Hello all, I bought the Hero Edition when the game just came out, and at first it was really addicting(I spent like 8 hour straight each day for 3 days) for my first playthrough. My first playthrough was like a semi-speed run, as I just wanted to know the main storyline. So after finishing the game for the first time, I played it again a week later, and this time I made sure to complete all quests and recruit all companions. So, after finishing my second playthough, I'm at a loss on what to do now. Then I asked myself, is this game for me? Why don't I find Pillars of Eternity fun anymore after my 2 playthroughs? If it helps, I'm not much of an achievement hunter, nor someone who plays above Normal difficulty. Don't get me wrong, the game, its art and its background music is great and beautiful, but... I just stopped playing.

There are very few games which are fun to play multiple times. Even when a game goes out of its way to provide many options, most people I know in person will only use a small subset of them even on multiple playthroughs. If you've finished the game twice, you got a lot more use out of it than most people. Only 8% of Steam users who bought the game finished it at all.

I can play many hours if I like a game and it allows me to create different types of characters.  But I may only play the game through a few times.  PoE does have diversity in dialogue choices and how you do  some of the quests which helps.  There are also several factions some of whom are exclusive so there is a little variety there.

I will also set a game aside and play other game then return to it if there is an expansion or mods that add interest to the game.  There will be an expansion to PoE and I suggest setting the game aside for now.   When the expansion is released you can decide if it is worth your buying and playing.

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

There are very few games which are fun to play multiple times. Even when a game goes out of its way to provide many options, most people I know in person will only use a small subset of them even on multiple playthroughs. If you've finished the game twice, you got a lot more use out of it than most people. Only 8% of Steam users who bought the game finished it at all.

Don't fall for the achievement stats. If people follow Obsidian's advice to start the game as admin from the folder, there isn't anything logged in the steam client. You get no achievements, which I don't need anyway, and there's no game time record. So, the client is rather blind to what you're doing.

And running POE as admin is a must when using the steam version. Otherwise that useless client keeps interfering and causing the weirdest things, with graphical glitches being the most benign.

There may be bad statistics, but this one is a useless statistic.

Edited by abaris