[1.06] List of bugs that I reported and that are still present in 1.06

Insolentius

20 answers to this question

Sound bug you mentioned here is horrible.  I'm not even getting sound for scripted interactions anymore. The pause in ambient sound while looting corpses is very jarring. Major bug as far as I'm concerned, hope they get a fix out soon as I won't be playing until they do.

Definitely a bug since 1.04 patch notes said it was fixed (but apparently not)

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Yep, no response from the devs so I assume all of these are still in the game:

1.  Charmed enemies keep party buffs after charm expires and related bugs.

Threads:

onetwothreefour

2. Sound cutting from companion dialogue.

Threads:

onetwothreefourfivesix.

3. Defenses and afflictions don't stack properly bug.

Threads:

onetwo.

4. Status Effect Bug (Especially Blinded):

Threads:

one; twothreefourfivesixseveneight.

5. "Noonfrost" bug. (various issues, perhaps interrelated). Thanks to  El Zoido for pointing out the correlation to the "Noonfrost" bug. 

Threads:

onetwothreefourfive.

6. Duel wield and unarmed bugs (various issues, perhaps interrelated).

Threads:

onetwothreefourfive.

7. Retaliation procing on friendly spells/abilities bug.

Threads:

onetwothreefour.

8. Spellbind items bug.

Threads:

onetwothree.

9. Paladin auras continue to sometimes not display properly or not apply to allies.

Threads:

onetwothreefourfivesixseven.

10. Stronghold-hirelings-currently-unpaid-and-treasury-bugs.

Threads:

onetwotheefourfivesixseveneight.

11.Against the Grain Quest Bug

Threads:

onetwothree.

12. Enemy AoE buffs affecting party members and Animals heal party via carnage 

Threads:

onetwo.

13. Character Endurance Bug:

Threads:

onetwo

After 6 patches we still have these bugs, and many many more, and they say this was acceptable as a released product.

More than that, most of the community agree with them....

*Shrugs*

Go figure.

I am obnoxiouse.

And I feel entitled to that stance until they fix the part of the game that takes up at least 80% of the time.

Combat.

See here:

http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=9867

and here:

http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=9913

"All of this stuff -- class, abilities, weapons -- is important because I'd say 80% of the game is fighting"

The second one is the "nice" review. His statement above is the reason I will not play. 80% of the game is fighting. Most of the bugs affect combat so it does not work as intended. Classes are bugged, abilities are bugged and weapons are bugged.

= 80% of the game is broken. For me at least, perhaps more if you include the quest bugs.

When the messenger loses credibility, the message is ignored.

And mistakes are repeated out of ignorance.

But, who cares anyway right? Most people are happy to play and forgive buggy games so my message was always going to fall on deaf fanboy ears.

Whatever credibility I may or may no have, it does not hide the fact the game is still full of bugs.

Check out RPG codex for honest opinions on this "shiny game" of yours.

Edited by Baladas

This is a strawman argument. Most people here care that bugs get fixed. A decent amount of us were actually waiting until 1.05 to start, and some are still postponing their playthrough.

Just to be clear, I'm not having issues with you but with the corner in which you put yourself. Your report thread was useful in the beginning, then you started spamming it everywhere, not updating it until absolute confirmation of bug removal from a developer, and you questioned them repeatedly getting ruder and ruder. As a result we can't trust your list because:

• Some of those bugs are fixed
  • Most if not all of them are in Obsidian's bugs database and having them still in your list does not help reminding developers that they should fix them - For reminders, other people talking about them and reporting them separately are better indicators to lay down priorities.
  • New, valid, unknown-by-Obsidian bugs are drowned in the rest

So we can't trust your list anymore, it is being spammed all over the place, the person doing it has become borderline aggressive, and he admitted just today that he didn't play (but edited this out).

I only care to say this because you are shooting yourself in the foot and your foot happens to be on the same line as mine. What happens if developers feel stressed about coming to talk directly with the community ? We get PR people instead and their notorious lack of transparency. (They exist for reasons and your behaviour is a good embodiment of one of them.)

Hopefully you can come back to your senses. Your initiative was useful in the beginning and I thank you for that.

Edited by Adragan
  • Like 2

Still having my main quest "Never Far from the Queen" bugged (investigate the Lead Key) so I cannot progress to the next act, even with the workaround. Apparently Obsidian is putting more effort in documentaries and card games than in fixing bugs. Very disappointing.

• Like 1

Apparently Obsidian is putting more effort in documentaries and card games than in fixing bugs. Very disappointing.

This jab is ill-placed. Obsidian are not working on the card game; Zero Radius Games are. The documentary was mostly done during development and it was delivered weeks ago—and that's not even considering the fact that the people working on the documentary likely aren't the same as those fixing bugs.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus