Fallout 4 is coming!

mkreku

Well. I'm buying it. It might be a fools errand to try to glean too much of 100+ hours of gameplay from a 3 minute trailer, of which less than half was actual gameplay.

I look at it this way, there have been 4-5 Fallout titles (depending on who you ask) none of them have sucked. I seriously doubt this will be the first.

Indeed. Bethesda, sensibly from a corporate view, is likely to create the FO4 that everybody expects. True to form, the trailer could literally be used for almost any Fallout. I think it's an easy decision for the consumer.

For me, Fallout 3 was an offensively stupid story, a combat system devoid of any logic, challenge or simple-minded fun, served on a setting that was occasionally nice and occasionally stupidly bad. No need to go back for seconds.

• Like 2

Not really interested. I generally believe Bethesda games to be highly overrated (well Daggerfall was at least innovative) but that is simply my opinion. A bunch of my friends and co-workers racked up hundreds of hours playing them and still can't believe that I don't like them, but they're not really bothered by the combat systems or the utterly boring NPCs that usually populate their games.

Nothing I've seen so far would convince me that this one can be any better. I don't know how they manage to be so wildly successful and never really manage to pick up at least SOME writers that can make you care about NPCs or form a coherent plot worth following in a game so choke full of distractions that oooooh shiny...

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

One thing the Bethesda games do well, IMO, is create an atmosphere. Walking through a burned out building at twilight, rifle at the ready, with Galaxy News Radio in the background made up for a lot of weaknesses in the story as far as I was concerned.

• Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I just really have to say, those power armor redesigns look sexy.

i think there shuld be VATS knee targeting

What about classic Fallout groin-shots? Remember how the 100% guaranteed method to succeed in boxing in New Reno was just to ****punch everyone?

One thing the Bethesda games do well, IMO, is create an atmosphere. Walking through a burned out building at twilight, rifle at the ready, with Galaxy News Radio in the background made up for a lot of weaknesses in the story as far as I was concerned.

Atmosphere and level design are Bethesda's strong suit. The less words that are used, the better their stories tend to be. I really took that for granted until I played Dragon Age Inquisition and found their Plants vs. Zombies reference, which would have worked if there wasn't an idiotic 2 page fanfiction desperately trying to seriously root an easter egg in the game world's lore without violating any copyrights.

Edited by AGX-17

Atmosphere and level design are Bethesda's strong suit. The less words that are used, the better their stories tend to be.

It baffles me to no end how the same studio that produces the TES series (which have mountains of lore and backstories) can't seem to write a compelling or (at times) even coherent main plot.

Edited by Syraxis

There may be mountains of it, but I don't think it'd survive close scrutiny much better than the rest of their writing. But to be fair, it doesn't need to, that's why it's backstory. One could say that Bethesda's writing holds up until the point where it comes into contact with the player. :p

• Like 2

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Bethesda is poor in the attention to detail department.  If you take their worlds and their writing at a glance and don't try to think about them, they're fine.  As soon as you start scrutinizing, it all falls apart because it's all window dressing, but there isn't much of anything inside the shop.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I love this "next-gen". The way it's going I won't have to upgrade my peecee until 2030.

Well graphics is not so much important. Also Bethesda showed in game cinematic, and not pre-rendered bullshot, so at very least they trying be honest with us that time. Also also usually Bethesda failed hardest in terms of story, narrative, gameplay, dialogs...so yeah...graphics in that case in not for what you should worry.

Sorry for my bag English.  :dancing:

One trailer of dubious quality, not even a release date and already #2 top seller on Steam.

But that's on a slow thursday.. What is that 5-10.000 world wide sales maybe?

That said, Skyrim and Fallout 3 are among some of the most popular games in RPG history. 'The Mob'™ seems to love it and Fallout 4 is not gonna be any better or worse, Bethesda has this approach completely ironed out by now.

Fortune favors the bald.

It baffles me to no end how the same studio that produces the TES series (which have mountains of lore and backstories) can't seem to write a compelling or (at times) even coherent main plot.

