Please fix the item attack speed enchant bug.

Jace11

Question

I've been using these weapons preferentially only to discover the +20% attack speed buff is not being applied. I even did a quick test with 2 characters that have same Dex, removed their armor and equipped one with a weapon that has a speed buff and the other with a weapon of same type but no buff. To my abject horror they attacked at exactly the same speed...

18 answers to this question

I've been using these weapons preferentially only to discover the +20% attack speed buff is not being applied. I even did a quick test with 2 characters that have same Dex, removed their armor and equipped one with a weapon that has a speed buff and the other with a weapon of same type but no buff. To my abject horror they attacked at exactly the same speed...

This might be the tenth or fifteenth bug report on this matter, dating back to early April. If this were easily fixable, they'd have done it by now.

• Like 1

Can we get some confirmation that this is being looked into?

It is really saddening to find out that your speed enchant weapon doesnt actually do anything extra. I cannot figure out why you cant get this to work when the 20% increase from two weapon specialization works fine.

From a balance standpoint I think 20% might be too much. Maybe it would be easier to code to allow these weapons to grant a 10% passive alacrity spell (always active)? I dont actually know, im not a programmer but im just suggesting it because the alacrity spell seems to be working as intended.

Or just remove the speed enchant and give these weapons some other useful ability please.

I am really bothered by this and am waiting for this and individual stealth to be added before I start playing again.

But I do love the game and will most likely support you guys by buying the expansion.

This might be the tenth or fifteenth bug report on this matter, dating back to early April. If this were easily fixable, they'd have done it by now.

Easily fixable things have been ignored for just as long. I think it's just a matter of priority. For whatever reason, this just seems to be extremely low on the list of priorities.

And based on what other things we've seen fixed and other things that have been similarly ignored, I wonder just how they prioritize.

t50aJUd.jpg

Can you please raise priority of this bug?

There are just so many requests to fix this issue.

Also, if you plan to add any unique weapons in White March, it would be nice to have speed enchantment work, otherwise what would be the point to add speed mod to any of the expansion weapons exempt maybe to "troll" unfortunate item designer who is unaware of the bug.  :biggrin:

Edited by player1

Spell Fixes compilation for Neverwinter Nights 2, as well as my other submissions for this great game.

I agree; this bug has been outstanding for a long time and the fix should really be included in patch 2.0.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Builds can practically revolve around making the call as to use a +Atk.Speed weapon or not, or if to use one to offset the penalty to attack speed imposed by certain Abilities, so it's actually a fairly major bug, especially since +Atk.Speed seems to be valued fairly high as a modifier.

• Like 1

t50aJUd.jpg

Builds can practically revolve around making the call as to use a +Atk.Speed weapon or not, or if to use one to offset the penalty to attack speed imposed by certain Abilities, so it's actually a fairly major bug, especially since +Atk.Speed seems to be valued fairly high as a modifier.

20% is huge. So huge that you would never consider using any of the weapons that dont have speed enchantment (if it was working). The exception maybe being sabers. Sabers are so strong that they can live without the 20% increase and still be viable.

This is fixed for patch 2.0.

I love you.

(Brotherly, that is.)

Where's the "bro-fist" button on this forum?

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I would expect the added attack speed to apply individually to the weapons, although I have no idea how that'd play out with the animations, so I could be wrong. Usually, all bonuses weapons have stack individually, only on that weapon, afaik.

t50aJUd.jpg