Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

all PoE "random" item & day checklist

• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

Kazuma

Kazuma

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 117 posts

That's really odd. I've confirmed that WM random loot is working for me too.

I'll have to test on hard mode later to see if I have them same problem. Unfortunately I don't have any convenient saves on hard mode.

I haven't checked IE Mod in a while have they updated it to work with 3.03? There was a particular feature that was crashing in the game but I don't recall what it was. At least from what I saw on Nexus. Haven't tried it myself. Hopefully it works for you.

Kaylon

Kaylon

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1281 posts

The loot should be the same on all difficulties. However I remember it already happened when some people, for some strange reason, had different results.

Kazuma

Kazuma

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 117 posts

Maybe there's just an excess of cosmic radiation where he lives and it's flipping bits on him. But *only* bits reserved for PoE loot tables. That's some oddly specific radiation but..

Kidding.

Maybe it's simply a different version of some API/dll/etc that PoE uses. Same game version. Different underlying system/drivers. Equals different RNG?

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 14528 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
It's also not working for me. Never has. I'm playing on Linux. Maybe that's a reason...?

Not an issue for me though, because I just take it as it comes.

Edited by Boeroer, 24 July 2016 - 09:58 AM.

Dr <3

Dr <3

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1043 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
The only item i try to serch every playtrough is the gauntlets of manipulation, since +2 mech at the beginning is huge and is the only item to boost mechanic. All the rest is random loot for a reason...

Kazuma

Kazuma

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 117 posts

@Boeroer - Ah, that may be it. Platform difference. Maybe linux system calls know what random means and windows... well it's windows. Random numbers are hard work and MS is busy patching 20-30 year old security issues these days.

Sarcastic jibes aside, it could just be implementation differences within unity itself. Cross platform will always require a little voodoo no mater how much secret sauce an engine claims to have. Ironically in this case the windows version seems to be the one misbehaving. Not that I mind (OBS pls don't fix). I would actually prefer static loot rather than random. So it's a happy accident we can even use a list like this one.

I probably should be running PoE on my linux box. Why am I not running it on my Linux box? I'd say my video card is low end but I doubt PoE takes much.

• Soaren likes this

Jojobobo

Jojobobo

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1287 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

For clarity, the same lists work fine on mac. It could be that it's different on Linux, and I'm not disputing that Boeroer is getting different results, but is seems a little weird doesn't it? At the same time, I never think any weird bug is impossible when it comes to Pillars.

• Soaren likes this

Kazuma

Kazuma

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 117 posts

Who knows at this point. From another perspective it could be Linux with the problem because of date/time/precision differences that weren't accounted for. Suffice it to say we can all but confirm that Linux is the oddball of the group. Which side is working as intended? /shrug

For the record is Pax Empyrean running the Linux version?

st0rmeternity

st0rmeternity

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 3 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I am having sort of the same problem. I have tried reinstalling but the items seem messed up. Some items turn up as listed on the correct days but some don't. Here is an example of some weirdness going on. If I go straight after picking up Aloth and Eder to Valewood, the item picked up in Valewood is as listed but if I enter Temple of Eothas, kill something there and then go on to Valewood, although it's actually in the same day, the item is now different. It would seem that the list as sped up but difference is just a few hours, in game.

Kazuma

Kazuma

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 117 posts

I know this is probably not the case, but to be sure are you looking at the number of days played? Also, as we were just discussing what platform are you running on?

st0rmeternity

st0rmeternity

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 3 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Yep. I have replayed (reroller maniac) many many times up to act two from when the game first launched and when the list came out and White March 1 and I have always got the right items on the right days (of the in-game month) from the list. And I am playing on windows 7 and hard difficulty. I would say the list has been acting up recently after White March 2.

PS .. should have been Esternwood and not Valewood in first post.

Kazuma

Kazuma

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 117 posts

Yeah, I thought I ran into a problem spot myself last night but it turned out I had the wrong loot point (Ogre cave, Dyrwood crossing).

I'm kinda at a loss as to what might be happening if you're playing 3.03 on Win7 and having a problem. But to be clear it's not that it's totally different from the list but that there seems to be an offset of a few hours? As if it's counting the days at a different interval than what is displayed on the UI?

st0rmeternity

st0rmeternity

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 3 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Well, I actually decided it was really a lot of work trying to figure out what was wrong and decided to just roll with whatever came but like someone said, I just wanted the gloves of manipulation and I'll be a happy camper :).

