I've been running this paladin build, and with the 1.06 patch changes, it's much more effective, so I thought I would post it here.

I used Pallegina customized with IE Mod to change her attributes. I don't feel like race makes a huge difference in this game, but Hearth Orlan is the obvious best choice for maximum DPS. Moon Godlike if you want a bit of protection in case she gets hit. Since I used Pallegina, I couldn't choose my order, but Kind Wayfarers would be a good way to go for some healing.

She's not flashy, but she provides consistent DPS from a safe spot just through auto attacking while providing support through auras.

With the aura size changes, Zealous Focus is big enough to provide your entire party bonuses in most situations, though that depends on how you position your ranged attackers. This build is good to combo with any other class looking to stack crits, like Rogue or Ranger.

Difficulty: PotD

Role: Support / Melee DPS

Attributes

MIG: 18

CON: 8

DEX: 18

PER: 8

INT: 18

RES: 8

Abilities

Faith and Conviction

Flames of Devotion

Zealous Focus

Sworn Enemy

Reinforcing Exhortation

Zealous Endurance

Coordinated Attacks

Talents

Critical Focus

Weapon Focus: Soldier

Two-Handed Style

Vulnerable Attack

Bloody Slaughter

Scion of Flame (or Order Talent)

Gear

I used the Tall Grass Pike (Increased Reach; +10% Hits converted to Crits; Crits can inflict Prone) to take advantage of Increased Reach and the crits resulting from accuracy stacking. Basically just sit back behind your tanks and poke stuff, looking for crits, knocking enemies Prone, picking off low endurance enemies (Bloody Slaughter and Strange Mercy are great for this) and providing support through your auras and exhortations.

For a secondary weapon set, I use Azureith's Stiletto (DR Reduction; Spell Strike: Jolting Touch) and Sura's Supper Plate (Small shield, Retaliate) for clearing large weak mobs. Turn on Vulnerable Attack and/or use Sworn Enemy for punching through high DR.

I usually had her in a piece of light armor because I had no problem keeping her out of trouble. Go plate if you expect to be taking more hits.

The other piece of gear that's been helpful are the Boots of Zealous Command (x1.2 aura size).

Note: I'm writing this up from memory, so I apologize if I have the wrong number of talents/abilities. Think I got it right, though.

• Like 1

I used Pallegina customized with IE Mod to change her attributes. I don't feel like race makes a huge difference in this game, but Hearth Orlan is the obvious best choice for maximum DPS. Moon Godlike if you want a bit of protection in case she gets hit. Since I used Pallegina, I couldn't choose my order, but Kind Wayfarers would be a good way to go for some healing.

AssignPaladinOrder charname orderName isn't working out for you?

Oh, and how are you re-assigning race and background to the story chars?  I looked through the list of commands twice, I must be blind.

Nice build and its very similar to my next Paladin.  Currently running a pure tank and its extremely durable like he will grab a big bad boss and literally nullify him in the fight as the boss can rarely gets hits on him mostly grazes and misses while Eder tanks adds and the rest of my party wipes up the adds.  But ya I used Dex as my dump state and hes offensively crap so I am thinking of not dumping stats next time...lowest 10 just so I am not so power gamey.

Shieldbearer

Race: Moon Godlike (I know even more power gamey but its my first play through!)

Background: Aedyr +1 Res

Base States no gear:

Might 17 (Found it good for the Silver Tide and Fort saves doesn't really help with dps as I am using a the Hearth Hatchet most of the time and I have super low Dex)

Con10

Dex 4

Per 17

Int 10

Res 18

Abilities at level 10

Faith and Conviction (automatic at lvl 1)

Lay on Hands

Zealous Endurance

Liberating Exhortation

Reviving Exhortation

Righteous Soul (awesome against fear auras)

level 12 ability? Hastening? Renforcing exhortation? Deprive the Unworthy?

Talents

Weapon and Shield Style

Hold the Line (questionable pick but not terrible)

Cautious Attack

Deep Faith

Bears Fortitude (I wanted more Fort saves as it was my lowest)

Last talent likely just take Shielding Touch for RP purposes I don't think I need more deflection...Maybe Greater LoH or more Will saves with Bulls Will?

Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.