Chris Avellone leaves Obsidian

mkreku

https://twitter.com/ChrisAvellone/status/718256377207123970

@ChrisAvellone Where you ever bashed on and told you wouldn't succeed when you were wanting to get into the video game industry? Competition

@ImanJavanmardi Absolutely, several times & still to this day. ;) Also happened in PNP game writing (more often). It's why I freelance now.

https://twitter.com/ChrisAvellone/status/718256377207123970

@ChrisAvellone Where you ever bashed on and told you wouldn't succeed when you were wanting to get into the video game industry? Competition

@ImanJavanmardi Absolutely, several times & still to this day. ;) Also happened in PNP game writing (more often). It's why I freelance now.

Damn.

Edited by RingMachine

...So where and how exactly can I get my hands on some PNP Avellone goodness?

• Like 1

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

There's a really cool module he did for Dark Heresy here.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Don't see much of a point in posting sly, vague tweets, to be honest. It's just fuel for more trolling and flames.

The guys at Obsidian probably deserve it tbh

the more chrisA posts such stuff, the more he yields whatever moral high ground he mighta' once held a claim to. the twitter and interview sniping that chrisA indulges in, knowing full well that obsidian has not and will not respond, is getting extreme old.  am actual curious why, given the 'mount o' time that has elapsed since his obsidian departure, some folks keep posting chrisA's one-sided slappy fight with his former colleagues.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Don't see much of a point in posting sly, vague tweets, to be honest. It's just fuel for more trolling and flames.

the more chrisA posts such stuff, the more he yields whatever moral high ground he mighta' once held a claim to. the twitter and interview sniping that chrisA indulges in, knowing full well that obsidian has not and will not respond, is getting extreme old.  am actual curious why, given the 'mount o' time that has elapsed since his obsidian departure, some folks keep posting chrisA's one-sided slappy fight with his former colleagues.

HA! Good Fun!

You know what I like about Avellone compared to other Obsidian devs? His honesty. He's never afraid to say what he thinks. It was fun back when he was still there and posted a bunch of behind the scenes stuff (like the Metacritic bonus, which was a smart move from him that had improved Obsidian's reputation incredibly).

Whatever the guys at Obsidian may deserve, there's nothing in that post that indicates he was talking about them.

• Like 1

Whatever the guys at Obsidian may deserve, there's nothing in that post that indicates he was talking about them.

Exactly, he says even to this day. Meaning he constantly gets **** for his writing, but that's just part of the business. Retards gonna retard, no matter how good you are.

Hate the living, love the dead.

There's a really cool module he did for Dark Heresy here.

Can't find it. Was the topic title supposed to be the joke?

Edited by aluminiumtrioxid

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

I think he worked on the following for the CHAMPIONS line:

Dystopia

Heroic Adventures Volume 1

Heroic Adventures, Vol. 2: Six Adventures for Dark Champions

Underworld Enemies

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

HA! Good Fun!

You know what I like about Avellone compared to other Obsidian devs? His honesty. He's never afraid to say what he thinks. It was fun back when he was still there and posted a bunch of behind the scenes stuff (like the Metacritic bonus, which was a smart move from him that had improved Obsidian's reputation incredibly).

Lol, honesty from the guy who recently just said that he was jealous of Siege of Dragonspear's writing? 

One could interpret Chris' tweet so that people's dissing of his writing has given him motivation to improve his writing skills in level where he can choose which companies he lends his talent.

Of course one can also interpret it as dissing towards Obsidian, although in that case reference towards PNP writing don't make that much sense.

But drink your tea as you like.