Savegame Corruption

maxmuen

Question

I had a very nasty Bug that ensured that every savegame i created be autosave, quicksave or a regular save would end up corrupted.

after some searching i found the reason for the bug inside the output_log.txt

part of the log that was generated to save a game and then load it. 

Ionic.Zip.ZipException: The file C:/Users/maxmuen/AppData/LocalLow/Obsidian Entertainment/Pillars of Eternity/CurrentGame/d2466ba0d7b54493a6d0cca4c9a751e6 10353843 DyrfordRuins/0.png already exists.

at Ionic.Zip.ZipEntry.CheckExtractExistingFile (System.String baseDir, System.String targetFileName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at Ionic.Zip.ZipEntry.InternalExtract (System.String baseDir, System.IO.Stream outstream, System.String password) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

C:\Users\maxmuen\Documents\My Games\Pillars of Eternity\b1961d2f-2f77-4fde-a0c2-46859641f529 autosave.savegame ZIP FILE IS CORRUPT!

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

NullReferenceException
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Component:InternalGetGameObject ()

at UnityEngine.Component.get_gameObject () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at UIEventListener.Get (UnityEngine.Component mb) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at UINewsManager.OnDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

deleting C:/Users/maxmuen/AppData/LocalLow/Obsidian Entertainment and everything in it, solved the bug.

2 answers to this question