Auto Attack Not Working

Dogma18

Question

As the subject title states, I have the "Disable Auto Attack" unchecked. Always have been. Only after 1.06 went live did I come across my party not auto attacking after killing an enemy. This is seriously annoying.

16 answers to this question

Very very annoying. Won't play the game till it's fixed.

It is very annoying I agree, but to stop playing the game till it gets fixed is a bit harsh. Still to each their own I guess. 

It is very annoying I agree, but to stop playing the game till it gets fixed is a bit harsh. Still to each their own I guess. 

am personally such a compulsive pauser (pauser?) that this bug is, for the most part, a non factor.  that being said, for people who prefer auto-pilot features, we could see how their party npcs being transformed into ornamental topiary during combat might be discouraging enough to halt play.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

am personally such a compulsive pauser (pauser?) that this bug is, for the most part, a non factor.  that being said, for people who prefer auto-pilot features, we could see how their party npcs being transformed into ornamental topiary during combat might be discouraging enough to halt play.

HA! Good Fun!

Well in most fights you have to place your team members and have them do what you want and need. Yeah until OE fixes the auto attack ( Once and forever. ) it requires more management. It is very annoying as I mentioned, but not to a degree to stop playing, but as I mentioned ... to each their own.

Well I was just about to post about this. Yeah, I find it really annoying too. Fortunately I still have the 1.0.5 installer saved, and will probably revert to it until this is fixed.

For me, I do micromanage to set up the fight, and to some extent during, moreso the harder it is. I am playing on PoTD now so I am micromanaging more than before. However, once the tide has been turned and the remaining enemies can be finished off with auto attacks, I find it unnecessary and inefficient to micromanage that.

It's kind of like how people who are really into driving and racing usually prefer manual, but nowadays if you just want the best gas mileage without the hassle you usually go automatic.

Well I was just about to post about this. Yeah, I find it really annoying too. Fortunately I still have the 1.0.5 installer saved, and will probably revert to it until this is fixed.

For me, I do micromanage to set up the fight, and to some extent during, moreso the harder it is. I am playing on PoTD now so I am micromanaging more than before. However, once the tide has been turned and the remaining enemies can be finished off with auto attacks, I find it unnecessary and inefficient to micromanage that.

It's kind of like how people who are really into driving and racing usually prefer manual, but nowadays if you just want the best gas mileage without the hassle you usually go automatic.

I've been playing this kind of old school RPG's since Black Isle days and can practise and apply the fighting system, which no doubt requires planning, micro-managing and balance. Developing new strategies from fight to fight has always been one of the most entertaining parts of these games. Getting judged as a today's player who may prefer power play or hack & slash only makes me laugh.

The problem's, like it's mentioned before,the bug gets very annoying especially when you are fighting against subpar enemies or when you are on the verge of a win, because in these situations you can easily micromanage one or two critical party members with others having their standart attacks, especially ranged. But having half your party waiting in a corner and starring to each others face till the are attacked and getting unnecessary hits time to time deserves to be fix , in my opinion. Yes, you can handle it with more micromanaging, but normally you don't need to and can save your energy for other actions in the game

P.s: English's not my mother language, sorry for it.

I agree with kutubaran. That said, I decided to press on with 1.0.6 and not downgrade. This did teach me something. Namely, I didn't know that your character's target would be marked by an x if you mouse over him or select him. Now I'm going to try to adjust and improve my strategy, setting the game to pause every time an enemy dies, and checking each character's target. This is probably how things should be done on tough battles anyway.

However, for convenience and enjoyability when things aren't that tough, I would still much prefer to have auto attack back.

I'm also experiencing this bug, I've noticed. Not the worst one I've encountered, but it's frustrating only for the fact that, after choosing say Aloth or Durance to cast a spell, they will just wait until I manually assign them to attack again, even though the other companions are getting beaten up. It can be worked around obviously - just have to be extra aware and keep assigning the team their actions. And it's still a lot of fun!