Hi everyone, my first post here.

I'm really into this game, even though I keep starting over to optimize my party, first on Normal and then on Hard, and have yet to even explore all of Defiance Bay because of this :p. Now that I've gotten a feel and read into some of the mechanics, I want to play PotD with just the companion characters. I know that's not ideal, but it's how I want to do it. To be clear, I have the option set that allows me to customize them other than their Lvl 1 stats and abilities. In particular, I've been reading about how powerful the conjured weapons can be, and I want to build Aloth around a combination of control and Minor Blights. During some other play through in the future, I may want to make a custom party with a beefier wizard and take Parasitic Staff and then Spirit Lance.

Here are my questions:

1) Do you have to have the same weapon type equipped that you are conjuring? e.g. could I have a scepter equipped, say, if it has better stats early in the game, and would the Parasitic Staff spell still work as intended?

2) If the spells are flexible this way, do the conjured weapons have damage based on the equipped weapon? e.g. would Parasitic Staff or Spirit Lance do significantly more damage if I had the appropriate weapon type equipped, versus a fast weapon like a scepter?

3) Do weapon enchants affect conjured weapons? e.g. accuracy and damage quality enchants, damage lash, slaying, unique effects...

4) Do talents affect the conjured weapon? e.g. weapon focus, Two-Handed Style for Staff and Lance, Blast, Penetrating Blast, Dangerous Implement for Blights... what about Scion of Flame and the other elemental talents for Blights?

Thank you in advance!

your equipped weapons have no effect on your summoned weapons whatsoever. You are swapping to the summoned weapon and only the stats and abilities of the summoned weapon are used (think of it as having that weapon in an alternate slot). In the same way then your weapon focus talents do affect the new weapon you equip via the spell. 

For my solo Wizard run I equipped a large shield and hatchet for spellcasting for maximum deflection and then cast the weapon I wanted to use for damage

Edited by Omnicron

6ej155.jpg

Thanks. Interesting... so the defensive stats on equipped weapons and shields still apply, just not the offensive ones? e.g. you retain the defense from the shield, but are not affected by its accuracy penalty?

So weapon focus applies, as well as all the other talents I mentioned?

That sounds sweet, looking forward to trying it out! I'm almost at level 6 on my Hard play through, when I plan to pick up Minor Blights and Dangerous Implement. He has Blast and Penetrating Blast already.

Thanks. Interesting... so the defensive stats on equipped weapons and shields still apply, just not the offensive ones? e.g. you retain the defense from the shield, but are not affected by its accuracy penalty?

nope, I just did that while casting other spells. Once I conjure a weapon I loose that deflection, but all the conjured weapons have reach or range so I do not mind losing the shield and axe deflection. Also by the time  I conjure my weapon I also have my deflection spell buff up. 

Wizards are very strong :) Enjoy!

• Like 1

6ej155.jpg