> Preview < Pillars of Eternity Quest Editor

Any section is better then technical section. This is place people look into only when having problems with the game.

In fact, this section fits the most:

Pillars of Eternity: Characters Builds, Strategies & the Unity Engine (Spoiler Warning!)

Not that Characters Builds, Strategies have anything to do with Unity Engine, it's just that this section was chosen as place for any kind of modding of the game.

Edited by player1
  • Like 1

Spell Fixes compilation for Neverwinter Nights 2, as well as my other submissions for this great game.

Mods could you please move this thread to the General Discussion? :)

Nobody is going to expect finding a quest editor in the Technical Support forum

If you want the mods to notice, it's easiest to just contact them directly. Which I'll have done in a minute, wait for it...

EDIT:

...done. We should probably make a bit more advertisement for a modding subforum while we're at it.

BTW, I think this project is a really great idea and the progress so far is pretty impressive, keep up the good work! :)

Edited by Doppelschwert
  • Like 1

Mods could you please move this thread to the General Discussion? :)

Nobody is going to expect finding a quest editor in the Technical Support forum

If you want the mods to notice, it's easiest to just contact them directly. Which I'll have done in a minute, wait for it...

EDIT:

...done. We should probably make a bit more advertisement for a modding subforum while we're at it.

BTW, I think this project is a really great idea and the progress so far is pretty impressive, keep up the good work! :)

All want they to move my thread …, just move will not be the solution as vv221 says. It would sink to page 3 in no time.

If you still have much energy, how about making sketches/ designs for the quest editor? Or improving my documentation over here http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Modding/

That would be totally awesome! :w00t:

The thread to request a modding subforum is here, please be polite there:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/76421-can-we-get-a-modding-sub-forum/

• Like 1

Don't worry, I asked one of the moderators to discuss a modding forum with the other moderators again to move the thread there and gave him a link to decide for himself what would be best. I even argued that your thread should become a sticky (the one with the IE mod is also a candidate). The mods won't move your thread around without your permission I think. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New version is up. Version 0.3.1 https://xaratas.github.io/

New features:

* Add and Remove Nodes

* Start from scratch, just hit the read quest / read conversation button. (Very easy to find out, isn't it? :devil: )

Also good:

* Huge performance improvement in chrome

And i am in serious need for input about features, design, functions, must haves …

• Like 2

I'm keeping a close eye on this thread (bookmarked).  Because what I really really want with this game now is a way to add my own quests and so on....  I'm an inveterate user of mods in games like Oblivion and Skyrim, and this one (though the available mods except for IEMod are pretty thin on the ground....).

I don't at this point have any suggestions for you.  This next playthrough, I'll try to keep my mind a bit more open to what things I'd like to see as "extensibles".

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

An extremely nice tool, thank you very much.

The only problem that i had with it: if the .conversation file is too big it wont load.

p.s. also i noticed that your conditionals do not check for the <Not>false/true</Not> statement which makes it sometimes confusing to understand.

Keep up the good work and hope to see you back for the Deadfire!  :thumbsup:

Edited by qEin

• 2 months later...

Hello guys, maybe someone on this thread can help me with a quest problem I have...

The precise problem is written here:
https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/96428-hiravias-quest-true-to-form-bug-spoilers/

In short: I can't proceed in a quest for no reson. I tried to restart it or change the advancement with the editor Xaratas posted in this thread, but I can't manage to do anything, only to force the conversation with an NPC which in the end doesn't advance the quest. Can somebody give me hints how to edit the quest file to proceed in the quest?