Fallout 4 is coming!

mkreku

Hopefully, the Brotherhood of Steel returns.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

HOLY BITCH

The page source code

<p class="page-error-text">
PA system failure has occured.
Shutdown of the Masterbrain has been authorized and all sensitive materials have been removed for security purposes.
Please attempt re-access. Have a pleasant day.

"/57601643.institute.js">

Hey, maybe President Eden will be back in a new power suit, fighting an epic battle against Liberty Prime.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

And so the worst kept secret in the gaming industry is revealed to the masses.  Excitement level = *shrug*

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I think open world post-apoc is one of the best genres there is - so that's great. But I didn't really enjoy Bethesda's handling of Fallout as much as I wanted, so I'm cautiously happy.

It'll of course be a rather bland, but very atmospheric game, like they always are.. And those are fun enough.

• Like 3

Fortune favors the bald.

until its isometric and have some sensible recreation of word I am not interested, moving alone before fans stomp me

• Like 4

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Gah. Just another Skyrim with guns.

You say that like its a bad thing.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Holy Smoke I'm excited, Day 1 purchase for sure !!!   :dancing:  :dancing:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Oh yay.
Maybe this time radiation will give you magic powers that your character utilizes by shouting.

LKDEs3p.jpg

Edited by GhoulishVisage
  • Like 2

When in doubt, blame the elves.

I have always hated the word "censorship", I prefer seeing it as just removing content that isn't suitable or is considered offensive

if the shooting mechanics are better than in Fallout 3, I'll be all over this game

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

The pessimism is strong in this thread.

The game could be good, it could be bad. Maybe we get paid mods for this one? Whatever happens, I've yet to get started on either of the open Fallouts so I doubt I'll be getting this on launch. Another potentially good game on the radar though. It will of course be massively hyped, most likely over.

Actually, they're just revealing the shirt of the month: Punga Power.

It's about time, I say.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Hopefully, the Brotherhood of Steel returns.

The burned game, in HD!

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Fallout 3 wasn't that bad, guys.  Okay, the story wasn't very good, but the world they created was pretty fun to explore.

I never buy Bethesda games for their main story.  It's their world building ability that draws me in.

• Like 4

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

To be honest I can't say I've ever cared for their stories.  But those hiking simulators are the bomb!

I kid, I kid.  Of the four Bethesda games I've played, I've enjoyed playing three of them.  That doesn't mean they were all perfect, but I don't expect every game to be the best experience ever either.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

but I don't expect every game to be the best experience ever either.

It's physically impossible for every game to be the best experience ever.  In fact, only 1 game could ever have the best experience ever.

tumblr_lklezidDB11qav29fo1_r1_500.gif

• Like 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

It's their world building ability that draws me in.

I can agree on that, but I really wish they made more logically consistent worlds - as one youtuber kept asking (someone posted a video of him here)... "What do they eat?" .. This is really the only gripe for me with Bethesda's world building. They don't really consider details all that important except for the atmospheric ones.

Fortune favors the bald.

Maybe we get paid mods for this one?

And this right here has the potential to be the deal breaker.

The usual comment about Beth games is "but they are great with mods!". Without, not so much. I'll wait and see, of course. I got my money's worth out of FO3, after all.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Fallout 3 wasn't that bad, guys.  Okay, the story wasn't very good, but the world they created was pretty fun to explore.

I never buy Bethesda games for their main story.  It's their world building ability that draws me in.

I also have an issues with their alleged "world-building", which amounts to creating a theme-park of disconnected elements that lack any sense of nuance or cohesion. They simply exist for the pc to wander from one attraction to another.

Nothing wrong with enjoying that, but I feel like it's a big step in the wrong direction for the Fallout games.

• Like 2

When in doubt, blame the elves.

I have always hated the word "censorship", I prefer seeing it as just removing content that isn't suitable or is considered offensive