Wait....Chris Avellone left Obsidian?

Longknife

How and why would you let him do that?

• Like 1

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

This makes me sad. Good luck to Chris wherever he goes.

There goes all my hopes for the POE expansion.

I'm hoping he ends up at inXile. I'd say Bethesda, but that would seem more of a curse.

He wasn't involved much with PoE (I think he only wrote Durance and Grieving Mother), so him leaving won't hurt expansion. Also, he could already did his part.

On one hand, based on the companions in Pillars, I think Obsidian still has a pretty great talent pool to draw upon (although I'd be lying if I said I'm not curious what Mr. Avellone's next project will be).

On the other hand, based on the plot in Pillars, I weep for the future of Obsidian.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

How and why would you let him do that?

How and why would you prevent it?

I mean, the guy is co-founder, I doubt they could have just offered him More Money. We'll probably never know the real reasons why he's leaving, so speculate away...

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Well, thats is sucks. Obsidian seems as doing well, so WHY?  Who is goin to make cRPG now? I mean ofc, ANY studio in theory can create an awesome RPG. But Chris was part of some awesome old cRPG, so he gives bonus +20% RPG-ist to the project, and now he is left. Damn, thats sucks.

Sorry for my bag English.  :dancing:

I'm hoping he ends up at inXile. I'd say Bethesda, but that would seem more of a curse.

Connected to inXile acquiring the Van Buren trademark? Did Chris work on the original?

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

Connected to inXile acquiring the Van Buren trademark? Did Chris work on the original?

Yes, IIRC he spent a long time working on it as a creative lead which is often compared to the time he spent spearheading Planescape:Torment.

Does that mean we're going to get Wasteland 3: Van Buren?

I've never finished a Fallout game, but if I understand correctly, didn't New Vegas use of the spine of Van Buren's plot?

1aw3tiY.png

God Dammit :(

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Yeah, congrats to Bio for landing him

Wait, what?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy