XCOM 2

NOK222

post-44772-0-82599300-1433443707_thumb.jpg

https://youtu.be/2E_-2wIJIzQ Trailer

Twenty years have passed since world leaders offered an unconditional surrender to alien forces and XCOM, the planet's last line of defense, was left decimated and scattered. Now the aliens rule earth, building shining cities that promise a brilliant future for humanity on the surface while concealing a sinister agenda below and eliminating all who dissent from their new order.

Only those who live at the edges of the world have a margin of freedom. Here, a force gathers once again to stand up for humanity. Always on the run, the remnant XCOM forces must find a way to rise from the ashes, expose the insidious truth behind the occupation and eliminate the alien threat once and for all.

post-44772-0-85014800-1433443677_thumb.png 

• Like 5

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

I'd like to know how we got to unconditional surrender after the first game's victory and if these are supposed to be the aliens the first aliens warned us about. Or something.

It's the aftermath of your first Ironman Impossible playthrough ever when it was your first contact with the game ever, meaning, most likely you were decimated in first 2 months and council pulled off the funding where you get this nice "you lost" video.

The world where XCOM wins is a new happy, very unrealistic alternate universe.

Also I prefer this solution than dealing with possible power level problems and DbZ syndrome (i mean by the endgame you get on equal footing in terms of air combat and your ground troops have access to power armors that are super tanky, can fly or can make you invisible, plus you get to improve on enemy plasma weaponry, you also get super advanced in genetics and you can create dudes that can punch sectopods in their face with big metal powerfists)

• Like 2

(i mean by the endgame you get on equal footing in terms of air combat and your ground troops have access to power armors that are super tanky, can fly or can make you invisible, plus you get to improve on enemy plasma weaponry, you also get super advanced in genetics and you can create dudes that can punch sectopods in their face with big metal powerfists)

And now we're gonna do it again. Better late than ever? 
Edited by NKKKK

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

(i mean by the endgame you get on equal footing in terms of air combat and your ground troops have access to power armors that are super tanky, can fly or can make you invisible, plus you get to improve on enemy plasma weaponry, you also get super advanced in genetics and you can create dudes that can punch sectopods in their face with big metal powerfists)

And now we're gonna do it again. Better late than ever? 

but at least the progression is "reasonable" and it may have some twists. maybe it will not be fully linear (we see in the demo soldiers using weapons with various add-ons taken from salvaged/captured weapons), maybe t will have some more branching and specializations, etc. wait and see approach, but it is definitely better than trying to go from super advanced to hyper advanced, where you would probably end up with something like implosion guns or whatever ridiculous idea there could be.

Implosion gun?!  *drool*

I hope they have some meaningful squad customisation this time.  They kept shouting about how they have PERMADEATH!!!, just like the original.   Yeah...no.  In the original you cared about losing men because of the stat increases that made each soldier unique and the time invested in them to create that uniqueness.  It lost any impact when the only difference between a recruit and a veteran was the colour you chose for their armour and 3 or 4 missions.

Alternate reality were you lost in your Ironman Insane playthrough early on. Where all the countries pull out and Thin Men keep criting on your troops from across the map. 

• Like 2

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

Really looking forward to XCOM 2! And the best thing? Only a few months...i hate it when companies announce a game a year or more before launch, this is refreshing.

• Like 1

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives one."

Implosion gun?!  *drool*

I hope they have some meaningful squad customisation this time.  They kept shouting about how they have PERMADEATH!!!, just like the original.   Yeah...no.  In the original you cared about losing men because of the stat increases that made each soldier unique and the time invested in them to create that uniqueness.  It lost any impact when the only difference between a recruit and a veteran was the colour you chose for their armour and 3 or 4 missions.

You should turn on the random skill trees that Enemy Within added, it makes each soldier reasonably individual.

I didn't buy Enemy Within, and unless they're totally reworking the game mechanics I don't think I'll buy this one either.  I wasn't a fan of the change to one action, one move and the concept of skill trees and classes.  For me, it overly limited my tactical and strategic choices and reduced the impact of losing a soldier.   I felt like I was playing a turn based cover shooter.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Not enough info out for me to be really excited so for now I am more excited for announced full mod support. Long War 2 will be even more awesome :)

got all the info we needed.  xcom 2 is an xcom game with much the same gameplay as enemy unknown and enemy within but with a variety o' enhancements, improvements and alterations.

'course, they had us at "xcom."

HA! Good Fun! 

• Like 3

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

• 6 months later...

I found beaglerush's Let's Plays to be the best ones I have seen so far. He actually shows some neat tactics instead of blindly stumbling around. And the videos are well edited.

Part1:

Part2:

Edited by melkathi

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).