Anyway did a bit of testing and there were two moments in time I travelled from.

First one was after I had recruited Eder and ALoth and travelled immediately to Esternwood to the cemetery:

day 2 hour 11

20 majprima - spellward amulet
2 camps forward to day 3 hour 2, 1 fonprima - ring of overseeing

Second one was after I recruited Eder and ALoth and spent a little time (well, one hour in game time :p) in the Temple of Eothas and travelled to Esternwood to the cemetery:
day 2 hour 12
20 majprima - minor ring of protection
2 camps forward to day 3 hour 3, 1 fonprima - cape of withdrawal

Prior to this, I have done a lot more testing which I didn't record so my apologies if there isn't much more data I can provide. 

Edit: Sorry if I have confused anyone with the 2 camps forward item list ... :p I have corrected them.

Edited by st0rmeternity, 29 July 2016 - 06:41 PM.

Kazuma

Kazuma

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 117 posts

Well two different results from the same date seems to indicate that your getting random rolls instead of a static list. I'm guessing that is probably working as intended. Just not sure what the difference is.

ninjasaru

ninjasaru

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Durgan’s Battery

Galvino’s Workshop – Little Wooden Box

1. Healing hands

2. Boots of stability

3. Boots of stability

4. Minor gauntlets of accuracy +3

5. Gloves of manipulation

6. Blunting belt

7. Boots of stability

8. Cape of withdrawal

9. Minor cloak of protection +5

10. Cape of deflection +5

11. Minor cloak of protection +5

12. Ring of overseering

13. Spellward amulet

14. Amulet of health

15. Blunting belt

16. Boots of evasion

17. Ring of unshackling

18. Boots of evasion

19. Rymrgand’s mantle

20. Amulet of health

Can anyone tell me where this box is in the map? Thanks.

Kaylon

Kaylon

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1281 posts

Durgan’s Battery

Galvino’s Workshop – Little Wooden Box

1. Healing hands

2. Boots of stability

3. Boots of stability

4. Minor gauntlets of accuracy +3

5. Gloves of manipulation

6. Blunting belt

7. Boots of stability

8. Cape of withdrawal

9. Minor cloak of protection +5

10. Cape of deflection +5

11. Minor cloak of protection +5

12. Ring of overseering

13. Spellward amulet

14. Amulet of health

15. Blunting belt

16. Boots of evasion

17. Ring of unshackling

18. Boots of evasion

19. Rymrgand’s mantle

20. Amulet of health

Can anyone tell me where this box is in the map? Thanks.

I think it's in the hidden room

Bubbles

Bubbles

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 172 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

"Ceiling – Roof Hidden Box" doesn't give gauntlets of accuracy +5 on day 9, but instead a ring of overseeing. Day 10 is a cape of withdrawal as expected, so this might just be a single change.

Actually, now I reloaded the game again right before I looted the ring overseeing, and now it does give the gauntlets. Something strange is going on.

Edited by Bubbles, 14 August 2016 - 04:53 PM.

digited

digited

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts

I've looked into csharp-assembly code of 3.0.3+wm1+2 to see how this random thing works:

private void SetSeed()
   {
       float single = base.transform.position.x;
       Vector3 vector3 = base.transform.position;
       Random.seed = (int)(single + vector3.z) * GameState.s_playerCharacter.name.GetHashCode() + WorldTime.Instance.CurrentDay;
   }

Chests are filled with loot when opening for the first time. For "randomizing" calculation, not only day of month matters, but also numeral hash of player character name, so differently named characters may get an "x" day(s) offset of loot, but still the same order of it.

If GameState character is the one currently selected, contents may be different when opened by characters with different names.

There doesn't seem to be any checks for difficulty, char level or stats anywhere.

Game engine uses seed to sort the order of loot list (not to select a single item from it), and assembly code adds first item from sorted list using some weird-looking code that checks weight of all "random" items.

Changing a single byte of default flag value in LootList:Evaluate() made all chests and corpses in the game to have all possible "random" loot at once. I can't point to the byte in original .dll bc reflexil changes the binary too much on any save.

Edited by digited, 18 August 2016 - 02:33 AM.

• Jojobobo, knownastherat, Dr <3 and 1 other like this

digited

digited

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts

(moved info to first post, this one can be deleted)

Edited by digited, 18 August 2016 - 03:33 AM.

plenilune

plenilune

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Thanks this is tremendous help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users