Hey there!

Just curious, is there really only one Sky Dragon, and if we don't kill it, we cannot enchant quarterstaves and other weapons to the highest level? So I can either role-play a good character that doesn't kill a mother and her only child left to her, or I can enchant my weapon? :(

• Like 1

FdSm3p1.png

A character isn't necessarily bad or evil for killing the Sky Dragon.  The Sky Dragon can easily be threat to the residents of the area, and killing would be seen as saving them from the threat of the dragon and its offspring.  After all, more dragons equals a greater threat.

I don't think leaving her alive is considered a "good" rp choice either.Just look at the dialogue you have with her and you will quickly see she is an evil beast which would rather attack, kill and feed you to her young anyway if you weren't smart enough to pick the one option (which requires you to have a certain attribute high enough if I'm not mistaken) that doesn't let her attack you.

• Like 1

Well that mother did also like slaughter a bunch of people out of the blue just to build a nest.  But yeah you can only do one or two superb enchants.  The people complain that a fully enchanted weapon is just as good as uniques and that is a bad thing are indulging in a bit of hyperbole.  Any uniques with superb on them are a serious thing because its one less weapon type that competes for the eyes.

Edited by cctobias
  • Like 3

But my question is:

Is there another Sky Dragon? Or is there any other way to get sky dragon eyes, maybe in some shop I didn't find yet?

No, and no.  And I doubt that you can get sky dragon eyes as a random drop item.

That said, I wouldn't stress over it.  The game is entirely winnable without using the Sky Dragon eyes to upgrade 1-2 weapons.  You can do just fine with Exceptional weapons.  Would it be nice and cool to be able to do the upgrades?  Sure.  Is it critical?  No.

• Like 1

But the fight with the sky dragon is pretty entertaining, so if you don't kill it, you miss out twice :p

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Whilst the supply of Sky Dragon eyes is very limited, there are more weapons to be found that are already "superb".

• Like 1

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

Thanks everyone for your responses so far; I appreciate your feedback/input. :)

If she's really that evil, maybe I will kill the Sky Dragon in this playthrough (in my last one I spared her because the godess of the temple she chose for her nest, is also the godess of motherhood and things that fly).

I'm interested in applying the "superb" enchantment to my staff, because I don't want to apply anything that adds a visual effect (which sadly all non-quality-related enchantments do).

FdSm3p1.png

Hylea doesn't necessarily want her dead.

I picked up a superb staff somewhere around Twin Elms. It has freezing lash, but you could always change that through crafting.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

Well you can convince her that leaving the dragon be is beauty. But she does send you there to kill it so it takes convincing afterwards if you dont do it

No, she doesn't send you there it kill it. She sends you to restore her temple, it is the priests who ask you to kill the dragon (and are rather shifty about it).

I viewed it as a test: Hylea sent the dragon in the first place to see if her priests where wise enough to realise that as a beautiful flying creature, the dragon was inherently sacred to Hylea.

Well you can convince her that leaving the dragon be is beauty. But she does send you there to kill it so it takes convincing afterwards if you dont do it

No, she doesn't send you there it kill it. She sends you to restore her temple, it is the priests who ask you to kill the dragon (and are rather shifty about it).

I viewed it as a test: Hylea sent the dragon in the first place to see if her priests where wise enough to realise that as a beautiful flying creature, the dragon was inherently sacred to Hylea.

No she sends you there to kill it. She wants it dead and gone so the temple xan be filled with singers, painters birds again.

If you dont kill it, you need to convince her the dragon was beauty and so you did not kill it. She does accept that after you convince her but her first response is asking why didnt you do as i asked?

No she sends you there to kill it. She wants it dead and gone so the temple xan be filled with singers, painters birds again.

If you dont kill it, you need to convince her the dragon was beauty and so you did not kill it. She does accept that after you convince her but her first response is asking why didnt you do as i asked?

It's a teacher's question. She want's to see if you understand WHY not killing the dragon was the right decision.

Hylea always knew that a dragon was just as good as singers, painters, and birds, but she needs to make sure her followers understand that too.

Hylea gets fed up with being the god of pink fluffy butterflies and all things twee.

• 11 months later...

I agree with the sentiment on sparing the dragon. You don't know enough about the sky dragon species to make this kind of judgement... despite what those priests want. It's rather telling that they're response to you asking about the dragon just leads to 'it attacked us and is dangerous; you don't need to know anything else'. Well, if you don't want context, then I don't care about yours either. Killing a lone male is one thing, but a female that reaches that age, along with her only surviving wurm, shouldn't be discarded so carelessly.

Nice to know that superb items are available without killing her. I don't think any of my characters will ever kill her, no matter how evil they are.

It did feel too easy to spare her, though. I'd think she'd be a lot more distrustful of a heavily-armed paladin barging in there with a team of six armed to the teeth. I was at least expecting a resolve check somewhere.