Made a strange and rather sad discovery today

So I'm doing my first run on hard and reached Raedric's stronghold.

There's that animancer who's name I never can quite remember and she's got a cat. So I fought her and her minions and as always I looked for the mangled kitty to give her a new home. Only to discover she's lying dead on the floor.

Strange, I thought pets were immortal.

You murdered an innocent kitty??!  Why??!  Why would you do such a thing??!  You fiend!!!!

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

You murdered an innocent kitty??!  Why??!  Why would you do such a thing??!  You fiend!!!!

Wasn't it already dead?

It was only mostly dead.  Consult Miracle Max if you need a clear understanding of the various intricate levels of deadness that exist.  That said those mind blades can be AOE so you probably many it dead dead with them OP.

• Like 1

Wasn't it already dead?

It was only mostly dead.  Consult Miracle Max if you need a clear understanding of the various intricate levels of deadness that exist.  That said those mind blades can be AOE so you probably many it dead dead with them OP.

Nope, it is either alive or dead, don't let no quantum mechanics tell you otherwise. Unless it is undead. Then again when exactly is something that has nine lives considered undead is kind of a moot point.

Aaaaaanyway, I guess that's a bug. Mind blades are not supposed to hit it.

• Like 1

Nothing gold can stay.

So this is what happened... :(

Now, I was using those crazy-dangerous bouncy fireball scrolls and my party itself barely made it out of that fight alive (much less the poor little cat) because of said scrolls...but I will tread more carefully in this room in the future. 

Edit: I never even found the body...the cat was just gone. Thus the mystery. Sounds a lot like Eothas & the Godhammer bomb, actually; some real symbolism in that fight.

Edited by TrumpetWinsock