Pillars of Eternity-Kent State University survey

Lazrielz

Hello everyone,

My name is Enrico Gandolfi and I am a Post-Doctoral Research Fellow at the Kent State University, Ohio. I contact you because I am doing a research on temporality and digital gaming (in this case, Pillars of Eternity).

I am gathering information through the following questionnaire:

http://kentstate.az1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_87VAA3ecxWEmiC9

Your contribution would be priceless (It shouldn’t take more than 5 minutes and it is totally anonymous). Furthermore, if you know someone addicted to Pillars of Eternity please spread the word!

Thank you in advance, I am at your grateful disposal (egandol1@kent.edu) for every doubt and explanation!

Best,

p.s.: the survey itself is approved by Kent State University IRB committee and this sharing by Paradox Interactive

Enrico Gandolfi, PhD

Post-doctoral research fellow, Research Center for Educational Technology

Kent State University

323 Moulton Hall

P.O. Box 5190

Kent, OH 44242

• Like 1

Did it, hope it helps out your research.  One thing i found a bit confusing was your choice of words in a few of the responses.  The expert level question with choices good, then high and the later question answer choices of quite false, and false choices didn't make a whole lot of sense to me.  I took good to mean somewhat expert and high to mean high level of expertise, and quite false to mean somewhat false.  Hope that was the correct interpretation.  Good luck.

• Like 1

Completed, good luck.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Done.

Would it be possible to get some kind of notification about the outcome of the study and your results? :)

Therefore I have sailed the seas and come

To the holy city of Byzantium. -W.B. Yeats

Χριστός ἀνέστη!

Done, boychick.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Did it, hope it helps out your research.  One thing i found a bit confusing was your choice of words in a few of the responses.  The expert level question with choices good, then high and the later question answer choices of quite false, and false choices didn't make a whole lot of sense to me.  I took good to mean somewhat expert and high to mean high level of expertise, and quite false to mean somewhat false.  Hope that was the correct interpretation.  Good luck.

Yeah. I had some trouble with the question about 'mastering the system'.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

We shouldn't question academics, ever. They are cleverer than us.

Not me Monte..maybe you...but not me  :p

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Hello everyone,

My name is Enrico Gandolfi and I am a Post-Doctoral Research Fellow at the Kent State University, Ohio. I contact you because I am doing a research on temporality and digital gaming (in this case, Pillars of Eternity).

I am gathering information through the following questionnaire:

http://kentstate.az1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_87VAA3ecxWEmiC9

Your contribution would be priceless (It shouldn’t take more than 5 minutes and it is totally anonymous). Furthermore, if you know someone addicted to Pillars of Eternity please spread the word!

Thank you in advance, I am at your grateful disposal (egandol1@kent.edu) for every doubt and explanation!

Best,

p.s.: the survey itself is approved by Kent State University IRB committee and this sharing by Paradox Interactive

Enrico Gandolfi, PhD

Post-doctoral research fellow, Research Center for Educational Technology

Kent State University

323 Moulton Hall

P.O. Box 5190

Kent, OH 44242

Please add to your survey that as a straight male gamer, I'm upset that Bioware made Cassandra Pentaghast look like a man and that Jospehine looks hideous.  Also add that the women in Skyrim & Witcher 3 look stunning.

Edited by luzarius

Having trouble with the games combat on POTD, Trial of Iron?

- Hurtin bomb droppin MONK - [MONK BUILD] - [CLICK HERE]

- Think Rangers suck? You're wrong - [RANGER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

- Fighter Heavy Tank - [FIGHTER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

Despite what I may post, I'm a huge fan of Pillars of Eternity, it's one of my favorite RPG's.

Anita Sarkeesian keeps Bioware's balls in a jar on her shelf.