Fallout 4 is coming!

mkreku

Soooo apperantly this girl worked on Fallout 4 and spilled the beans 11 months ago.. link

Seems pretty reliable after seeing the trailer.

Loved that she was completly laughed off for this - read the comments, it's great fun heh

•  
  • June 2015 - Fallout 4 reveal at E3, trailer only
  • July 2015 - First gameplay trailers
  • August 2015 - More information
  • October 2015 - PS4/Xbox One/PC release
  • November 2015 - First DLC
  • December 2015 - Second DLC, as well as PS3/360 version release
  • January 2016 - Third DLC
  • March 2016 - Forth DLC
  • April 2016 - Fifth and Final DLC
  • June 2016 - Fallout Spinoff revealed, in development by Behaviour Interactive.
  • October 2016 - Fallout Spinoff released for PS4/Xbox One/PC

Yeah, but some parts sound really strange. Like this "first releasing for PS4 and stuff and later in a 'advanced version' for PS3, etc." - makes really no sense to me. Also, if there really comes a spin-off and it is being developed by Behaviour Interactive.... As far as I can see, they have zero experience with deep RPGs of any kind and mainly released license games from movie titles. I find this very hard to believe.

They did Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor. But 2016 release would mean that they probably would had to had started development of that spinoff before that was released, or they have quite tight schedule, which would not be surprise when we speak about how much time Bethesda gives third party developers.

Soooo apperantly this girl worked on Fallout 4 and spilled the beans 11 months ago.. link

Loved that she was completly laughed off for this - read the comments, it's great fun heh

1. June 2015 - Fallout 4 reveal at E3, trailer only
  2. July 2015 - First gameplay trailers
  3. August 2015 - More information
  4. October 2015 - PS4/Xbox One/PC release
  5. November 2015 - First DLC
  6. December 2015 - Second DLC, as well as PS3/360 version release
  7. January 2016 - Third DLC
  8. March 2016 - Forth DLC
  9. April 2016 - Fifth and Final DLC
  10. June 2016 - Fallout Spinoff revealed, in development by Behaviour Interactive.
  11. October 2016 - Fallout Spinoff released for PS4/Xbox One/PC

I especially liked the comment on how poorly her post was written and that Bethesda would never hire poor writers. :biggrin:

Edited by majestic
  • Like 4

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-04-everyone-thinks-fallout-4-is-out-this-year

I want to believe!

What I can't believe though is that Fallout 3 was released in 2008. How ****ing old am I?? But at least they've had seven years to work on Fallout 4. It is entirely plausible that it can be released this year.

if they were to keep Todd Howard out of the development we may see something decent. but i wouldnt count on it

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

It baffles me to no end how the same studio that produces the TES series (which have mountains of lore and backstories) can't seem to write a compelling or (at times) even coherent main plot.

People fall over themselves for their games so why would they even bother.

• June 2015 - Fallout 4 reveal at E3, trailer only
  • July 2015 - First gameplay trailers
  • August 2015 - More information
  • October 2015 - PS4/Xbox One/PC release
  • November 2015 - First DLC
  • December 2015 - Second DLC, as well as PS3/360 version release
  • January 2016 - Third DLC
  • March 2016 - Forth DLC
  • April 2016 - Fifth and Final DLC
  • June 2016 - Fallout Spinoff revealed, in development by Behaviour Interactive.
  • October 2016 - Fallout Spinoff released for PS4/Xbox One/PC

I especially liked the comment on how poorly her post was written and that Bethesda would never hire poor writers. :biggrin:

"A world class developer would not write this garbage. very amateurish and stupid."

"Curved Swords"

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Of course NMA is a place of joy and happiness right now.

That "classic mode" sounds stupid too. I remember they said the same thing about Fallout 3 back in the hype-train-tyme. "You will be able to zoom out very far in third person view, almost making it like in the classic games" Todd or Pete said - much lel. Not only was third person perspective ugly (player character gliding over everything), it was also unpractical as hell and pretty much impossible to play with if you zoomed out to the maximum. So much to the "classic feeling".

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Have they announced a Hardcpre mode, like NV? Also, shame on them for sourcing the supposed spinoff to another company and not this one. 

