Are physical goods... good?

I'm just wondering here with many of the posts complaining about the quality of the physical goods, is this something we really should care about that much?

I mean sure it was promised during the KS, but I think it was naive of OS and naive of the backers to think that this kind of thing could be done on budget and on time in high quality. It would have cost a fortune and detracted from resources that could go into the game... and all for a bunch of quaint trinkets that wouldn't count for much anyway if the game hadn't been good.

The game's good enough, so what's a few pieces of cloth and cardboard boxes really matter other than clogging up your bookshelf?

Some of the items were of underwhelming quality, but I personally don't mind. When I pledged, I pledged toward the game's development, not toward receiving physical goods. Those are just extra gravy. What really matters to me is that an isometric party-based RPG with lots of quality writing was released in 2015 and I got to play it.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus