The Salty Mast rare gear.

Pharaun159

Question

In the salty mast, the merchant Vincient Dwellier's entire stock has been generalized.  As in all yellow item have the same enchantment.  Weapon damage, +acuracy, fine.  and thats it.  every weapon in his inventory.  either this are mislabled yellow, or their unique stats are removed.

9 answers to this question

Club of Refined and Prestigious Gentlemen is related to RPG Codex. There are even characters who make fun of how they're elitist scum. Those weapons are supposed to be generic.

Meh.  Seems like such a waste.  Many of those weapons are very good looking and have interesting names.  IMO, it's a waste for them to not actually be unique weapons with interesting special abilities.

Honestly, this is a pet peeve of mine, along with that merchant who randomly shows up at your stronghold and always seems to sell the same 2-3 items thus far in my 3 complete run throughs of the game, to my CONSIDERABLE annoyance, since I know that Azzuro has some very, very good items that I'd love to get.  I wish that Azzuro would just show up and take residence at the stronghold with his entire stock, like a normal merchant. 

Previously, Vincent Dwellier had a few weapons that actually had unique properties mixed in with the rest of his stock, such as The Vile Loner's Lance. Have those weapons had their unique properties scrubbed, have they been removed (possibly to another vendor), or did you just miss them amidst the specially named crap?

Previously, Vincent Dwellier had a few weapons that actually had unique properties mixed in with the rest of his stock, such as The Vile Loner's Lance. Have those weapons had their unique properties scrubbed, have they been removed (possibly to another vendor), or did you just miss them amidst the specially named crap?

I'm aware that there might be a couple of actual legit unique weapons in amongst the generic "cr ap" with interesting names.  But that's no excuse for the rest of the generic stuff.  I mean, seriously.  How freaking hard is it ti just toss on some of the special weapons effects (that can NOT be added by player enchantments, please) to create legit unique weapons?   With all the effort these fine devs are putting into the patches (which I appreciate, BTW), can't they expend a little of that effort on making the items sold by VD into legit unique weapons????

I believe they wanted to avoid flooding the game with "unique" weapons because they didn't want backer stuff to dilute the actual content of the game. I ignore all backer content in my playthroughs, including the Club of Refined and Prestigious Gentlemen.

I believe they wanted to avoid flooding the game with "unique" weapons because they didn't want backer stuff to dilute the actual content of the game. I ignore all backer content in my playthroughs, including the Club of Refined and Prestigious Gentlemen.

Honestly, I don't give a rat's behind if those items are backer items or not.  I care that they're nice looking items (mostly weapons) with unique names that are utterly a waste of space unless they're legit unique items.  And frankly, there are more than enough weapons and other unique items in the game already to the point that you can have every weapon slot filled with a unique item and have backups.  Turning another dozen (?) items into unique items isn't going to amount to a hill of beans. 

If anything, this game seems to be LACKING in unique weapons for certain weapon types.  Crossbows and arbalests, for example.  There are only two of each, and one of each is bugged, IIRC, due to the non-functional Speed weapons mod.

Thread back from the dead.

Ring_signet_crpg_icon.png?version=23555b

This ring signifies membership in the Club of Refined and Prestigious Gentlemen. Beneath it's sigil, a motto is inscribed in Eld Aedyran: "Fréod ond Eathmédu"

Does anyone know what Fréod ond Eathmédu means?

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...