Od Nua - inconsistent story

One of the spirits on level 13 mentions that Od Nua was slain and that this followers have shown their true colors afterwards. However, the spirit later mentions that Durious (I think that's how the name was spelled), was looking for a way to breach the door to the inner chamber by infusing the souls of the mob who have pledged to defeat Od Nua into it, thereby granting the mob access to Od Nua.

So... how was Od Nua slain by the mob before the door was breached? Furthermore, his Animat guardians were still "alive" in the inner chamber, meaning that the mob never got past them. Who killed him? How did the end up encased in adra? There were dozens of "vacant" Animat armor pieces strewn across the ground on level 14, meaning that a battle had been raging raging there, but who took part in the fighting considering the mob never got past the Animat guards on level 13?

• Like 1

The door locked itself automatically, and not all of the mob would have needed to give theirs souls - just a few. As for the Animats, certainly a stretch but it's possible that some may have only been knocked out in the fighting and recovered afterwards, following their final orders. Or, the mob may have killed the King and then retreated before the Animats could kill them all. Which would explain why there was still loot in the place as the rioters would not have had time to take valuables if their were running from the vengeful Animats. 

Edited by Venatio

I wasn't following the story down there very well. Those spirits giving me hints on what happened and what not, but I was having trouble piecing it all together myself. Is the titan Od Nua himself, or his son?  Everything before going down there, and in your journal seems to indicate the statue is Od Nua himself, but then on the lower levels I'm getting the impression it was made in the likeness of his son and for his son's soul to take? I never did find a clear answer. Tried to get the son's name as well, you can ask Od Nua what it is, but he never told me. The son is Caed Nua I assume? How would the keep in the above world be known as Caed Nua if the son was insignificant and just died one day causing his king to go mad with grief and start building this titan?

OP is just confusing me even more...  hehe.     :blink:

I know Od Nua mentioned he cast the spell himself which encased him in the adra, and I think he said he did it just to spite them...  so they couldn't get at his body to harm him further or something.

in your journal seems to indicate the statue is Od Nua himself, but then on the lower levels I'm getting the impression it was made in the likeness of his son and for his son's soul to take? I never did find a clear answer. Tried to get the son's name as well, you can ask Od Nua what it is, but he never told me.

The words survives while time erases the meaning behind them.

I suppose, as son and father, they were alike. But being the son dead, the only direct comparison was the father. And the statue was *his*, born from his madness. People looking at the statue would see him.

Od Nua's statue, made for the son, became a monument to the king.

I've come to burn your kingdom down