[1.06] Spiritshift bug: Able to see animal form AND druid simultaneously (with repro steps!)

AndreaColombo

Question

This bug affects the game since release but no repro steps were available... until now ;)

When a Druid is spiritshifted, sometimes their regular form is visible alongside their animal form. Like this:

s6Rn3an.png

SAVED GAME: link

REPRO STEPS:

Load the attached saved game.

Select Hiravias and right-click on his Spiritshift ability; observe that it lasts for about 19 seconds.

Bring up the console to summon a hostile creature so that combat can start (e.g. BSC cre_blight_earth 1).

As soon as the hostile creature appears, pause the game and have the main character (the death godlike holding no weapons) engage it. This ensures that combat will last as long as you need to run the test.

Select Hiravias and make him Spiritshift. Start a chronometer immediately to monitor the duration of the ability.

Select Grieving Mother.

When the chronometer hits the 13-14 second mark, have Grieving Mother cast the 4th-level power Silent Scream on Hiravias to Stun him.

Observe that Hiravias's orlan form appears while his Autumn Stelgaer form is still visible.

Edited by AndreaColombo

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

3 answers to this question

EUREKA! I got it (and edited my OP to reflect the correct repro steps.)

The bug occurs when a spiritshifted Druid is affected by an affliction or effect whose duration is bound to outlast that of the spiritshift.

In the case of my repro steps above, when Grieving Mother's power stuns Hiravias, the Spiritshift is going to expire within 2-3 seconds whereas the Stun effect will last 6.6 seconds.

100% repro-ability (which is a word I've just made up to celebrate my QA success.)

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus