Fallout 4 is coming!

mkreku

I mean that dude even admitted he was out to reduce the number of sales...no agenda here. A true honest broker.

You need to reread what I wrote, that last part is a bonus and not my motivation. In the same way that someone that enjoys Bethesdas games would see it as icing on the cake with increased sales.

I do remember death threats, but they were in the same way that anyone that is really annoyed with someone gives death threats. The only threat of NMA to Bethesda is revealing their bull****.

see, another luker from there and probably RPG codex

and you can smell the Hypocrisy from those years

see, another luker from there and probably RPG codex

and you can smell the Hypocrisy from those years

You seem really butthurt over something from those places, either you were banned and/or you were demolished well and proper.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

He is Todd Howard.

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

He is Todd Howard.

Or maybe he's Emil Pagliarulo? That guy definetly got some flak.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Lol, looks like Todd was played a lot of New Vegas, and he went mad, can you handle him now? I mean the ingame f4 - craft, it is like New Vegas craft but with big improvements. F3 don't have crafting system, like the new vegas has - gather knifes, spoons, etc - recycling them into "spare parts" - craft spare parts into lead, craft bullet cases from lead, from bullet cases and powder - craft ultra bullets. And this only one example of NV craft. So in F4 it seems as they just skips few steps in the process - and make crafting BIG. Also armor now have 4 parts (tes have this, f3 don't), what is nice. 2-3 years of that "innovations" and they probably will remeber how to make quests which is not sucks hard like in f3-tes4,5, lol. But overall, only good park in presentation is crafting. Dialogs seems being broken to the level on ME.

Edited by stiven

Sorry for my bag English.  :dancing:

Actually Fallout 3 has a crafting system. It is very basic though, and done via some ugly message boxes.

PS: As far as my understanding for the Fo3 / FNV engine goes, it would be pretty possible to split up all clothes into multiple parts and having players equip them one by one.

The available bones are:

Head
hair
upperBody
LeftHand
RightHand
Weapon
PipBoy
Backpack
Necklace
Headband
Hat
EyeGlasses
noseRing
Earrings
Mask
Choker
MouthObject
BodyAddOn1
BodyAddOn2
BodyAddOn3

Not sure about the last three, but I wouldn't be surprised if you can refit them into "pants" or something like that. Then - and with a lot work for new models of everything - it probably would be possible to play dressup in these games too.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I think it looks absolutely fantastic. I was worrying about where they would take the franchise. I mean, personally I didn't see any obvious paths forward from the last two games. More of the same? Sure, I would buy it, but people would be disappointed. Better graphics? Again, sure, it's nice to have, but if that would have been all everyone would have been disappointed.

Very interesting to see how this plays. Trailers can only show you so much. And it's out in November! That's amazing to me! No more 2-4 year waits for newly announced games. It's out in a few months!

Great job, Bethesda!

Ps. If you've already said, in this very thread, how much Bethesda/Fallout 4 sucks, feel free to not comment again. If you think it sucks, you've already said everything we need to hear from you. Saying it over and over with slightly different wording is just trolling.

So new meta on "political correcntess" only positives can be speak out loud? :)

I took it more as a general admonition against repetitive posting. Folks who haven't already expressed their dislike or who have something genuinely new to contribute, even if it is of a negative nature, would seem to be exempt.

Edited by teknoman2

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Skills are shown (briefly) in the customization video. At 00:28 You can see it says "rank 1 required" and a pipboy skill symbol.

Actually, skills aren't. Perks are. It is likely that skills and perks have been turned into one thing, and you may pick the "Science!" perk several times to improve your crafting and other things.

See the Pip-Boy below. No Skills tab, but Perks tab is there. Game is 5 months away from being release, 4 months away from going gold.

nD5eHXT.jpg

Skills could potentially be in the SPECIAL tab.

EDIT: Didn't see the video. Nevermind.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Skills could potentially be in the SPECIAL tab.

They could, but there's no evidence for it though, but there are alot of circumstantial evidence that there won't be any skills.

I'm not really entirely convinced that skills have been cut, the video is basically grasping onto a short E3 clip.  I'll wait for an interview first.  That being said, I'm upset if is true, although if they are simply combing skills and perks into one thing, I can see it still working.  I won't be upset unless I find out that the check are out, where the game opens up more dialogue, paths, etc using your perks and SPECIAL abilities.

I'm not really entirely convinced that skills have been cut, the video is basically grasping onto a short E3 clip.  I'll wait for an interview first.  That being said, I'm upset if is true, although if they are simply combing skills and perks into one thing, I can see it still working.  I won't be upset unless I find out that the check are out, where the game opens up more dialogue, paths, etc using your perks and SPECIAL abilities.

Biggest indicator is Intelligence. Intelligence has the entire purpose of increasing skills-per-level-up. If you review the footage, Intelligence now has the job of increasing experience gain.

I could buy that they just skipped listing skill-ups based on SPECIAL in their descriptions or that the skills tab in the pip boy was just moved somewhere else. But Intelligence not mentioning skill points...?

They're gone.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Before I read 16 pages of comments I'll just say after watching the brief E3 gameplay trailer, if the dog is the first companion you meet and stays with you for the rest of the game, I will buy Fallout 4. 

One of my  favorite things to do is take my dog on hikes, so if I can do that and kill mutants and raiders and stuff, I'm good to go.

Also I think Bethesda improved their quest making skills. I thought quests in Skyrim were much better compared to F3, so I hope quests in F4 will be even better. 

Edited by Azure79

Skills are still there (I saw bobblehead stand same as Fallout 3), they just traded skill points for skill ranks unlocked with certain amount of xp?

Rank 2 Science! = 50 Science! in old system

• Like 1

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

At one hand it is suck hard, Bethesda went full hurr durr. At other hand, well it really depends on how it will be implemented in the game. 

If they have replaced skills, I doubt they'll succeed. They don't have the best track record with trying to innovate rpg mechanics. It probably be fun enough, easy to get into etc - but not very well implemented or thought out and with very loopsided balancing.

Fortune favors the bald.

Skills are still there (I saw bobblehead stand same as Fallout 3), they just traded skill points for skill ranks unlocked with certain amount of xp?

As someone else said, I think skills have become perks, which can be super sloppy and result in a lot of content and detail just ceasing to exist.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

there are no skills... there are perk charts.... so we will have something similar to Skyrim trees, but you will allocate points on level ups instead of leveling up by doing the activity... (UNLESS they decided to move into learning by doing in this game too and you will have separate XP ranks for each tree in the perk chart)

There must be skills if a science rank is required for crafting an object.  But it does seem like spending actual skill points isn't a thing any more...not too happy about that but I'll wait to hear more about the perk tree before I start worrying too much.

The biggest question for me is how the new system will affect skill checks  :unsure:

• Like 1