Party members still switch weapon sets when charmed

TT1

Question

Hey guys, this is still happening. Really annoying.

It happened twice with me, fighting the Fampyrs in lvl 8 of Od Nua . Almost always the wizard, switching from wand to pistol.

v 1.0.5.0567 here

Edited by TT1

5 answers to this question

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

why do you think this is a bug? Wouldn't a dominated party member logically switch to the best weapon to turn on you with?

If it was me and I wanted to avoid charmed/dominated party members turning on me I'd equip them with nothing but fists before the fight

why do you think this is a bug?

Because they don't do it intelligently and with a purpose. They just do it all the time regardless of circumstances.

If they swapped weapons intelligently based on what is best to turn on you, it would be a killer A.I. feature.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

https://forums.obsidian.net/blog/7/entry-183-patch-notes-105/

General Fixes
  • Removed exploit of being able to transition into a new area with a dead player character. 
  • Spells and abilities stuck in 'Already Activated' state will be fixed whenever a game is loaded.
  • Now camping in a stronghold map when Brighthollow is unlocked uses Brighthollow instead.
  • Party members will no longer switch weapon sets when charmed.
  • Resolved a problem where misses on some secondary attacks were not being reported in the combat log.
  • Camera should center on party members faster.
  • Trial of Iron: Loading a game will now force a save to happen to prevent save scumming.
  • Fixed many issues related to auto pause.
  • Firearms will now reload when combat ends on alternate weapon sets.
  • Poison and interrupted VO now has a cooldown.
  • Allow quick-loading when UI windows, like dialogue, are up.
  • Fix to enemy encounters sometimes decreasing in difficulty without the player changing the option.
  • Fixed additional problems with prestigious visitors visiting the Stronghold after they had been killed.
  • Fixed issue where Guest Hirelings that were available at the Stronghold for hire were not being saved properly into the save games.
  • Removed unneeded navigation blockers in the Valewood that were causing animal companions to become stuck.
  • Like 1

https://forums.obsidian.net/blog/7/entry-183-patch-notes-105/

General Fixes
  • Removed exploit of being able to transition into a new area with a dead player character. 
  • Spells and abilities stuck in 'Already Activated' state will be fixed whenever a game is loaded.
  • Now camping in a stronghold map when Brighthollow is unlocked uses Brighthollow instead.
  • Party members will no longer switch weapon sets when charmed.
  • Resolved a problem where misses on some secondary attacks were not being reported in the combat log.
  • Camera should center on party members faster.
  • Trial of Iron: Loading a game will now force a save to happen to prevent save scumming.
  • Fixed many issues related to auto pause.
  • Firearms will now reload when combat ends on alternate weapon sets.
  • Poison and interrupted VO now has a cooldown.
  • Allow quick-loading when UI windows, like dialogue, are up.
  • Fix to enemy encounters sometimes decreasing in difficulty without the player changing the option.
  • Fixed additional problems with prestigious visitors visiting the Stronghold after they had been killed.
  • Fixed issue where Guest Hirelings that were available at the Stronghold for hire were not being saved properly into the save games.
  • Removed unneeded navigation blockers in the Valewood that were causing animal companions to become stuck.

You know what is funny? This still happens as of 3.0x. I bet this could be abused, if you know you're going up against enemies that can charm put either a very weak weapon or even fists in our second slot and watch the effectiveness of the charm be reduced.