Perception now giving accuracy instead of deflection?

I would also like to note that if there's any one stat that clearly lags behind it is constitution. After you get a few levels worth of health/endurance there just isn't much reason to put points into constitution except perhaps for Monks. 

I'm curious about why this is taken so universally true as gospel in this game. In other games, there is debate over whether to prioritize endurance (i.e. health, typically) or defensive stats. I have not gotten very far in the game, but are there no enemies that can one-shot a tank with minimized Constitution on PoTD?

If heals are put aside, 3% endurance would translate to 3% longer survival at values close to normal. Yes the value of this would decrease slightly the more there is, but not tremendously, as we are just talking numbers up to around 30% above normal. Conversely, minimized Con would mean your tank survives 21% less time than normal, or 79% of normal. Heals of course can help compensate, but they are also harder to get off the lower your tank's health pool, all things equal.

Of course, all things aren't equal, and I don't know how I'd begin to calculate the impact of Perception or Resolve on average survival time. It would depend on which defense the attack was targeting, obviously. Then again, Constitution also improves Fortitude. I don't know how common damaging Fortitude attacks are throughout the whole game, but Prone and the other disabling attacks are certainly annoying.

Hmm... this discussion probably belongs elsewhere. Does anyone have a link handy?

There's a few reasons for constitution being minimally useful, even to a tank character:

1) The health/endurance penalty for dumping CON isn't particularly severe nor are the gains for pumping it all that spectacular. 21% won't make or break you.

2) Just as accuracy is essential to DPS your defenses are essential to your survival. Having a little extra endurance pales in comparison to having defenses higher and thus turn some crits to hits, hits to grazes, and grazes to misses. CON only gives one defense (fortitude) while PER and RES give two each (including the highly important deflection).

3) As long as you can avoid dying to a one shot (or a lot of rapid strong attacks) there are plenty of good healing options to keep your characters alive. Eventually you'll run out of health but if you aren't worried about conserving rests its rare any one battle will be enough to fully deplete your health (except perhaps at very low levels).

There are definitely benefits to not entirely dumping CON,  but when in doubt its a good place to steal attribute points from. The one case where CON is actually desirable is for a Monk. Their unusual wound system makes it beneficial for them to take a lot damage. You'll need that extra endurance/health to keep the Monk in the fight and lower defenses to allow him to get hit.

• Like 1

The changes were reverted with another hotfix today.

Making accuracy tied to a stat would be a very poor choice in my opinion. Literally every build short of a pure tank would demand maximum perception for increased accuracy (and even on PoTD a pure tank is pretty much overkill). I would definitely be in favor of trying to better equalize the stats but simply creating a new god-tier for attributes doesn't really accomplish this. I would suggest looking into enhancing interrupt to make it a more relevant stat.

One of the devs confirmed that this was a leaked 1.07 change here. If you want to prevent the change to Perception, you should probably start a protest thread now.

Thanks for the explanation Hoople. Yeah, monks are funny guys. It's not a concept I've wrapped my head around or learned to embrace at this point, being a masochist who wants to get hit and feel the pain lol. To each his own I guess, maybe someday, but I have already lost too much of my life to this game haha

Perception is currently the least important stat, that's why a change would make sense.

I'd argue Constitution is the worst stat. At least Perception raises Deflection, the extra Endurance from Con isn't really all that game defining, even on tank characters.

Anyway, Perception defining Accuracy would be a very welcome change. It would shoot to becoming THE most important stat of all.

I can't believe the logic of some people. How is it bad to have one more good stat, just because you might not be able to max themall? In the end your character will still be better and most importantly in an area that was implemented VERY LACKLUSTER before.

I'm not saying it'd be bad, I'm just saying I wouldn't be that excited about the change, I could take it or leave it. It's my personal feeling, nothing more, but the personal feelings of gamers are important to developers. From my point of view, I've restarted the game way too many times just to optimize my stats, so at this point I'd rather continue and enjoy the game instead of having to start over and rethink how to optimize yet again. I say there are tradeoffs, yes it would be a good change in some ways, just not that necessary IMHO, but if they do implement it they ought to give us a free respec.

