Adra Dragon down but could use help as it was a sloppy win.

Beat the Master Below on HARD but I could use some advice as it was VERY sloppy.  My crew consisted of:

PC: Tank Paladin lvl 11 up to par gear for end game don't want to bore you guys.

Eder: Fighter tank lvl 11

Hiravias: Druid lvl 11

Grieving Mother lvl 11

Durance lvl 11

Is there anyway to AVOID the breathe?  My tank was avoiding it most of the time but its inevitable with her high accuracy that you are going to get a bad roll and get wacked with it.  Its the only reason both of my tanks went down.  But they had such high defenses that they were able to eat quite a few of them while the rest of the party killed adds and then Adra herself.  I know petrify works but didn't figure it out until late in the fight lol I was able to burst her down that way.  Also with a mental binding.

Have gun will travel.

load up on consumables before battle.  

*shrug*

best options for Gromnir has been mind plague and scrolls o' paralysis.  hiravias can cast petrify, but so too can some o' those ads, which comes in handy when they is dominated or confused. happen to hit dragon with mind plague and it will blast the ads instead o' you.  and even a graze from a paralysis scroll gives a couple seconds breathing space during which you can stack on debuffs.  we typical got multiple characters that is able to cast from scrolls.

that being said, the dragon breath, particular if you got bad luck with rolls, can serious hurt. stick a second chance armour on durance jic.  when he auto-revives, he can then revive other party mates via spell.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

You can avoid all the attacks if you stay out of his range. In other words you can use a spell to immobilize him or reduce his movement speed to 0 and then attack him with ranged attacks/spells. Rangers have a very good spell for that with very long duration and which attacks the weakest defense of the dragon (reflex).

Edited by Kaylon

You can avoid all the attacks if you stay out of his range. In other words you can use a spell to immobilize him or reduce his movement speed to 0 and then attack him with ranged attacks/spells. Rangers have a very good spell for that with very long duration and which attacks the weakest defense of the dragon (reflex).

Someone has to hold him though.  If a tank doesn't engage him he will just run at whoever is ranging him and barf on them.  So not everyone can stay at range BUT I do get your second point .  CCing when hes going to breath is where its at and what saved me late in the fight I should of started earlier.  I let the adds distract me.

I DID win it just wasn't as smooth as I would have liked.

Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.

Someone has to hold him though.  If a tank doesn't engage him he will just run at whoever is ranging him and barf on them.  So not everyone can stay at range BUT I do get your second point .  CCing when hes going to breath is where its at and what saved me late in the fight I should of started earlier.  I let the adds distract me.

I DID win it just wasn't as smooth as I would have liked.

I think he means permahold him with binding roots.

• Like 1

I mostly use summons to distract the dragon and eat the breath attacks while I use real party members to kill it's lackeys as far away from the dragon possible, then once it's isolated it's a lot easier, especially if you can hit it with debuffs, although even then I usually keep someone who can revive far away from the action, just in case; a chanter who can summon ogres or drakes, but also revive is pretty handy in that role.