This is because all of the writers for TES are no longer with the company. When Morrowind came out? Bethesda had all it's writers. Oblivion? Bethesda had only a couple remaining. FO3 and Skyrim? They've all quit.

TES is essentially piggybacking off the lore those guys wrote, and even that isn't going so well since they're retconning like crazy. Fallout....? Doesn't look good, gotta be honest.

• Like 1

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Nope, that's not how Bethesda pr works. I am pretty sure they are aiming for a end-of-2015 release. They are using the hype train now and release the game when it's at the high peak. If there is one thing Bethesda is really good at then it's driving the pr machine.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 4

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

when it comes to graphics, Bethesda is using the same engine since Morrowind. people are begging them to change to id5 or 6 that would be free for them since both companies are part of Zenimax but they keep saying no

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Soooo apperantly this girl worked on Fallout 4 and spilled the beans 11 months ago.. link

Seems pretty reliable after seeing the trailer.

Loved that she was completly laughed off for this - read the comments, it's great fun heh

1. June 2015 - Fallout 4 reveal at E3, trailer only
  2. July 2015 - First gameplay trailers
  3. August 2015 - More information
  4. October 2015 - PS4/Xbox One/PC release
  5. November 2015 - First DLC
  6. December 2015 - Second DLC, as well as PS3/360 version release
  7. January 2016 - Third DLC
  8. March 2016 - Forth DLC
  9. April 2016 - Fifth and Final DLC
  10. June 2016 - Fallout Spinoff revealed, in development by Behaviour Interactive.
  11. October 2016 - Fallout Spinoff released for PS4/Xbox One/PC
  • Like 3

Fortune favors the bald.

I completely expected a 2016 release but 2015 is kinda looking possible.  I'm glad they're sticking with their janky old engine, it'll run well, look good enough and most of the modding techniques from previous games will still be applicable.

Besides, if they go with something less open it'll take modders absolutely ages to fix all the bugs  :disguise:

Eh, there's still not much to go on.

It'll likely be Bethesda style writing, so that'll mostly be a let down with some potentially interesting/quirky bits.  As to the rest of the game, I'll wait to find out more about it before I jump onto the hype or hate trail.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I'll wait to find out more about it before I jump onto the hype or hate trail.

I'm on the apathy train.  I'd try to convince you to climb aboard, but I can't be bothered.

• Like 6

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Soooo apperantly this girl worked on Fallout 4 and spilled the beans 11 months ago.. link

Seems pretty reliable after seeing the trailer.

Loved that she was completly laughed off for this - read the comments, it's great fun heh

• June 2015 - Fallout 4 reveal at E3, trailer only
  • July 2015 - First gameplay trailers
  • August 2015 - More information
  • October 2015 - PS4/Xbox One/PC release
  • November 2015 - First DLC
  • December 2015 - Second DLC, as well as PS3/360 version release
  • January 2016 - Third DLC
  • March 2016 - Forth DLC
  • April 2016 - Fifth and Final DLC
  • June 2016 - Fallout Spinoff revealed, in development by Behaviour Interactive.
  • October 2016 - Fallout Spinoff released for PS4/Xbox One/PC

Yeah, but some parts sound really strange. Like this "first releasing for PS4 and stuff and later in a 'advanced version' for PS3, etc." - makes really no sense to me. Also, if there really comes a spin-off and it is being developed by Behaviour Interactive.... As far as I can see, they have zero experience with deep RPGs of any kind and mainly released license games from movie titles. I find this very hard to believe.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-04-everyone-thinks-fallout-4-is-out-this-year

I want to believe!

What I can't believe though is that Fallout 3 was released in 2008. How ****ing old am I?? But at least they've had seven years to work on Fallout 4. It is entirely plausible that it can be released this year.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Considering the trailer consisted of a ton of different in-game areas, and Bethesda really hasn't had anything going on since Skyrim, it's not surprising that the game is so far along in development.  Clearly they did a decent job of keeping it hush hush.