I can't believe the logic of some people. How is it bad to have one more good stat, just because you might not be able to max themall? In the end your character will still be better and most importantly in an area that was implemented VERY LACKLUSTER before.

It's bad because they aren't equally good. If Perception effects accuracy it becomes the single best stat, for everybody. No amount of Might matters if your attacks don't hit. No amount of Intelligence matters if your spells miss. Maxing out Per becomes essential, and if everyone has the same Per, there is no point in the stat existing at all (other than to gimp NPC companions).

Now, if it where split, so there where different stats for melee, ranged and magic accuracy, that would be a different matter.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

I'm not saying it'd be bad, I'm just saying I wouldn't be that excited about the change, I could take it or leave it. It's my personal feeling, nothing more, but the personal feelings of gamers are important to developers. From my point of view, I've restarted the game way too many times just to optimize my stats, so at this point I'd rather continue and enjoy the game instead of having to start over and rethink how to optimize yet again. I say there are tradeoffs, yes it would be a good change in some ways, just not that necessary IMHO, but if they do implement it they ought to give us a free respec.

Just finish the game now, there isn't even a changelog yet, let alone a stable version. ;)

It's bad because they aren't equally good. If Perception effects accuracy it becomes the single best stat, for everybody. No amount of Might matters if your attacks don't hit. No amount of Intelligence matters if your spells miss. Maxing out Per becomes essential, and if everyone has the same Per, there is no point in the stat existing at all (other than to gimp NPC companions).

Now, if it where split, so there where different stats for melee, ranged and magic accuracy, that would be a different matter.

I believe your accuracy would stay the same as now if you had 10 PE since it is the base value and only get better above and worse below. Even my ranged cipher which is not pc has 10 PE and RE only so her def is not totally assm

I disagree with Fardragon's post and would welcome the change.

Allow me to elaborate (I'll use bullet points to improve readability as it'll likely end up being a wall of tl;dr text):

• Right now we have three universally useful DPS stats (MIG, DEX, INT), one universally useless dump stat (CON), and two stats that are only relevant to one specific build (PER and RES; tank). By changing PER to give +1 Accuracy per point, you'd turn it from being a dump-stat for everyone except tanks (and the ever elusive Interrupt builds) to another universally useful DPS stat. Building DPS characters would subsequently become more interesting, as you'd need to choose among four stats you couldn't simultaneously maximize. Your DPS builds would cease being 16/16/16 MIG/DEX/INT (or 18/18/18 if you dumped CON) and more options would open up that are equally viable.
  • "Jack-of-all-trades" characters would become stronger relative to min/maxed characters, whereas right now the latter are always much better than the former.
  • I disagree that PER would become a must-pump stat for everyone. PoE would not cease being the same game we've been playing so far, where having a +10 to Accuracy from attributes is not vital to winning. It is entirely possible to be effective in combat without pumping Accuracy (you don't necessarily need the Gauntlets of Accuracy or a Paladin's Zealous Focus aura, and even having both simultaneously doesn't trivialize combat in my experience) and it will continue to be so if PER is changed. Maxing out PER would give you an edge which would be offset by the damage output (MIG), action speed (DEX), AoE and duration (INT) etc. you wouldn't get by not investing the points in the relevant stats.
  • Additionally, the (currently obnoxiously limited and highly specialized) scope of tanks would change. Right now, pure tanks have maxed PER and RES, resulting in ridiculously high Deflection, and ridiculously low Accuracy, damage output, and action speed. Hence, tanks are totally useless in combat except for soaking up damage. By having a single stat for Deflection instead of two, you'd free up 8 points for your tank to spend elsewhere and it would become a bit more diverse and less boring as a build. Also, the tank-and-spank tactic would cease being as cheesy as to be considered fundamental by many (tanks wouldn't be nigh immortal any longer, but they would be able to output some damage.)
  • Shields would become a viable choice for non-tank characters. Right now, if you hold a shield, you must be a tank. Why? Because shields incur a (hefty) Accuracy penalty that can't be made up for in any way (or partially if you find the Gauntlets of Accuracy, but as they're part of the random loot table, you can't build a character around the assumption that you'll have them.) If PER gives Accuracy, you can use it to offset the penalty from shields and characters using them would become viable in combat. Again, the price you'd pay for it is the points you invest in PER and can't place in other DPS stats.
  • Dumping RES and making up for the loss of Deflection by putting points in PER would stop being viable. If only RES governs your Deflection and you dump it, you're a glass cannon. Perfectly viable, but with inherent risks that must be taken into account. This would be even more true if RES was rebalanced to account for its being the only remaining stat that governs Deflection (i.e. if its bonus to Deflection was increased, but not doubled.)—dumping it would be become a very bad idea in most scenarios, and min/maxing would be less attractive (again, still viable but a lot less "risk-free" than it is now.)
  • As a collateral benefit, Pallegina would stop being a poorly optimized tank and start being a useful character in combat :p
  • Monsters would hit you harder as they'd gain extra Accuracy from their PER score too (it is my humble opinion that their Deflection should not be lower, however) and you would only have one stat for Deflection as opposed to two. This way Deflection would be suddenly more meaningful.
  • It doesn't super make sense to have one stat for damage (MIG), one for action speed (DEX), one for Interrupt (PER), one for Concentration (RES) but two for Deflection (PER, RES) and zero for Accuracy. It's much more balanced to have one and one for Deflection and Accuracy respectively, even on paper. Additionally, please refer to this paper for the math comparing DPS from +1 Accuracy on PER against MIG and DEX. Besides, it makes sense for a stat carrying Interrupt to be offensive, rather than defensive.
Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

