Game cant load save games

Karson

Question

8 answers to this question

^Happens to me too - if you wait a few minutes after booting up the computer and then start the game, the options should be available.

(Failing that, double-check that the saved games are in the folder.  For windows it's in C:\users\[name]\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity  )

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Hi there, 

Can you guys that are seeing this issue please post your dxdiags here. Slower computers can cause issues with loading the game.

Also, need to know which platform you are running the game on. (If you are using Steam, do you have cloud saves turned on or off)

Check to see if your save games are present in their proper folder.

Got the same trouble.

I checked your dxdiag posted in the other thread, it looks like you are well under our minimum specifications to run the game. Are you able to enter the game and actually make a save? If so check to see if that save game is in it's folder and report back.

Thanks for your feedback. 

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

Hi Derek. Thanks for replying.

Indeed my specs are low. I playing from my old laptop with some 8 years behind it. :D

-I have played the game on this machine for something like 10 hours until I gave up becouse it's boring to start all over again.

-Reached past gilded vale (sp?) to some of the forest area's without a single glitch.

-Yes I'm able to make a save.

-The save is firmly stored in my save folder. C/user/username/saved games/pillars of eternity. Have quite a few there now.

-As long as I stay in game I'm able to save and load.

-If I exit game and restarts it, the load and continue Icons are greyed out.

-If I make new saves, only those save files from the current playsession are availeble for loading. 

Karson: Sorry to hijack your thread.

Kalthenberg,

How long do you typically wait for your saves to load? Once you start a new game, especially on a lower end system, give it a few minutes to look for your saves games.

Also, are you using Steam? Do you have Steam Cloud enabled?

Thanks

• Like 1

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

For reference, here's my dxdiag.txt

If I wait 3 or 4 minutes after booting up the PC (not opening Pillars) and then start the game - the options to load and continue are available.

If I open pillars straight after booting up, they're greyed out.

Not a big problem for me, now that I know how it works - before I was looking all over for a solution that involved copying and pasting the saved games back and forth - turns out this was just using up the right amount of time.

If I quit and restart - it's ok.  If I shut-down the computer and reboot - same issue with greyness until I wait.

DxDiag.txt

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Hi again Derek and thanks for taking your time to investigate this issue.

Kalthenberg,

How long do you typically wait for your saves to load? Once you start a new game, especially on a lower end system, give it a few minutes to look for your saves games.

Thanks

I typicaly need to wait a few minutes to start a new game.

Save games (in the same gaeming session) usually takes between 1-3 minutes to load.

I do use Steam

And i have steam could enabled.

Just tried opening the game and waiting 5 minutes. Nothing happens The continue and load options are still greyed out.

10 minutes later: Stil nothing, and no options to load anything. Making it impossible to pick up from where I left the games last time.

Hi again Derek and thanks for taking your time to investigate this issue.

Kalthenberg,

Thanks

I typicaly need to wait a few minutes to start a new game.

Save games (in the same gaeming session) usually takes between 1-3 minutes to load.

I do use Steam

And i have steam could enabled.

Just tried opening the game and waiting 5 minutes. Nothing happens The continue and load options are still greyed out.

10 minutes later: Stil nothing, and no options to load anything. Making it impossible to pick up from where I left the games last time.

Close the game - then wait 5 minutes - then reopen.