Fallout 4 is coming!

mkreku

Skills are shown (briefly) in the customization video. At 00:28 You can see it says "rank 1 required" and a pipboy skill symbol.

Actually, skills aren't. Perks are. It is likely that skills and perks have been turned into one thing, and you may pick the "Science!" perk several times to improve your crafting and other things.

See the Pip-Boy below. No Skills tab, but Perks tab is there. Game is 5 months away from being release, 4 months away from going gold.

nD5eHXT.jpg

• Like 4

Eh, yeah that's pretty bad. If it were anyone else but Bethesda I might give 'em the benefit of the doubt. On the other hand of course, their handling of skills and levels were so shoddy that it might just be an improvement.. From ****ty to bad.... probably not though.

Let's hope modder overhauls fixes that then.

Fortune favors the bald.

I think it looks absolutely fantastic. I was worrying about where they would take the franchise. I mean, personally I didn't see any obvious paths forward from the last two games. More of the same? Sure, I would buy it, but people would be disappointed. Better graphics? Again, sure, it's nice to have, but if that would have been all everyone would have been disappointed.

Very interesting to see how this plays. Trailers can only show you so much. And it's out in November! That's amazing to me! No more 2-4 year waits for newly announced games. It's out in a few months!

Great job, Bethesda!

Ps. If you've already said, in this very thread, how much Bethesda/Fallout 4 sucks, feel free to not comment again. If you think it sucks, you've already said everything we need to hear from you. Saying it over and over with slightly different wording is just trolling.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Eh, yeah that's pretty bad. If it were anyone else but Bethesda I might give 'em the benefit of the doubt. On the other hand of course, their handling of skills and levels were so shoddy that it might just be an improvement.. From ****ty to bad.... probably not though.

Let's hope modder overhauls fixes that then.

Looking back at F3 they didn't seem to grasp the differences between a skill and a perk. So I guess this kind of streamlining was to be expected.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Ps. If you've already said, in this very thread, how much Bethesda/Fallout 4 sucks, feel free to not comment again. If you think it sucks, you've already said everything we need to hear from you. Saying it over and over with slightly different wording is just trolling.

No I wont, and no it is'nt trolling. Your uncritical hype contributes just as much to this as the opposite.

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I think it looks absolutely fantastic. I was worrying about where they would take the franchise. I mean, personally I didn't see any obvious paths forward from the last two games. More of the same? Sure, I would buy it, but people would be disappointed. Better graphics? Again, sure, it's nice to have, but if that would have been all everyone would have been disappointed.

Very interesting to see how this plays. Trailers can only show you so much. And it's out in November! That's amazing to me! No more 2-4 year waits for newly announced games. It's out in a few months!

Great job, Bethesda!

So new meta on "political correcntess" only positives can be speak out loud? :)

• Like 2

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

No I wont, and no it is'nt trolling. Your uncritical hype contributes just as much to this as the opposite.

The game isn't even out yet.  If you hated Fallout 3, why would you even waste time talking about the next one?  Being excited about an upcoming title and talking about it in a thread designated for the game is hardly the same as that.  

The game isn't even out yet.  If you hated Fallout 3, why would you even waste time talking about the next one?  Being excited about an upcoming title and talking about it in a thread designated for the game is hardly the same as that.

Maybe they still hold out hope they'll stop screwing the series. Or perhaps it's just fun to pick at games, hardly hurting anyone - well, maybe people overly invested in a company selling them stuff. Being positive about this thing is as productive as is being negative about it, one wears the tshirt of a sucker, the other a cynic. :p

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Because I'm human and wanted to hold out some semblance of hope that they were'nt going to go this direction, but go more for the New Vegas way. Also, because I enjoy debating and analyzing things.

And even the remote possibility of one less sale is a good thing.

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Must have missed that portion.

There is footage of the character using the Pip-boy to equip various layers of armor and browsing through his weapon list.

Pity, ah well least said, soonest mended.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Does Lexx have dark secrets we didnt know about? *gasp*

Ok, I confess.

I am Batman.