If PER governs accuracy in 1.07 it will turn from "tank only" stat to "everyone but tanks" stat. I don't see how that's any better. I would max PER on EVERY character to the point I would pick +1 per as a standard background, especially spellcasters, since accuracy is the most important stat for CC. The standard 2nd line party dps build would have minimal RES and CON with all other points in PER, MIG, DEX and INT, 1 of these stats a few points short of max depending on the class. Tanks would now go for max RES and CON + whatever. Solo builds would be a bit different although max PER spellcasters would become standard issue, probably at the cost of some DEX & RES. Also, PER would become a dumpstat for pure tanks.

Edited by MadDemiurg

Nobody argues PEr wozld become the best stat.

But I think having no attribute for acc was very wrong to begin with.

Ofc combat would become a little easier, but as AndreaColombo stated skme monsters would gain acc, too.

If PER governs accuracy in 1.07 it will turn from "tank only" stat to "everyone but tanks" stat. I don't see how that's any better. I would max PER on EVERY character to the point I would pick +1 per as a standard background, especially spellcasters, since accuracy is the most important stat for CC. The standard 2nd line party dps build would have minimal RES and CON with all other points in PER, MIG, DEX and INT, 1 of these stats a few points short of max depending on the class. Tanks would now go for max RES and CON + whatever. Solo builds would be a bit different although max PER spellcasters would become standard issue, probably at the cost of some DEX & RES. Also, PER would become a dumpstat for pure tanks.

Becoming a useful stat for every build except one counts as a vast improvement over being useful for just one build in my books.

Also, do you currently manage your in-game time meticulously in order to obtain three pairs of Gauntlets of Accuracy each play through? And do you always have a Paladin in your party with Zealous Focus on to get +6 Accuracy from it? If so, that's perfectly legit but also unnecessary, as that +11 to Accuracy doesn't really make you overpowered or able to cut through otherwise difficult encounters as though they were a cakewalk. It helps, but it's not a game-changer.

If not, why would you suddenly feel compelled to max out PER on every build to get +10 Accuracy from it? Is there anything suggesting that enemies' Deflection would increase to a point where you'd absolutely need the extra Accuracy from PER?

Also, once again, refer to the paper I linked for DPS calculation. +1 Accuracy on PER is very well balanced against +2% damage on MIG (and MIG currently grants +3%, so it would probably be better than PER in even more occasions.) It is also well balanced against +1 Deflection on RES, and RES currently grants more than +1 (and could grant more than it currently does if PER was changed to +1 Accuracy, imho.)

