1.06 beta and still no fix for the resize of log window

Guest FlorianGh

Question

Guest FlorianGh

Description:

The combat log/dialogue window gets reset every time I launch the game. I's very frustrating to re-size the window every time. Playing it at 1366x768 pixels with the biggest font size.

Steps to Reproduce the Issue:

After loading the game and re-size of the window if I load a previous game the window remains but if I click quit, end up in the main menu and continue the window size will reset. I tried to smaller the fond at 100% but this still happens.

DxDiag.txt

output_log.txt

post-152129-0-89066800-1433150563_thumb.jpg

Edited by FlorianGh

14 answers to this question

Guest FlorianGh

I don't have this problem at 1080p.

Good to know it's not happening at higher res because I can't test it since I'm playing the game on a laptop. At first I didn't post because I thought that it will get fixed but after so many patches it started to bother me. They did a great job until now I just wish they will fix this because I don't want to change the resolution and the biggest font I find it to be a must on such a big text game ( as for PS:T ) .

Edited by FlorianGh

I'm running at 1680x1050, default font, and the window size remains the same when I load a game. Interestingly, though, when the game would crash on me before (due to the 32-bit issue) the log window would reset to default when I started the game up again. But not when I exit the "proper" way. I have no idea why, but this might indicate that some setting wasn't being saved properly.

Guest FlorianGh

an update on the matter : if I open the game and click continue or load the size will be reset to default but after first load if I click load again (when the size of the font is increased) the size will be fine. Another thing that bothers is why every time I first load the size of the text is small?

Guest FlorianGh

Hey FlorianGh,

Thanks for pointing this out. I went ahead and added this issue to our database to be passed off to the appropriate department.

Thanks a bunch!

Thank you for taking this into consideration.

Guest FlorianGh

Hello FlorianGh,

It seems that this is only happening in your specific resolution. 1366 x 768. I tried doing this in 1600 x 900 and I didn't have any issues. I have updated the bug we currently have in our system.

Thanks again!

Yeah I already noticed that and wrote about it in June. Now we are at beta 2.03 and still the bug continues. 

Edited by FlorianGh

It seems that this is only happening in your specific resolution. 1366 x 768. I tried doing this in 1600 x 900 and I didn't have any issues. I have updated the bug we currently have in our system.

It happens to me on 1280x1024 too. The log window size resets between game restarts, but not between savegame loads. Also if I make the window too big or too small, it'll scale some even between loads. 2.02 GOG.