Pallegina Child of the Five Suns failure to complete, bug

grinh

Question

Hello

I am nearing the end of the game, and am finishing most of the companion quests, however Pallegina's Child of the Five Suns quest seems to be bugged. I had the meeting at the Vailian embassy where the assassins fought against Agosti and his guards. I helped him fight them off, but he was killed, and also the remaining diplomats in the embassy were hostile to me.

I am worried I accidentally loosed an area of effect spell against them in the chaos. However, the diplomats and guards outside the embassy are friendly, and after the battle, Pallegina said it was unfortunate that he died, but she must go ahead with the trade agreements with Twin Elms. The quest in my journal shows that the next step is for me to help her broker the trade agreement with the anamfat, and the quest step about meeting Agosti is concluded and greyed out. The overall quest is still active.

When I talk to the leader of twin elms in the hall of the six, there is no option to discuss the trade agreement with her. I have completed pretty much all of the quests in twin elms, and have a Hero reputation with them. The only two dialogue options are to ask the anamfath about herself, and about the tribes. I recall when I first spoke to her, there may have been an option to ask about the trade agreement, but I chose another dialogue option instead. I never did anything to halt the trade negotation, I never had a conversation about it. The game seems to be lacking the dialogue choice to ask the leader about the issue.

I would like to complete this quest, and there is no reason that you would not be able to discuss the trade issue after the first conversation with the anamfath.

Thanks.

6 answers to this question

Hello

I am nearing the end of the game, and am finishing most of the companion quests, however Pallegina's Child of the Five Suns quest seems to be bugged. I had the meeting at the Vailian embassy where the assassins fought against Agosti and his guards. I helped him fight them off, but he was killed, and also the remaining diplomats in the embassy were hostile to me.

I am worried I accidentally loosed an area of effect spell against them in the chaos. However, the diplomats and guards outside the embassy are friendly, and after the battle, Pallegina said it was unfortunate that he died, but she must go ahead with the trade agreements with Twin Elms. The quest in my journal shows that the next step is for me to help her broker the trade agreement with the anamfat, and the quest step about meeting Agosti is concluded and greyed out. The overall quest is still active.

When I talk to the leader of twin elms in the hall of the six, there is no option to discuss the trade agreement with her. I have completed pretty much all of the quests in twin elms, and have a Hero reputation with them. The only two dialogue options are to ask the anamfath about herself, and about the tribes. I recall when I first spoke to her, there may have been an option to ask about the trade agreement, but I chose another dialogue option instead. I never did anything to halt the trade negotation, I never had a conversation about it. The game seems to be lacking the dialogue choice to ask the leader about the issue if you do not immediately choose the option. Other threads I have found said the dialogue option triggers when a party with Pallegina walks near the Anamfath, but it did not happen.

Thanks for any help.

I merged your topics, grinh.  When I approve threads like these, I always look to see if I can find an answer and when I do I sometimes find duplicates which always end up merged.  Keep in mind that folks might not have an answer.  I'm going to poke around to see if I can find something for you, but I can't always find something.  If it keeps irking you, you could contact support@obsidian.net   I suspect that you might be right and the best thing to do is go to a save before the assassin fight and be very careful about spell targeting and area effect abilities.  Having done that myself, I can certainly sympathize.  Like I said, I'll look around and see if someone more erudite than me has left a trail of breadcrumbs for the solution.

EDIT:  I can't seem to find your specific problem.  I found a couple of issues regarding dialogue with Agosti that caused bugs, but none where he died/the player killed him.  Let's hope someone with more information can give you a hand with this.  :Cant's sheepish grin icon:

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

All is well.  I'll make a point to keep an eye out also and I'll bump this thread with what I find... or don't.  :Cant's wry grin icon:

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Ok I did some some experimentation with old saves. I loaded a save after I got the trade quest from Vincent, but before returning for the leaden key ambush. I went to twin elms, triggered the conversation with the anamfath, and the quest showed as completed. Going back, the leaden key attacked, I killed them, vincent and the vailians were friendly, but told Pallegina their would be consequences for what she did, and wishing her 'god speed' pretty much. I don't want to play this earlier save to the end, as I just finished the game yesterday with my main playthrough (where the amanfath would not talk to pallegina about trade). Pallegina had no proper final dialogue or epilogue for me as I did not technically finish the quest, and I do not want to reload the old save, do the quest properly, and finish it again with the same character, so I guess I will just miss out on Pallegina's final dialogue and epilogue. So it seems if I load an old save and talk to the anamfath before the ambush, the quest can complete. Note, in the main playthrough, I went to Twin Elms, did not go into the hall of the six, and continued questing near Defiance Bay, and happened to go back into the Vailian embassy, where, as I said, the battle occured and Agosti died. Returning to Twin Elms, I could not talk to the anamfath about Pallegina, so I continued with other quests.

So it seems that either:

a) The game assumes Pallegina has made the trade agreement upon arriving at Twin Elms, and the ambush at the embassy occurs next time you visit. Perhaps the game should only assume you have done it, after the dialogue with the Anemfath triggers. Is the leaden key attack at the embassy supposed to occur only AFTER you make a trade deal?

b) I accidentally hit a Vailian soldier, borking the progression. Although, I will note, after Agosti died, there was a dialogue comment by Pallegina stating that although he was dead,  she needed to proceed with the trade agreement.

c) You need to do the twin elms quest before advancing too far in the main storyline, causing the leaden key ambush to occur.

Either way, my progression in the quest was messed up by going back to the embassy and experiencing the ambush, rendering it impossible for me to talk to the anamfath. Whatever the cause was, it happened during that ambush.

• Like 1

I will mention that I had the same problem (on the PS4 edition)

as soon as i reached Twin Elms I hurried back to Defiance Bay to resolve some quests, visited the embassy and everyone in there ended up dead.

When I finally tried the Anamfath (after a detour for White March 2) I could not find a way to advance Pellegina's quest despite it still being active.

Not wanting to go back to an earlier save, I continued on to the end and did not get an end-slide for Pellegina (despite her being in my team at the end).