So yeah. Maxing out PER would be viable but by all means not mandatory and definitely not necessarily the best choice in all situations/builds.

Edited by AndreaColombo

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Actually gauntlets of accuracy are a very powerful item, although the game is easy enough so you don't have to fish for them. And I would always pick either a priest or a paladin in an optimal party for accuracy boost (Bless and ZF don't stack). Priest more likely since he has a lot of other good stuff, but possibly both with PC paladin doubling up as a tank. You would also be able to get much more than +10 accuracy from PER, more like 20+ with buffs and items. I think you can get like 36 PER or maybe more, I don't remember all rest bonuses. Accuracy is also more important than damage since all non damaging effects also benefit from it. Stacking accuracy to reliably land powerful CC is actually the easiest way to beat "tough" encounters. Currently if you min/max and use debuffs you still can miss with petrify vs Adra Dragon for instance. With a new source of accuracy that grants 20+ extra you will be guaranteed to at least graze without even using all possible modifiers.

Edited by MadDemiurg

Full creature rebalance is a ton of work. And most creatures already have ridiculously high fortitude scores compared to everything else, so raising it even more would be weird. My guess that the only change that would happen if this is implemented is that all creatures that had some PER modifier (positive or negative) would get a corresponding deflection and accuracy change. To keep things in check, creatures should get like +10-15 to all saves and +15-20 deflection, but to be fair this is unlikely to happen, and the only thing it would change is that every ranged dps and spellcaster would now max PER, while tanks would now dump it and do even less damage than they did. Melee dps would be in a really weird place stat wise in this case.

Edited by MadDemiurg

Full creature rebalance is a ton of work. And most creatures already have ridiculously high fortitude scores compared to everything else, so raising it even more would be weird. My guess that the only change that would happen if this is implemented is that all creatures that had some PER modifier (positive or negative) would get a corresponding deflection and accuracy change. To keep things in check, creatures should get like +10-15 to all saves and +15-20 deflection, but to be fair this is unlikely to happen, and the only thing it would change is that every ranged dps and spellcaster would now max PER, while tanks would now dump it and do even less damage than they did. Melee dps would be in a really weird place stat wise in this case.

if this happened, it would make PER a must have stat just to keep up with monster power level growth. because if all creatures got, say, 10 bonus defenses, that's the equivalent (roughly) of maxing PER on a character. so then said character would be in exactly the same place they were before 1.07; anyone who didn't max PER would then be "nerfed" by 10 accuracy.

of course, it's always been said the game is too easy...

• Like 1

of course, it's always been said the game is too easy...

But that never had anything to do with Accuracy; rather, it has to do with poor AI, lack of immunities, and generally lackluster encounter design.

I disagree with MadDemiurg on the fact that PER would become a must-pump stat for everyone—but that much is clear, by now :) You simply don't need the extra Accuracy to beat the game. Not more than you need the extra damage, action speed, duration, etc.. That said, the more pump-stats you have that fight for your points at character creation, the better.

I also disagree on the extent to which the Gauntlets of Accuracy are powerful. +5 out 100 is the same as +1 out of 20—i.e. +5 Accuracy in PoE is the same as +1 attack bonus in Dungeons & Dragons. Hardly a massive benefit, which is the reason why even paired with Zealous Focus they don't make combat that much easier. (I had one play through without Paladins or Gauntlets of Accuracy and one with both, and I didn't really find the second play through to be that much easier; they were roughly comparable.)

I do agree that CC spells might require some re-balancing, BUT ... it should be noted that most people playing normally won't have 36 PER in every encounter (or ever.) Besides 36 (or any number close to it) is a godly score for any attribute, so it is unfair to base your judgment of an attribute on its effects when at 36. Pick a melee DPS with 36 MIG and its damage output will be downright insane, for example. If you spend time and effort micromanaging your resources to ensure you always have a godly PER score in every encounter, you are willingly power-gaming: On the one hand, being a lot more powerful than your enemies is your reward for investing time and effort into obtaining high PER scores; on the other, the very goal of power-gaming is to be so powerful that combat encounters become trivial for you.

The same would happen by pumping your MIG or DEX scores to similar levels (or petrifying your enemy with the bonus duration from 36 INT.)