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

That "classic mode" sounds stupid too. I remember they said the same thing about Fallout 3 back in the hype-train-tyme. "You will be able to zoom out very far in third person view, almost making it like in the classic games" Todd or Pete said - much lel. Not only was third person perspective ugly (player character gliding over everything), it was also unpractical as hell and pretty much impossible to play with if you zoomed out to the maximum. So much to the "classic feeling".

;(

Seems like that is what Bioware copied when they made DA:I's "tactical" mode. :facepalm:

This is my fear 

There was a mod a used for a short while that let me zoom way out but it kept crashing my game so I had to give it up. I just want another FO1/2 with updated visuals as I really don't like the first person hiking simulators in my Fallout

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Have they announced a Hardcpre mode, like NV? Also, shame on them for sourcing the supposed spinoff to another company and not this one. 

They'll probably leave it for the guy who made the Frostfall mod for Skyrim.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

It's kind of shocking that it has been 7 years since Fallout 3 came out.  I ended up grabbing it cheap off Steam since I don't even have the patience to install off discs anymore.  How times have changed.

Same for me. When I needed some files for modding... instead of walking 1 meter, opening the box and taking the discs to install it... I bought it cheap on steam and downloaded it.

Makes me feel bad and lazy.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Same for me. When I needed some files for modding... instead of walking 1 meter, opening the box and taking the discs to install it... I bought it cheap on steam and downloaded it.

Makes me feel bad and lazy.

Eh...more money than energy.   -_-

edit:  I just finished downloading, but now I'm too tired to play and will go to bed instead.  Life!

Edited by Hurlshot

Hello, new one here :)

I joined the forums for this thread, as it seems to be one of the few left gaming sites that has common sense and doesn't get you attacked by the bunch of Beth worshippers if you dare to say anything critical about the subject, no matter the arguments and logic you use... What's wrong with those people?

Will definitely follow the discussion :)

*end of offtopic*

• Like 2

The funny thing is, back in the days I was all like "never will I buy only digital! I NEED A BOX!" and today I am all like "eh, where the hell should I drop that damn box? Give me digital only!". I simply have no room for all the boxes and stuff. My shelves are full and I don't want to clutter my walls with everything. To me nowadays it's actually a blessing not to have a box and all that jazz anymore.

• Like 1

Hello, new one here :)

I joined the forums for this thread, as it seems to be one of the few left gaming sites that has common sense and doesn't get you attacked by the bunch of Beth worshippers if you dare to say anything critical about the subject, no matter the arguments and logic you use... What's wrong with those people?

Will definitely follow the discussion :)

*end of offtopic*

Oh then I can guarantee you will feel very comfortable here ..these forums are fulled with people that love to criticize, dismiss, moan and basically debate how " game X just isn't as good as the original "  or "  you know nothing beats BG2...why Bioware, why have you embraced SJ  changes over actually making your   games entertaining "   :teehee:  

Cynicism is rife and also support for GG ....so don't get disheartened  :p

Oh I love Bethesda games, nothing better than a heavily modded Bethesda game ( adults mods included )

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Best news I heard all week. Now release it ASAP! Waited too long for this game.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

The Reddit rumor is bull****. There are a lot of holes with it and Kotaku did a good job explaining what they are: http://kotaku.com/latest-popular-fallout-4-rumor-sure-seems-like-bs-1709009561 (plus, it doesn't hurt that they actually know what their own reporting is based on so they can debunk the "IT'S ME, AUSTIN! I WAS THE ONE THAT LEAKED THE CASTING CALLS" spiel from the Reddit "leaker")

Otherwise, wouldn't be happy with a voiced protagonist, but I'm happy that Bethesda abandoned the overbearing green tint of Fallout 3 and seems to be taking a stab at doing their own thing with the franchise in terms of setting. We'll get a much better look at the game at E3 so I'm sure there'll be more to discuss then.

That "classic mode" sounds stupid too. I remember they said the same thing about Fallout 3 back in the hype-train-tyme. "You will be able to zoom out very far in third person view, almost making it like in the classic games" Todd or Pete said - much lel.

Source?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Sorry, too lazy to jump back in time and search for that interview.

If you mean source for that new classic mode thingy, it's from that reddit rumor post.