WOT post count towards "Regular" post count?

Calax

I realize we've gone over this before, but that was years ago and I just wanted to bring it up again for discussion, should we/could we get our WOT posts counted in the little post counter under our profile?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I hope not

I try (and often fail) to keep all my nonsense contained to WOT so my number won't go up

I'm just not that kind of guy

Use your magic stone to hide your true posting intentions  :biggrin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I think post counts should be invisible. They offer nothing of real value as far as I can see, yet still somehow manage to be a source of several bones of contention.

Or assigned arbitrarily by a random number generator at midnight every night.

• Like 3

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

They should count negatively.

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

How about we find a way to convert post counts to minutes. I estimate that a weighted average of what it takes me to write up a post is about 5 minutes (taking into consideration both drive-bys and walls of text). So my post count would be equivalent to 375+ hours spent ****posting here. Wow, more than I have logged in any one single game...

T.O.M.B.S. GOTY 2015

edit: wait, that's without the hidden WoT posts. FML

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

How about we find a way to convert post counts to minutes. I estimate that a weighted average of what it takes me to write up a post is about 5 minutes (taking into consideration both drive-bys and walls of text). So my post count would be equivalent to 375+ hours spent ****posting here. Wow, more than I have logged in any one single game...

T.O.M.B.S. GOTY 2015

edit: wait, that's without the hidden WoT posts. FML

But remember, that's 375+ hours over 11 years (3878 days), so even if WOT doubled with your post count, its still only about 4.5 hours a day.  For 11 years.

Not making it any better, am I?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

You are. Now we know two things: 2leet fails at life and Amentep fails at math.

(~800 hours/3878 days = 0.2 hours per day)

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

3878 days = 93072 hours

800 hours / 93072 hours = .009 (.9%)

.9% of 24 hours = .2 hours

I forgot to keep track of my units.  I'm properly mortified.

Well, perhaps I simply fail at writing up posts quickly? Yes? Maybe?

;(

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Can we just pay for post counts? Or make it a $$ add on for future Kickstarter campaigns?

Gotta monetize this like piecemeal DLC.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Can we just pay for post counts? Or make it a $$ add on for future Kickstarter campaigns?

Gotta monetize this like piecemeal DLC.

the notion o' paying to increase post counts is absurd.

on the other hand, we might consider paying to reduce our post count.  is kinda a barometer o' shame, no?

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

That's a novel idea. How about we just pay to obfuscate post counts all together?

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle