[1.06 v617] [Visual] - shadows in Oldsong

Insolentius

Question

This is how the look normally (pay attention to the six main characters)...

RcAaWI7.jpg

... this is how they looked when warped...

Jr4VSpo.jpg

... and here they're missing completely...

zY2Y2VB.jpg

This also affects NPCs. You can notice the bug as you're moving the camera around (my characters are in the same spot). This is the only location where I experienced this bug.

Here's the save file - https://mega.co.nz/#!VpI32RJI!aI0tITIx4Ydn1SdUV9zEzogP9Wm3V2eEBjp9D3bCi_g

4 answers to this question

Were you able to determine what makes them disappear or warp?

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

In Oldsong, the shadows extend towards southeast, and the problem becomes evident as you move the camera so that the characters are near the southeast corner, whereas in Northweald the shadows extend towards northwest, and the same issue crops up as you move the camera so that the characters are near the northwest corner. It probably has something to do with the direction of the light source and the way the engine draws shadows based on that source.

The problem is tied to these two locations or the 1.06 hotfix. It's unlikely that the problem is on my end because I have been running PoE using the same display driver ever since I started playing it (and I haven't had similar problems in more than 100 hours).

GPU - R7 260X 2GB

Edited by Insolentius