Fallout 4 is coming!

mkreku

but I don't expect every game to be the best experience ever either.

It's physically impossible for every game to be the best experience ever.  In fact, only 1 game could ever have the best experience ever.

tumblr_lklezidDB11qav29fo1_r1_500.gif

I disagree. Primarily because time is a progressive vector construct on which our personal experiences occur in a chronological order, all our experiences do not occur on a memory singularity but in a memory stream. At various points on that stream we may judge 'bests' differently as our experiences accumulate.

Think of all the games that make up the overall gamespace, those that we have not played may be regarded as Schrodinger's Games (as with F4) which exist in a state of quality flux; they may or may not be better than previous games and while they may or may not have reputations associated with them it is only by opening the box and playing them can you make the judgement of which is best yourself. As such, until played they do not exist in the subjective opinionspace of what is one's personal 'best' rated and indeed it would be perfectly possible- if distinctly edge case scenario- to have every single game in existence be the 'best' at a certain point if you played them, sequentially, in ascending order of quality. ie, at any given point the last game you played would be best and stay so up until you played the next. Or alternatively, you might have multiple bouts of amnesia...

In other words while there may be only one best game ever, at a given time and for a given person, that assignation is fluid and dynamic and over a set time course there may well be multiple best games of all time at given, discrete, instances on that time course.

The key word here is: EVER.

The best game EVER is the best game, period. It doesn't matter if you compare it to games from the past or future. It's the best game. EVER.

So, I must agree with Keyrock here.

---

On topic, Fallout + Skyrim + Skyrim or Better Character Creation (NO MORE "EVERYBODY IS F**** UGLY AND LOOK LIKE A MORON, DON'T MATTER WHAT YOU DO" CC of FO3 and NV) + Better Graphics + MODS = SO MUCH WIN  :w00t:

Edited by RodWarrior

I would love if Bethesda would give Obsidian free reign with Fallout Europe or somesuch.

I found Fallout 3 to be okay fallout game, but pretty bad RPG so I'm cautiously hopeful of Fallout 4.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I already sad that and I will say it again. No engine today is able to make open world satisfying enough to not feel like theme park. Fallout world was great because there was sence of big empty world due to map travel. Also first 2 fallouts have some humor and some RL references, but they were subtle or fitting into place you encoutered them. Bethesda have ****ty writing and their over the top approach to RL references was terribad. Honestly everything in F3 seems to me like over the top

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I got €300 on a plot revolving around androids vs. humans, any takers?

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Its most-likely fallout 4 but everyone is too overly optimistic about this one.  I'm confident that everyone feels bethesda wouldn't go all the trouble of creating a website without something big coming. Especially, the long overdue fallout sequel. 

Now the internet will rage if its not fallout 4. Pulling a Fallout trading card game or World of Fallot just to troll us. 

No engine today is able to make open world satisfying enough to not feel like theme park.

Well, I don't know there's been some pretty good open world games.. What constitutes "satisfying enough" for you?

Fortune favors the bald.

No engine today is able to make open world satisfying enough to not feel like theme park.

Well, I don't know there's been some pretty good open world games.. What constitutes "satisfying enough" for you?

nothing really. No-one would enjoy walking hours through desert and find nothing in real time. Thats is problem with F3 - oblivion engine cant support Fallout game. You can have games like ARMA which creat reasonably big world, but its always small part of real word. Fallouts were set in quite big real world area and it makes sense, because there are very few people alive after nuclear war. Granted if you take lore from F3+ then not so much, for some unknown reason anyone over next corner carry working laser rifle

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

To me the best fallout game ever made would be a cross between Red Dead Redemption and New Vegas. American Post Apoc is inherently a western and sci fi subgenre, I really wish they'd explore that more fully.

Especially looking at the source materiel of Wasteland and the original fallout, with its inspiration from Mad Max (wish is sort of an Australian western), A Boy and His Dog and campy 50s sci fi. It needs a little more open world roaming, with cars or horses, and a little more campy 80s crazyness.

edit: And in that vein I'm hoping the Mad Max game delivers...