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 1

Due to the miss/graze/hit/crit system a +5 to accuracy is a bigger bonus than it might seem. When accuracy minus enemy defense is around zero, increased accuracy shifts misses (0% damage) to crits (150% damage).

Lets assume a 10 damage attack made with 20 accuracy against an enemy with 20 deflection. If attack is made 100 times, with each roll (1 to 100) made once, the following will happen:

• 15 misses for 0 total damage
  • 35 grazes at 5 damage each for 175 total damage
  • 50 hits at 10 damage each for 500 total damage

Total damage: 675 (6.75 average damage)

If we give +5 to accuracy and repeat this, we instead get:

• 10 misses for 0 total damage
  • 35 grazes at 5 damage each for 175 total damage
  • 50 hits at 10 damage each for 500 total damage
  • 5 crits at 15 damage each for 75 total damage

Total damage: 750 (7.5 average damage)

That 75 bonus damage from 5 increased accuracy is an extra 11.11% average damage.

But in practice the bonus of extra accuracy is actually much higher due to damage reduction. If we assumed the enemy we were attacking also had 5 damage reduction, the 5 damage grazes would be reduced to 1 damage each, the 10 damage hits would be reduced to 5 damage each, and the 15 damage crits would be reduced to 10 damage each. This would make our 0 (net) accuracy average damage only 2.85 and our 5 (net) accuracy average damage 3.35. This time our 50 bonus damage from 5 increased accuracy resulted in an extra 17.54% average damage.

It is worth noting that accuracy has smaller bonuses when accuracy minus defense is very low (shifting misses to hits or grazes) or very high (shifting grazes or hits to crits). The lower damage reduction is the less boost accuracy has. It is also very important to consider that accuracy also applies to non-damage spells/abilities, which includes some of the most potent CC.

I'm still trying to determine exactly how much the damage bonus from strength helps and in what cases, but it does seem to compare favorably much of the time. This assumes each point of perception would give 1 point of accuracy; if each point of perception gave 2 or more accuracy it would crush the bonus from strength. However, strength's damage bonus is significantly impacted if your net accuracy is low. In any case every non-tank build would do their best to max both perception and strength.

Edited by HoopleDoople

Firstly, +5 accuracy in PoE is not the same as +1 attack bonus in D&D. in D&D +1 AB means +5% to hit chance and that's it (well it also affects critical rolls, but not as much as it does in POE). In POE it directly converts hits to crits and also converts grazes to hits, something missing in D&D entirely. So it's more valuable than 1 AB. And 1 AB is a pretty decent bonus in D&D, spell & weapon focus feats were well worth it in NWN games (there's much more broken stuff in tabletop though). Plus, items bonuses are overall pretty shabby in POE. Let's say you would use +2might and +1con gauntlets instead. That's +6% damage and +3% health. +5 accuracy is clearly better.

The fact that you don't need accuracy bonuses to beat the game is because the game is very easy. Accuracy bonuses are very powerful, and it becomes more apparent if you solo or artificially raise difficulty in some other way.

As for maxing PER on everyone - well, what else would you max (at least in a party, where someone else can tank)? For ranged DPS RES and CON can be dumped, that gives you like 3 maxed stats and like 14-15 points in a 4th one. So INT, PER, MIG, DEX. Autoattack classes like Rogues would go with lower INT (or even dump it), at least in a party. That gives max PER, MIG and DEX. CC casters would go for lower MIG with max DEX, PER and INT. DPS casters would go max DEX, PER AND MIG with lower INT or with max MIG PER INT and lower DEX for DoTs.

36 MIG is actually not that great, since damage bonuses are additive and on a dps class you probably already have quite a few. It also costs nothing if you can't hit. DPS increase from accuracy, damage bonuses and attack speed are all multiplicative in relation to each other btw, so maxing all of them gives you progressively more. And 36 INT Petrify doesn't do anything if it doesn't hit. Accuracy is much more important than any duration bonuses you might have.

