Should POE's Final release have been called "Early Access?"

Should the POE that was released have been more appropriately called and Early Access Game, rather than marketed as a finished product?  

209 members have voted

1. 1. Should the POE that was released have been more appropriately called and Early Access Game, rather than marketed as a finished product?

I've not been checking the forums for a couple of months, playing PoE and The witcher 3. I didn't realize it has become such a bitter and whiny place.

Edit: No offence to anyone specifically in this thread, just happened to read on and post here.

Edited by Wilhelm3891

..well. Usually, the best generalisation you can make over, say, forum feedback from eager and extremely interested and engaged people - is that you know you will get an overweight of opinions that are either categorically negative or categorically positive. And that most of the traffic will be short and not very well thought through ditto-opinion. Afterwards, it's easy to focus on that type of opinion, very easy to poll for it, or categorize it, etc. 

Similar to how political campaigning works, by the way :p

No feedback should get a negative response when it comes to bug fixes. The only reason you can be pissed about someone reporting bugs is because you are clearly a fanboy.

Just imagine someone being mad because someone has encountered a bug in Windows/OS X/Whatever and wants it to be fixed. It would be pathetic.

Edited by Luzeryn

No feedback should get a negative response when it comes to bug fixes. The only reason you can be pissed about someone reporting bugs is because you are clearly a fanboy.

Just imagine someone being mad because someone has encountered a bug in Windows/OS X/Whatever and wants it to be fixed. It would be pathetic.

Well, that's a series of sound assumptions to make about how things would or should work. But unfortunately none of them are correct. So the conclusion, while very alluring and reasonable, is also wrong. 

In all the betas I've been playing, the feedback after has been about 99% pointless bickering, about approximately 10% of the features in the game. The rest of the feedback, actual bug-reports, or something halfway useful, makes out a tiny fraction of the lexically recognizable words.

On top of that, developers rarely look for analyses of functionality, how well something actually works, how well or how bad the chosen design works. Because.. why would you? Gamers don't know anything about that.

So what you get in beta-tests, or what is most visible, is typically fights about what people who are extremely engaged in the game think will appeal to "most gamers", who they think their own opinion represents absolutely. And that makes you end up with things like the FF14 beta, where a bunch of folks think a collection of features might go somewhere and make out a great game. While others think it's crap. Or how the uniquely superb animation in Killzone 2 can be both incredible and game-changing, as well as part of a design-flaw of the like no gamer has ever seen, etc., etc.

(And I'm sure we still all see the similarities to how political campaigning works in practice. :p)

The injustice must end! Sign the petition and Free the Krug!

The poll is unfair, imbalanced.

Also I haven't completed it yet, I've spent a lot of time reading the text, and I've noticed the re-playable aspects. I'm in act 2, and I was made to feel as if it was short by the achievements saying there's only a few acts. However, after I reconciled with myself I remembered story line is also part of the game, plus I'd probably complete it a few times to get all the story and the endings, etc.

King of Kings

Lord of Lords

Are you sure we played the same game?

Ahah.. Don't forget to use words like "delusional" and "unhinged" when describing those you disagree with, though. As, obviously, we all see exactly the same parts of the elephant in the room, when we're standing around it, and pointing and explaining, and so on.

The injustice must end! Sign the petition and Free the Krug!