[1.05] St. Garam's Spark

Insolentius

Question

17 answers to this question

It turns out that the ability works, but it only adds +10 accuracy to a single attack made by a nearby ally. Considering the attack speed of pistols, this ability is utterly useless as it is right now. It should "mark" an enemy (as a debuff) and add extra accuracy to allies attacking it.

There is no buff indicator on the ally, but it does increase accuracy by 10 for a single attack. If you use a jumping spell, it only boosts the accuracy for a single jump (or a single hit for an AoE spell). It's worthless.

It affects a random nearby ally, and I have no idea if it works as intended.

I thought it increased the accuracy of a single ally attacking the same target for as long as they both kept attacking the same target.

That would be all right. As it is, it's very weak and overall useless.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

ok, so as far as I understand the 20% speed enchantment is currently broken (does not do anything at all). Coupled with understanding how bad marking is from this thread, means the Blade of the Endless Paths is actually pretty bad. Haha, so the only weapon you need to craft by collecting all the parts in the Endless Paths for maximum anticipation of epic-ness has two abilities on it which just takes up enchantment space. LOL  :facepalm:

2882jxf.jpg

Edited by Omnicron

6ej155.jpg

Indeed. That's my favorite blade in the game, except "Speed" doesn't do anything and "Marking" is entirely useless. Alas :(

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Maybe the "Marking" enchantment would be somewhat useful if it added an Accuracy value high enough (like 200 or something) to guarantee a critical hit on the following attack, effectively having another character "consume" the mark. Just a suggestion to "fix" the problem if the underlying mechanics of the ability prove to be too difficult to resolve.

ok, so as far as I understand the 20% speed enchantment is currently broken (does not do anything at all). Coupled with understanding how bad marking is from this thread, means the Blade of the Endless Paths is actually pretty bad. Haha, so the only weapon you need to craft by collecting all the parts in the Endless Paths for maximum anticipation of epic-ness has two abilities on it which just takes up enchantment space. LOL  :facepalm:

Best weapon in the game IMHO is still an estoc (White Spire) available for purchase at the beginning of act 2 ..  Stacking minus all defences (AOE on barb) makes it 10 times the Blade of the Endless Paths will ever be ..

• Like 2

WPNTVf7.jpg

^ I agree, but I just really like the aesthetics of the Blade of the Endless Paths XD (I also like the idea of a "faster" estoc.)

Yeah, they really need to fix the speed mod, for starters.

The itemization in this game is really bland as it is. We need the few interesting ones to work.

"The harder the world, the fiercer the honour."

Weapon master,- Flail of the dead horse +5.

The marking enhancement I think is fixed (1.06). It was a while ago I checked so I can't remember which weapon, but it was giving a consistent +10 accuracy bonus to a (different random) party member over several encounters. I did, however, assume that this meant that the mod would then therefore work on all weapons and so didn't pay it any more mind.

Alas, the speed mod is a different story -- from all I can tell it is still broken.

The marking enhancement I think is fixed (1.06). It was a while ago I checked so I can't remember which weapon, but it was giving a consistent +10 accuracy bonus to a (different random) party member over several encounters. I did, however, assume that this meant that the mod would then therefore work on all weapons and so didn't pay it any more mind.

Alas, the speed mod is a different story -- from all I can tell it is still broken.

Ah I sort of meant that marking is extremely inconsistent and not that great of a skill on a ultimate sword of all things whereas I would have preferred sticking lash damage/slaying on it instead of that. This is of course in my opinion.

And I probably wasn't clear enough. Marking gives +10 accuracy to a single random party member for as long as the weapon is in use, rather than just for a single attack as it used to. Its usefulness is I suppose a matter of employment -- but probably not "the ultimate sword reforged from legendary lost broken blades."  :) 

And I probably wasn't clear enough. Marking gives +10 accuracy to a single random party member for as long as the weapon is in use, rather than just for a single attack as it used to. Its usefulness is I suppose a matter of employment -- but probably not "the ultimate sword reforged from legendary lost broken blades."  :) 

Good to know I assumed it was a single attack. I still dislike how inconsistent it is with giving the bonus to a random party member who might not need the buff that much as others (though it is helpful)  and you can't easily tell who got it unless you scan the accuracy numbers for each party member after they all attempt an attack on the same enemy. Coordinating is a much better ability due to knowing the user gets the buff but I doubt stats on items will be changed for now.

Also I've done some minor testing so I don't know if this is completely accurate but if you only take two party members, one of which has marking, and place them a good distance from the other party members while aiming at the same enemy, the other will get the buff 100%.

However, if you have them near the party and repeat the same scenario with only those two attacking, the other won't always get the buff even if there is no one else attacking the same target.

Imo, Marking should activate within a small set range near the player with that ability. Only party members who are near the player with marking and are attacking the same target should have a chance at it working. If there is only one other party member attacking the same target, they should get the buff 100% even if they are near other members who are not attacking the same target.

Edited by Dinky Dino