Hey, everyone. 1.06 is now live on Steam. The build is being sent over to GOG and Origin shortly so they should have the update ready in a couple of days.

If you would like to read through the update notes check them out here.

• Like 5

Hey, everyone. 1.06 is now live on Steam. The build is being sent over to GOG and Origin shortly so they should have the update ready in a couple of days.

My game just updated to 1.0.6.0591 on Steam, and now all the buttons on the opening page say *Missing gui* on them. This happening to anyone else?

Edited by wyckydsceptre

My game just updated to 1.0.6.0591 on Steam, and now all the buttons on the opening page say *Missing gui* on them. This happening to anyone else?

Hi Wyckydsceptre,

I am sorry to hear your having this issue. Can you tell us what operating system your on and if you have install any mods? If you haven't done so, please try verifying the integrity of the game cache (right click on the game > properties > Local files tab > verify integrity of game cache). Hopefully this fixes the issue. 

Got a bug :cat:?? Help us squish it!

• In your report Include your *save file* (C:\Users\YourNameHere\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity) and ...
  • PC: *output_log.txt* (In your PillarsOfEternity_Data folder)
  • Mac/Linux: *Player.log* (In your Unity folder)

• Thank you for your help!

Recheck your files, or see if you have a mod or something.

Guess I just had a bad download, using the "Verify Integrity of Game Cache" function on Steam fixed it.

Thanks!

Np, glad to help.

• Like 1

Got a bug :cat:?? Help us squish it!

• In your report Include your *save file* (C:\Users\YourNameHere\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity) and ...
  • PC: *output_log.txt* (In your PillarsOfEternity_Data folder)
  • Mac/Linux: *Player.log* (In your Unity folder)

• Thank you for your help!

Where can I get 1.06? I could not find it on Steam, recent updates--I bought it through GOG. Is there a quick link here?

On GOG - go to 'My Account', select Pillars of Eternity on your gameshelf/list - one of the available downloads should be 'Patch 1.06' (1.05->1.06 patch.)

What are you seeing under available downloads for Pillars?

Try https://www.gog.com/account/refresh and then see if it's available.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

With this being unfixed game is hardly playable:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/72596-hirelings-currently-unpaid/

I do not understand how "Currently unpaid" actually affects the game in any way except to be a bit confusing at first.  

It destroys the immersion. I worked very hard my whole life to be able to pay my bills, and now the game forces me to act like a moocher.

With this being unfixed game is hardly playable:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/72596-hirelings-currently-unpaid/

I do not understand how "Currently unpaid" actually affects the game in any way except to be a bit confusing at first.  

They turn hostile, aren't they? Furthermore, I've experienced another bug with hirelings. When stronghold was under attack and I chose manual fight my Ogre hireling from quest was.. duplicated (!!!) and he (they) was doing nothing. Sadly, I don't have this save game anymore. I didn't check 1.06, yet.

Good ol' Interplay: "By gamers for gamers". Todays: "By businessman for money!"