Fallout 4 is coming!

mkreku

Really thought Bethesda can't hurt me anymore, but I just found out they still can.

Yeah someone on RPGCodex summed my feelings up pretty well "Zero expectations. Still disappointed".

Oh well, hopefully the hype surrounding the game will encourage me to finally find some time for Wasteland 2.

• Like 1

It's their world building ability that draws me in.

I can agree on that, but I really wish they made more logically consistent worlds - as one youtuber kept asking (someone posted a video of him here)... "What do they eat?" .. This is really the only gripe for me with Bethesda's world building. They don't really consider details all that important except for the atmospheric ones.

It was this one I think.

Also, wow, Fallout with colors? And I wonder if they reuse of NV's electrical logo is on purpose or just tardyness.

• Like 2

After watching the trailer a few thoughts popped up:

- The graphics look to be around the same level as Portal 2 to me. That's odd considering Portal 2 was released years ago. It doesn't look too bad though.

- A lot more colors this time.

- "War never changes"...should've expected that.

- Some of the scenes remind me of the first Bioshock. The other fallouts had similar style, so it's nothing to get worried about. I think the additional colors are what makes it more Bioshocky

- Actual gameplay footage? Definitely looks like it. Huge plus.

- I'm guessing those are flashbacks, but I also feel like you'll be able to explore the world before the bombing. Maybe the Beth-standard character creation thing will be done before the disaster. Just random speculation.

- Some ironic details, hoping the game will have more funny details like that.

- I like how this time the cities/settlements expand upwards and the environments look fairly natural to me. A lot better than vanilla FO:NV.

- This looks like what Metro 2033 could've been. Not a surprise though.

- No HairFX, some very ****ty textures. At least they are not promising too much.

Just imagine someone would port New Vegas into the Fallout 4 engine. It would be so super awesome. More ambient shadow (ambient shadow at all...), better performance with same graphic quality, etc... Sounds pretty cool.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

as stated on bethforum I mean Gaf

Originally Posted by Darkstorne

This game was in pre-production since 2008, and full production since
2011 - two years before current gen consoles went on sale and before
they even officially existed. Fallout is a series expected to sell 10
million + copies these days. Chances are extremely high this started out
as a cross-gen game but shifted to current gen only a year or so ago
when Zenimax were convinced by PS4/Xbone adoption rates to ditch the
larger install base of last gen.

That explains the lower-than-expected graphic quality. At least we'll
easily be seeing 1080p and 30+fps on consoles, and PC gamers know not to
worry about visuals in Bethesda Game Studios titles anyway happy.gif"

Edited by Shadow_Arms

Fallout 3 wasn't that bad, guys.  Okay, the story wasn't very good, but the world they created was pretty fun to explore.

I never buy Bethesda games for their main story.  It's their world building ability that draws me in.

here's a question about fallout 3

What do the people on the capital wasteland eat?

in fallout 1, 2 and NV you see farms with crops and brahmin in every town you visit... in 3 there is a single brahmin pen in the entire game as far as i remember.

also, how can cars that were destroyed by nukes over 200 years ago, still have gas in their tanks?

im too tired to keep making a list (plants, animals, mutant and so on) but i think i make my point

non sensical world building at it's finest indeed

Mama Dolce's fine processed foods of course! Like with all multinational conglomerates, you don't need to know where the food comes from.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Quality "journalism": "See the guys in armor there? That’s the Enclave, policing who can and cannot get into the vault. Spoilers: most people could not secure vault space...but it’s difficult to feel bad, considering the vaults were actually just glorified testing labs. I digress."

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/06/03/fallout-4-screenshots/

Also, from RPS: "It seems that the Brotherhood of Steel – or some local equivalent – had some manner of foothold pre-bombs here. Are they stopping these poor shmoes from reaching the fallout shelters?"

:lol:

• Like 3

"This dog looks a hell of a lot like Dogmeat, a mutt that first appeared in Fallout 1 as a Mad Max reference"

Yes... no. Actually it doesn't look at all like Dogmeat.

Stopped reading there. If you want a real trailer analysis, you better go there: http://fallout.gamepedia.com/Blog:News/Fallout_4:_Welcome_Home_-_Trailer_analysis_and_summary

• Like 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Have you ever run across an ex a few years after you stopped seeing them frequently and looking at how lackluster their life is feel a small amount of disappointment?

That's how I felt about this trailer.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

To me the best fallout game ever made would be a cross between Red Dead Redemption and New Vegas. American Post Apoc is inherently a western and sci fi subgenre, I really wish they'd explore that more fully.

I'm eternally disappointed with the Nexus being so fixated on better sex and animated prostitutions mods, and not be enterprising enough to make a mod where you can spin revolvers, Ocelot-style, or fan the hammer of the single-action guns, or live out my fantasy of being Lucas McCain.

Edited by Agiel
  • Like 1
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Game looks so mundane and uninspired. Its like bethesda found old hard drive filled with unused art assets for fallout 3 and decided to combine all that fallout 4. Same 1950 setting, same plastic gamebyro npcs, same super mutant with cages... The graphics alone not even going to pass witcher 3 and that is sad. I bet old gtx 250-300s will be able to run this 3D0 army men game.

My biggest disappointment isn't graphics its that bethesda creates zero interesting lore. All they do is take old lore from fallout 1-2 and slap on 1950s feel. It makes for such a boring post apocalypse setting like The Road. I can't even call it fallout. fallout 1-2 world felt so interesting to delve in because of the towns and faction politics made it alive. Fallout tactics for the PC had a really cool setting atmosphere also. Fallout 3 however the whole world feels inexplicably dumb. All the npcs seem docile and retarded with no soul. Everyones either a bandit or a adult with child like intelligence. 

It pissed me off that bethesda high jacked the fallout franchise and seeing all these facebook posts exploding and reddit etc. Its like the 12-20 million something americans that watch WWE all of sudden get replaced and forgotten by WWE for Chinas billion something population. 

• Like 1

Well. I'm buying it. It might be a fools errand to try to glean too much of 100+ hours of gameplay from a 3 minute trailer, of which less than half was actual gameplay.

I look at it this way, there have been 4-5 Fallout titles (depending on who you ask) none of them have sucked. I seriously doubt this will be the first.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Well. I'm buying it. It might be a fools errand to try to glean too much of 100+ hours of gameplay from a 3 minute trailer, of which less than half was actual gameplay.

I look at it this way, there have been 4-5 Fallout titles (depending on who you ask) none of them have sucked. I seriously doubt this will be the first.

Of course it won't be the first, that was Fallout Tactics.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Tactics was ok. You just had to like it for what it was. Not what it wasn't

• Like 4

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

The console title, FALLOUT: BROTHERHOOD OF STEEL did suck IMO.

And I say that as someone who generally likes action titles of its ilk.

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Everyones either a bandit or a adult with child like intelligence. 

This has really been an issue since Oblivion for them. They seem utterly incapable of writing intelligent characters.... or well, humanoid characters at least. Parthunaax was slightly better than usual and so was Fawkes to a degree.

Fortune favors the bald.

when dealing with intelligent characters, the player needs a certain degree of intelligence to follow the situation. so they make everyone dumb so even the dumbest player can understand

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.