Some Ending Slides and your choices

I just finished the game supporting Knights of the Crucible. Not sure if I will play again so was wondering if there were alternatives. Feel free to post more outcomes for people who do not feel like playing through the whole game :)

I supported Animancy at the hearings and encouraged Clyver to keep experimenting with the Forge Knights. In the end

The Crucible knights became power hungry with their Forge Knights and they kept permanent martial law

But if Animancy was not supported at the hearing or if I told Clyver to drop it I wonder if that outcome would change.

I have also had three different results for Eder's ending. And the 3rd one actually explains something about how he related to his crises of faith after everything he saw:

1. He becomes the Mayor of Dyrford Village,

2. He leaves the continent to join his parents,

and I was quite surprised when I got 3. vnfj90.jpg

I am curious in relation to the Raedric Quests and the ending slides, Gilded Vale never seems to do too well

Either Raedric Murders everyone, either as a resurrected Death Knight, or just as himself over time, or the town becomes abandoned and without any ruler to provide rule of law. If you kill Raedric, but you never speak to the frightened villager to start the Champion of Berath Quest, do you still get the slide of him raising from the dead?

6ej155.jpg

I supported Animancy at the hearings and encouraged Clyver to keep experimenting with the Forge Knights. In the end

The Crucible knights became power hungry with their Forge Knights and they kept permanent martial law

But if Animancy was not supported at the hearing or if I told Clyver to drop it I wonder if that outcome would change.

Yes, it does change. I supported the Knights but told them the Forge Knights were a bad idea and took the "middle path" at the hearings. In my ending, the Knights returned more to their roots as smiths and remained protectors of Defiance Bay. I considered it a "good" ending.

I wish I was better at expressing myself because I think Eder the best written companion in the game.  A simple man not an intellect like Kana.  He is a solid man not having inner conflicts like Aloth, not filled with anger like Durance.    He has a sense of humour and can enjoy the common, simple things, soft fur of the fox, curly tail of a  pig.  He is the man I want at my side whether it be a tough fight or just a stroll in the park.  He recognizes his own flaws, has become rather skeptical of the motives of others partly I think because he does recognize his own flaws.

In one dialogue exchange you ask why he still worships Eothas and his answer basically is "because I believe in what he taught".  It is the belief that is important, the rightness of those beliefs, the hope they can give the individual.  He has the strength of his own convictions without needing to force them on other people.  I think he is the opposite of Theos.  He believes that people have the ability to be better, yes they need guidance but not force.  Our strength, our redemption lies within us not with some exterior diety that demands our unquestioning worship.

I have had the joy of knowing people like him in real life.

Edited by Nakia
  • Like 5

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

I wish I was better at expressing myself because I think Eder the best written companion in the game.  A simple man not an intellect like Kana.  He is a solid man not having inner conflicts like Aloth, not filled with anger like Durance.    He has a sense of humour and can enjoy the common, simple things, soft fur of the fox, curly tail of a  pig.  He is the man I want at my side whether it be a tough fight or just a stroll in the park.  He recognizes his own flaws, has become rather skeptical of the motives of others partly I think because he does recognize his own flaws.

I think what really stands out to me with how Edér is written is that he's really not that extraordinary. RPG companions generally tend to come from some notable background, or at least training; secret royalty, master assassins, mentored by the previous generations heroes, seasoned mercenaries ect ect. Edér is just a farmer who soldiered for a bit in one war and then just went back to being a farmer. He really has no reason to stand out, and in some weird way that's what makes him stand out. That and I'm convinced he's pretty much the nicest person in Eora :p That bit with the looters towards the end of his quest, where the flavor text said he looked like he was about to get angry, but then he just stopped himself and tossed a sarcastic comment, that spoke volumes about his character, imo.

I know the ending slide i got isn't technically all that bad, but I want the one where he joins the Night Market (that name kind of makes me lol)

Edited by Sylph_14
  • Like 3

Thanks,  Sylph_14, you said what I wanted to say.  Eder is the man or woman next door who is a good neighbor, the stranger willing to take a moment to help someone, the person you want around when you get news that a person dear to you has died.  The ordinary person who lights the way and makes life worth living. :)

PS: Whoever wrote Eder's part is brilliant because they understood that being ordinary is a very extraordinary thing.

Edited by Nakia
  • Like 1

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

I'm really curious what determines Edér's ending slide, since I initially got #1, which seemed a happy enough ending, but somehow I like #3 more.

Yeah, I was curious myself about how I got that slide. 

I was doing a custom party run so I just picked him up for his quest. So I went and picked him up after I got to Defiance Bay (no talking about Maerwald) and went to get his record, went to Ciliban Rilag, and straight to Brackenbury to have the item read. I picked the passionate response and dropped him. That was my only interaction with him.

Edited by Omnicron

6ej155.jpg

It was a bit of an incongruous ending since

Raedric rose from the dead and killed everyone in the town

so I am not sure how he operated :p

wasn't that just Gilded Vale? - It says he didn't return there, but went around the Dyrwood (or in another ended, it was Dyrford Village)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

It was a bit of an incongruous ending since

Raedric rose from the dead and killed everyone in the town

so I am not sure how he operated :p

wasn't that just Gilded Vale? - It says he didn't return there, but went around the Dyrwood (or in another ended, it was Dyrford Village)

hahaha you beat me to it, just edited my post when I realized that I misread the first line :p

6ej155.jpg

I'm really curious what determines Edér's ending slide, since I initially got #1, which seemed a happy enough ending, but somehow I like #3 more.

I was doing a custom party run so I just picked him up for his quest. So I went and picked him up after I got to Defiance Bay (no talking about Maerwald) and went to get his record, went to Ciliban Rilag, and straight to Brackenbury to have the item read. I picked the passionate response and dropped him. That was my only interaction with him.

How did you handle Skaen cult?

My theory is that those two are related since 1st ending is talking about Eder expelling last remains of them.

Edited by player1

Spell Fixes compilation for Neverwinter Nights 2, as well as my other submissions for this great game.

My theory is that those two are related since 1st ending talking about Eder expelling last remains of them.

Killed them. Snapped the Girl's neck

6ej155.jpg

Interesting. I don't think I've ever seen labels on dialog options outside of the ones requiring some sort of skill/stat/reputation check. I should poke through the menu options again :p

My theory is that those two are related since 1st ending talking about Eder expelling last remains of them.

Killed them and saved the girl, told her to go make a life for herself in a city.

I think most of the companion endings are based on what you say to them throughout the game, or at least in the crucial conversations (the ones flagged with the little talk icon on the portrait).

Thanks,  Sylph_14, you said what I wanted to say.  Eder is the man or woman next door who is a good neighbor, the stranger willing to take a moment to help someone, the person you want around when you get news that a person dear to you has died.  The ordinary person who lights the way and makes life worth living. :)

PS: Whoever wrote Eder's part is brilliant because they understood that being ordinary is a very extraordinary thing.

agreed!