Like we all don't know what "Lexx" truly is. The most powerful weapon of destruction in two universes! :yes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olr48JgHzWo

Pot, kettle, black, as the so inclined would exclaim.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Maybe they still hold out hope they'll stop screwing the series. Or perhaps it's just fun to pick at games, hardly hurting anyone - well, maybe people overly invested in a company selling them stuff. Being positive about this thing is as productive as is being negative about it, one wears the tshirt of a sucker, the other a cynic. :p

Anyone who expects Fallout 4 to be different than Fallout 3 is wearing both shirts.  A realist would expect the game to be much the same, and have a pretty good idea of what sort of enjoyment they can get out of it.  

But yeah, I still don't see why someone who disliked Fallout 3 would spend much time discussing the sequel.  Seems like showing up to a friends party and hour early and whining about what crappy parties they put on.  It's a free country, but that doesn't make it less of a douche move.  Keep douching, I suppose.

screen-shot-2014-05-22-at-11-10-06-am.pn

How is it a douche move ? Are the Bethesda fans here such babies ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Anyone who expects Fallout 4 to be different than Fallout 3 is wearing both shirts.  A realist would expect the game to be much the same, and have a pretty good idea of what sort of enjoyment they can get out of it.  

But yeah, I still don't see why someone who disliked Fallout 3 would spend much time discussing the sequel.  Seems like showing up to a friends party and hour early and whining about what crappy parties they put on.  It's a free country, but that doesn't make it less of a douche move.  Keep douching, I suppose.

screen-shot-2014-05-22-at-11-10-06-am.pn

dude it NMA and RPG codex kneejerks, they sent death threats to bethesda years ago and now the police has their location

Fallout 2 was crap and they hated it, now they love it more than ever, Pillars was a good game, and they hated it because it wasn't Baldur's gate

It its just a bunch of false entitled nerds wearing rose tnted glasses at its finest, probably they watch TBBT and loves Zack Snyder movies

Edited by Shadow_Arms

I see it more like your childhood best friend who goes far away on university and once you meet him again after those years you realise he grew into bit of jerk. But somewhere deep inside hope he will change to better, so you still be going on his party just to check him up

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I see it more like your childhood best friend who goes far away on university and once you meet him again after those years you realise he grew into bit of jerk. But somewhere deep inside hope he will change to better, so you still be going on his party just to check him up

Why u edit out my adorable cat pic?

Also stop expecting your childhood friend to act like he did when he was a child.  Especially when he's not even really the same person, just another guy with the same name.

Edited by Hurlshot

dude it NMA and RPG codex kneejerks, they sent death threats to bethesda years ago and now the police has their location

Fallout 2 was crap and they hated it, now they love it more than ever, Pillars was a good game, and they hated it because it wasn't Baldur's gate

It its just a bunch of false entitled nerds wearing rose tnted glasses at its finest, probably they watch TBBT and loves Zack Snyder movies

They did ? Hm, will have to look for proof of that. But not sure why you are commenting about two other forums here. Or why you are so tender over people picking at Fallout - are you Todd Howard ? :p

Well I was there. There was indeed butthurt over Fallout 2 at the time. To the point I even delayed buying it even though I loved the first one.

There was a time I took the RPG purity brigades seriously and respected their opinions. But once you get burned over and over again by their misrepresentations and hyperbole you just start to tune them out. I mean if you don't like Bethesda and did not like Fallout 3 then how is your opinion valuable at all to somebody who does and did? Then it starts to become haranguing for partisan purposes rather than honest evaluations.

I mean that dude even admitted he was out to reduce the number of sales...no agenda here. A true honest broker.

Wasn't doubting that, but the death threats was something I was skeptical about (though is hard to attribute that to an entire forum). NMA did have that fun bit of drama when they sneaked into a FO3 press event, they have that for them.

I mean that dude even admitted he was out to reduce the number of sales...no agenda here. A true honest broker.

You need to reread what I wrote, that last part is a bonus and not my motivation. In the same way that someone that enjoys Bethesdas games would see it as icing on the cake with increased sales.

I do remember death threats, but they were in the same way that anyone that is really annoyed with someone gives death threats. The only threat of NMA to Bethesda is revealing their bull****.