Fallout 4 is coming!

mkreku

The trailer looks pretty awesome to me. Im sure Ill buy it, only to succumb to motion sickness ~3 hours in. I was able to play FO:NV in few-hour chunks without vertigo, so fingers crossed.

Off-topic note: If you want to lower motion sickness effect you could try disabling USWC (Uncached Speculative Write Combining) for your graphic card (if you are under Windows). An easy way to do this is running Wagnard's DisableUSWC utility.

Run it, add key, reboot, test.

If you don't like the results, run it again, remove key, and reboot.

• Like 2

Looks like I may have to buy that new computer for this.

That it is set in Boston makes it especially interesting.

Hopefully the gameplay doesn't get even more "streamlined" than it was in FO3.

Still, I'm very interested in seeing how this turns out.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Hi! 

Games have been off my radar for a couple years which sometimes happens. But when I saw FO4 had been announced, my interest suddenly went up again.

Especially since it turns that it is set as Boston in we all suspected it might be.

I live in Boston so I am curious how the game represents the area.

I also heard a good XCOM game was released at some point. Which seems astonishing, and somewhat unbelievable, but if true would be fab.

• Like 1
Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

The new Xcom is different than the original, but is definitely a pretty excellent game in its own regard.  The Enemy Within expansion also is pretty fantastic and adds a lot of cool mission types.

Xenonauts also came out, which is basically an old school game that plays a lot like the original Xcom.  I recommend it too.  Not as flashy as the new Xcom, but it has a lot of depth.

I also heard a good XCOM game was released at some point. Which seems astonishing, and somewhat unbelievable, but if true would be fab.

The new XCOM game is... let's say, decent, compared to the original(s). Just like everything else these days it has simplified  mechanics and the "core" campaign is a very linear experience, but after years of only having the UFO: Afterwhatever spiritual successors with real time combat it is certainly good enough.

You may also want to look into Wasteland 2. :)

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

The new XCOM game is... let's say, decent, compared to the original(s). Just like everything else these days it has simplified  mechanics and the "core" campaign is a very linear experience, but after years of only having the UFO: Afterwhatever spiritual successors with real time combat it is certainly good enough.

Ahh, streamlining. Yes, a potent force for evil to be sure.

I will check out Wateland 2.

edit: got my reply in the quote. 

Edited by Slowtrain

The trailer looks pretty awesome to me. Im sure Ill buy it, only to succumb to motion sickness ~3 hours in. I was able to play FO:NV in few-hour chunks without vertigo, so fingers crossed.

Off-topic note: If you want to lower motion sickness effect you could try disabling USWC (Uncached Speculative Write Combining) for your graphic card (if you are under Windows). An easy way to do this is running Wagnard's DisableUSWC utility.

Run it, add key, reboot, test.

If you don't like the results, run it again, remove key, and reboot.

Forgive my ignorance but what the freaking heck is Uncached Speculative Write Combining and how does disabling it help with motion sickness?  :blink:

Edited by WDeranged
  • Like 3

What was that about voice over? If you pick different name, your character has different voice actor? Dude from video sounded like a doofus.

I might be wrong but I think he said they pre-recorded a thousand commonly used names so in game characters (maybe just for the intro?) can call you by name...

meh, not really hyped about the game... the feature of building own bases with defenses is cool, but from what I got from the presentations is that the game is even more action oriented than the previous title.... i mean there is still that stupid fat man launcher, and now we will have power armors with jet packs....

I am fairly sure it ultimately will be as boring as Skyrim....

Edited by Darkpriest

There was a lot of fluff in that presentation but the only thing that has me worried is the dialogue  :getlost:

meh, not really hyped about the game... the feature of building own bases with defenses is cool, but from what I got from the presentations is that the game is even more action oriented than the previous title.... i mean there is still that stupid fat man launcher, and now we will have power armors with jet packs....

Aren't you looking forward to using your iPhone to control the Pipboy!?

I get a house, a dog, and 700 weapon modifications ... I wasn't thinking of playing this game, but I am now. 

and ultimately if the gameplay will be bland and it will suffer on the field of RPG, story telling and quest designs, it will all be pointless....

There was a lot of fluff in that presentation but the only thing that has me worried is the dialogue  :getlost:

Aren't you looking forward to using your iPhone to control the Pipboy!?

No.... I use Samsung :p

-They got Vats right

-****ING APA ingame(so it means that We will have enclave and BOS remnants allied

-3 Vertbird variants(classic transport, Cargo and offensive)

-A PROPER HOUSE BUILD

-They got PA right

-i accept jump packed power armors, since someone modded that before

Ok, how long until the Fallout 2 shiites here, on RPG ****hole and No jerks allowed starts sending death threats to bethesda once again, this time they know where you live and the fbi + swat is up there ready to arrest with proofs from the last attempt