Excited, but why so quiet?

I am very excited to see this game!  I love the tabletop card game and have played it since play testing.  One question, where is the news updates?  Why so quiet on a game which appears fairly close to release?  I'd love to see details and even help beta-test.  I have been a play-tester for many titles in the past and would love to help this game along!

thanks!

Sean

I would guess that you need to ask that question from Paizo, who is the publisher. And as publisher and ip owner they are the one who decides marketing strategy for the game and what information about it can be published and when.

Paizo is the license holder, not the publisher. We are working to get the game ready to put into a beta test environment. We will let you know when that's up and running.

Beyond that, we are a small development team with our eyes on the prize. When release dates are more certain, we won't hide them!

• Like 6

Nathan/Llaney - what can you tell us about expansions, particularly class decks?

Of course I'm assuming (there's that word again) - that the base characters, add-on deck, and all 6 adventure decks will be available at or near the launch date.  

I don't like the base game characters though.  Much of the joy of playing PACG:ROTR is that I have 28 different characters to choose from with all my class decks, and apparently 16 more waiting in the wings come September when four more decks are released. 

blah blah rant....so here are my two questions:

- The base game characters had their content changed (read, improved) when they were re-released in the class decks.  Will we see the original characters in the app, or the revised versions?

- which expansions/IAPs are already in the works, and which ones are "let's see how the game sells first?"

• Like 1

It's safe to say we will start out with the characters as they were originally created. There will be updates to account for errata and the like. We are very interested in providing alternate versions of the iconics, but that's all I can say at the moment.

We have multiiple expansion decks in the works. Enough so I can spend most of a work day playing through it and not get through all of the content available. As we have enough of a game to evaluate, we are refocusing on interface and usability. That beings said, I wouldn't expect everything at once.

• Like 3

It's safe to say we will start out with the characters as they were originally created. There will be updates to account for errata and the like. We are very interested in providing alternate versions of the iconics, but that's all I can say at the moment.

We have multiiple expansion decks in the works. Enough so I can spend most of a work day playing through it and not get through all of the content available. As we have enough of a game to evaluate, we are refocusing on interface and usability. That beings said, I wouldn't expect everything at once.

oh, indeed, I didn't expect everything at once.  Just hoping they become available eventually.

oh, indeed, I didn't expect everything at once.  Just hoping they become available eventually.

I don't expect them to all be out at once either, but hopefully they will come quick.  I have the physical board game and play it solo, but having it on my ipad will be awesome!  Really looking forward to the finished project.

Will this be out before the 4th set "Mummy's Mask"?

What's this Mummy's Mask you speak of - got a link to that?  (in tabletop format, I presume)

https://twitter.com/monkeyking/status/602319523446796288

So picking that one up.  Love all things Egypt-y.

Still...a tiny rant...I wish they would tweak the game formula a little bit - add some concept of gold, or different leveling/multi-classing mechanics, factions...something to make it feel a little more like an RPG. Especially factions.

• 2 weeks later...