While it has been done before....I'm sure there are some people (myself included) who would enjoy it if Obsidian snuck in a dismemberment easter egg/cheat a la Jedi Knight, it need only apply to lightsabers; because honestly...what's a lightsaber if it doesn't cut limbs and appendages off? For those who say that this would assuredly make it so that it would be rated 'M', this need not be the case. Raven, who also makes Soldier of Fortune, managed to sneak in a quite graphic dismemberment cheat into Jedi Knight II, you'd be able to slice and dice enemie's bodies, if you took off a hand, they'd clutch at it just like in the movies, etc. under the radar of the ESRB and keep the game at an official 'T' rating. It'll probably never happen, but hey, a graphic violence loving geek can dream eh? ;)

JT :D

OMG kotor 1 sucked in this session ... they didn't allow us to see bastila and revan kiss each other if u chose to play as male!!!

imagine this...

Or even some gore ...

There should be some gore lvl option... ALWAYS AT THE GORE LeVeL STAR WARS ALLOW OF COURSE :)

(i was bored to line it-instead i used caps ;))

No gore please.

then why are you playing a star wars game? dismemberment is a recurring theme:

episode 1: darth maul sliced in two by lightsabre

episode 2: anakin's hand cut off by lightsabre; jango fett beheaded by lightsabre

episode 3: (no spoilers thanks)

episode 4: longshot of the smoldering corpses of luke's aunt and uncle; arm cut off in mos eisley cantina

episode 5: luke's hand cut off by lightsabre

episode 6: vader's hand cut off (again) by lightsabre

see a pattern here?

dumber than a bag of hammers

then why are you playing a star wars game?

Are you in one of your "difficult" moods?

Why am I playing a star wars game? Because I want to?

While dismemberment is in the movies, it's hardly the focus.

No.

Yes!

er, I mean no.

But slicing and dicing is a Star Wars tradition.

Dismemberments are fine so long as you don't have blood spraying around like Kill Bill.

Make 'em an easter egg and you even get to choose.

Are you in one of your "difficult" moods?

when am i easy?

While dismemberment is in the movies, it's hardly the focus.

uh? dismemberment is integral to the story, and a recurring motif in the thematic framework.

both luke and anakin lose their hands. hell, anakin/vader loses his twice. you think that's what? incidental?

both luke and anakin lose their hands. hell, anakin/vader loses his twice. you think that's what? incidental?

Nope, it was meant to enhance the drama.

That's not the same as wanting it in each and every combat, to do that would cheapen both the affect and your argument.

That would cheapen it.

If you notice ALL the dismemberments in SW were used to enhance the drama. It wasn't a common occurance.

I agree with that, but there's no harm in allowing a person to choose. If the user wants to cheapen the dismemberments that's up to them.

Choice is never a bad thing.

Nope, it was meant to enhance the drama.

no. music 'enhances' the drama. lighting 'enhances' the drama. editing 'enhances' the drama.

luke and vader losing their hands? that is the drama.

That's not the same as wanting it in each and every combat

who said anything about that?

as i said before the gore as long as the SW universe allows it ... we didn't always see em chop em like meat but it wasn't only about drama ep4 rodian hand gets cut :S is that drama? :S no imo

i dont mean when u kill everyone u ll see chops of him :D LOL but at least we should see dismemberments more often

I get at what Darque is saying, that they were dramatic devices to heighten the sense of tension i.e. no hand = completely buggered if you want to use a lightsaber/other weapon. Perhaps if it were used at the end of combat against tougher, more storyline driven characters e.g. a sith master who appears now and again, perhaps a bounty hunter (Calo Nord would have made a good example in KotOR1). It could occur if the health level is depleted but doesnt die to allow for the sake of dismembering the hand/arm, or perhaps a switch to a CG movie clip. Would certainly make for a varied and interesting experience.

All rights reserved. :)

I also sugested dismembrament but got convinced that it could not work in a game like KotOR2.

If you can chop someone's hand off, then so can every other enemy do it to you.

The game mechanics in KotOR would not allow it, since you only DIED when every single party member had fallen in combat.

Imagine your character lost his hand in combat but your other NPCs would defeat that enemy. The game would continue and you would be left without a hand ;) !! (in case KotOR2 battle system continues to be the same as KotOR)

I also sugested dismembrament but got convinced that it could not work in a game like KotOR2.

If you can chop someone's hand off, then so can every other enemy do it to you.

The game mechanics in KotOR would not allow it, since you only DIED when every single party member had fallen in combat.

Imagine your character lost his hand in combat but your other NPCs would defeat that enemy. The game would continue and you would be left without a hand