All in all, accuracy and defenses are probably the most important stats (they are also the ones that scale with levels). Higher level enemies are often differentiated by higher defenses and accuracy and are harder to deal with because of how difficult it is to land hits on them and how easy they can hit you. Giving yet another way to boost accuracy would make most of the game encounters beatable much earlier.

Edited by MadDemiurg

Due to the miss/graze/hit/crit system a +5 to accuracy is a bigger bonus than it might seem. 

Same could be said for bonuses to deflection as well right?  One thing about taking the deflection bonus off perception is you can no longer pump both resolve and deflection for your tanks, making them a more vulnerable.  If you combine that with enemies also getting an accuracy bonus from perception, you should get a hit a lot more.  This sort of change should make combat more lethal for both sides of the action, I think this is good, the way the game is currently balanced there are a lot of enemies that have trouble hitting you at all. 

• Like 1

Due to the miss/graze/hit/crit system a +5 to accuracy is a bigger bonus than it might seem. 

Same could be said for bonuses to deflection as well right?  One thing about taking the deflection bonus off perception is you can no longer pump both resolve and deflection for your tanks, making them a more vulnerable.  If you combine that with enemies also getting an accuracy bonus from perception, you should get a hit a lot more.  This sort of change should make combat more lethal for both sides of the action, I think this is good, the way the game is currently balanced there are a lot of enemies that have trouble hitting you at all. 

True, OTOH you would be able to dump PER without getting a deflection penalty, which would allow to max RES and CON. Overall tanks would lose like 10-15 deflection (more with buffs), but gain like 17 stat points to spend elsewhere, CON for instance. So while it would be more difficult to become unhitable (vs physical attacks anyway), it's not like tanks would be significantly less tanky.

I'm still trying to determine exactly how much the damage bonus from strength helps and in what cases, but it does seem to compare favorably much of the time. This assumes each point of perception would give 1 point of accuracy; if each point of perception gave 2 or more accuracy it would crush the bonus from strength. However, strength's damage bonus is significantly impacted if your net accuracy is low. In any case every non-tank build would do their best to max both perception and strength.

Right here, complete with graphs and charts, on page 7.

MadDemiurg, I sure hope what the devs have in mind is broader in scope than just swapping Deflection for Accuracy on Perception. If they paid any mind to the forums since the game's release (and chances are they have), they must know that CON is the current go-to stat for dumping. If it was either integer-based or it had a bigger impact than 3%, dumping it would become a terrible idea for most builds and pumping it could be worthwhile.

Likewise, if RES remained the only Deflection stat, it is my opinion that it should be slightly buffed (but not so much as to have the same effect on Deflection as PER+RES currently have, for that would quite possibly make it overpowered.) That way, dumping it would also be a fairly bad idea (the moment a few shades teleported next to your squishes with dumped CON and RES, your squishes would be dead; especially if shades had extra accuracy from PER.)

I also assume PER will give +1 Accuracy per point. Anything beyond that would be exceedingly OP.

With these changes, I contend the attribute system would make for much more interesting choices and varied character builds (as opposed to the current system that encourages min/maxing and heavily specialized builds.)

And 36 INT Petrify doesn't do anything if it doesn't hit. Accuracy is much more important than any duration bonuses you might have.

This would be a valid argument if the extra Accuracy from PER was necessary for your Petrify spells to hit, which it isn't. It would simply make it more likely by a few % points. But personally I find my spells already hit fairly often; if I had to choose between extra duration and extra chances to hit, I would personally favor the former. Miss? I'll cast it again and I'll probably hit. Then my enemy is petrified forever and I can kill it with ease. Different play styles, I guess :)

Edited by AndreaColombo

I don't see how, RES can be "slightly" buffed, I don't think devs are going to introduce any non integer values, so it's either 1 or 2 deflection per point. At 2 it would indeed be OP but still a dump stat for ranged dps.

As for CON changes - we've got to see them (if any are planned at all) to jump to any conclusion.

Min CON/RES glasscannon would still be perfectly viable because in case of teleporting shades/whatever you can still drop a CC like repulsing seal (which with the supposed PER acc bonuses will crit most of the time) and proceed to dps them to death. You'll also get another layer of soft CC in form of interrupts (with increased accuracy) when maxing PER.