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

To me the best fallout game ever made would be a cross between Red Dead Redemption and New Vegas. American Post Apoc is inherently a western and sci fi subgenre, I really wish they'd explore that more fully.

Especially looking at the source materiel of Wasteland and the original fallout, with its inspiration from Mad Max (wish is sort of an Australian western), A Boy and His Dog and campy 50s sci fi. It needs a little more open world roaming, with cars or horses, and a little more campy 80s crazyness.

edit: And in that vein I'm hoping the Mad Max game delivers...

Yeah, honestly I think that if they someohow cramp in RPG vibe into Mad Max game it will be better fallout that what F3 delivered. However I got feeling that MM will be too much action fro fallout game

but I don't expect every game to be the best experience ever either.

It's physically impossible for every game to be the best experience ever.  In fact, only 1 game could ever have the best experience ever.

tumblr_lklezidDB11qav29fo1_r1_500.gif

I disagree. Primarily because time is a progressive vector construct on which our personal experiences occur in a chronological order, all our experiences do not occur on a memory singularity but in a memory stream. At various points on that stream we may judge 'bests' differently as our experiences accumulate.

Think of all the games that make up the overall gamespace, those that we have not played may be regarded as Schrodinger's Games (as with F4) which exist in a state of quality flux; they may or may not be better than previous games and while they may or may not have reputations associated with them it is only by opening the box and playing them can you make the judgement of which is best yourself. As such, until played they do not exist in the subjective opinionspace of what is one's personal 'best' rated and indeed it would be perfectly possible- if distinctly edge case scenario- to have every single game in existence be the 'best' at a certain point if you played them, sequentially, in ascending order of quality. ie, at any given point the last game you played would be best and stay so up until you played the next. Or alternatively, you might have multiple bouts of amnesia...

In other words while there may be only one best game ever, at a given time and for a given person, that assignation is fluid and dynamic and over a set time course there may well be multiple best games of all time at given, discrete, instances on that time course.

The key word here is: EVER.

The best game EVER is the best game, period. It doesn't matter if you compare it to games from the past or future. It's the best game. EVER.

So, I must agree with Keyrock here.

---

On topic, Fallout + Skyrim + Skyrim or Better Character Creation (NO MORE "EVERYBODY IS F**** UGLY AND LOOK LIKE A MORON, DON'T MATTER WHAT YOU DO" CC of FO3 and NV) + Better Graphics + MODS = SO MUCH WIN  :w00t:

"Best" is subjective; but even so, there can't be a Best better than all the rest counting future, because the future can't be accounted for when determining its relationship to the present since we perceive time in a linear fashion.  To be able to advise on a best game from the future, you'd have to be from the future, meaning that only someone at the end of time would actually have the ability to create a potentially absolute "Best" or you'd have to exist outside of time so that you could consider all of creation to determine "best".

Since you can't account for the future, "Ever" as a statement can only posit that something is the best up until that point of time; if after the first Best Game Ever a new game comes out better than it, it becomes the new Best Game Ever to that point.  This Ever point is not the same as the last Ever point and therefore it is possible to have two Best Game Evers considering two distinct points in time (and, in its way, two distinct versions of you - you can't step in the same river twice and all that).

At any rate, whether you agree with me or not, the whole point of my argument was the futility of desiring that every game be the best ever (or even better than the last).  I've been able to enjoy Bethesdas games for what they are, rather than my expectations of what they should be (as so many people seem to criticize them for).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Wonder if we'll finally be able to play as a Ghoul or Supermutant? Probably not. More importantly i'm crossing my fingers and toes for a certain developer to make a west coast expansion again, that i'll buy.

Or Dogmeat, i'd play as Dogmeat, more charisma and less voice acting, win-win.

• Like 2

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Hopefully we can get power armour for the dog.

• Like 4

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Initial thoughts:

-The graphics look pretty cartoony compared to before. This is just for the trailer right?

-The image at 1:50 looks like FO3's Brotherhood Citadel, but bears a new emblem for a new faction

-.....Was that a ****ing airship? Did a double-take when I realized I'm not watching a trailer for Super Mario World 3.

-Protagonist pls dun talk. Pls.

-Hooray for knowing practically nothing new! \o/

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?