Random interesting or fun things in the game-Spoilers

I don't see any where to add just random things you come across in the game so decided to start one.

I was relaxing and just clicking on various NPCs when I ran across Meredith in one of the inns in Defiance Bay.  Not much of a conversation but I did a double take.   :biggrin:

To be continued.

• Like 1

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

:w00t: Just discovered a merchant I have missed in prior plays.  In Ordra's Gift near where you enter from First Fires Is sosmeone named Curnd.  You need a pass phrase to get him to sell to you but he sells those hard to find gems.  Good times.

nakia_banner.jpg

:w00t: Just discovered a merchant I have missed in prior plays.  In Ordra's Gift near where you enter from First Fires Is sosmeone named Curnd.  You need a pass phrase to get him to sell to you but he sells those hard to find gems.  Good times.

The bandits you kill near Gilded Vales actually have a note which mention him. I think you have to find that note in order to know the password.

vw6IFD4.jpg

I love some of those random little flavor texts :D

If that thing is in Raedric's hold, I would be ready to bet that this is somehow the work of Raedric's wife, or at least that she commissioned it.

Also, I think this NPC is only there at night.

• Like 1

He's only there at night, and you're actually hinted as to his existence in the quest to retrieve the blacksmith's stuff in Gilded Vale. Reminds me that I still haven't found him, thanks for pointing it out. :p

t50aJUd.jpg

^I was hoping you could sell the blacksmith's crate to him as an alternate way to finish that quest, but sadly it's not an option so I just took the crate back to the blacksmith.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

^I was hoping you could sell the blacksmith's crate to him as an alternate way to finish that quest, but sadly it's not an option so I just took the crate back to the blacksmith.

Yeah, that really bummed me out too. I hadn't tried yet, but I heard about it. Considering that it's a few lines of text at most for an alternate solution to a pretty classic and early received quest, it's pretty bad.

t50aJUd.jpg

I never ran into that Cumd guy before. Now that I found him, I still had to threaten him into selling stuff although I did the smith quest and got rid of the bandits. Somehow I didn't get the magic password in the process.

I never ran into that Cumd guy before. Now that I found him, I still had to threaten him into selling stuff although I did the smith quest and got rid of the bandits. Somehow I didn't get the magic password in the process.

check you inventory, you have to read the note, your character does not automatically acquire the password when s/he picks up the piece of paper :)

6ej155.jpg

I don't see any where to add just random things you come across in the game so decided to start one.

I was relaxing and just clicking on various NPCs when I ran across Meredith in one of the inns in Defiance Bay.  Not much of a conversation but I did a double take.   :biggrin:

To be continued.

Who's Meredith?  Did you mean Medreth the Doemenel hire who's looking for the orlan in Dyrford? Or did you mean Maerwith who's the daughter of the banshee?

To be continued.

Who's Meredith?  Did you mean Medreth the Doemenel hire who's looking for the orlan in Dyrford? Or did you mean Maerwith who's the daughter of the banshee?

Medreth the Doemenel hire , thank you for the correction I am terrible at spelling the names.    Corrections always welcome.

nakia_banner.jpg

Ok good to know. I was curious because Medreth said something about "stopping by and giving my regards to the Doemenels the next time I'm in Defiance Bay." I was expecting to find him back there, but never did. Do you know which inn you found him in?

Here's something that surprised me:

Giacco, the guy you can release from Raedric's dungeon will end up in a hideout, somewhere south of Gilded Vale. Magran's Fork maybe.

giacco-2.png

• Like 1

Sorry I don't remember if it was the one in Copperlane or Brackenbury.  I think it was in the upstairs area of one of those but not positive it was upstairs.  Sorry for being so vague.

nakia_banner.jpg

Sorry I don't remember if it was the one in Copperlane or Brackenbury.  I think it was in the upstairs area of one of those but not positive it was upstairs.  Sorry for being so vague.

And if you send him on a wild goose chase first time round, he's lurking in Woodend Plaines for a little revenge.

• Like 2

Giacco, the guy you can release from Raedric's dungeon will end up in a hideout, somewhere south of Gilded Vale. Magran's Fork maybe.

Does he have anything interesting to say?

I stumbled upon the shack in my first playthrough and wondered why there was nobody inside. Seems like this is the answer to my question. ;)

Some other random thing:

If you have the Dyrford piggy in your pet slot, Eder will eventually comment on it. When I heard it, I accidently spilled my tea.

Edited by Zwiebelchen
  • Like 1

Does he have anything interesting to say?

I stumbled upon the shack in my first playthrough and wondered why there was nobody inside. Seems like this is the answer to my question. ;)

If you decide to killl Kolsc instead of Raedric, the whole gang is holed up in the shack, including Giacco. If you leave him to rot in the dungeon, he's not there in any case.

Edited by abaris

Some other random thing:

If you have the Dyrford piggy in your pet slot, Eder will eventually comment on it. When I heard it, I accidently spilled my tea.

I think he comments on most pets at some point :) I once heard a "C'mere kitty! I wanna pet you!" at the orange tabby :p

I also recall someone mentioning something about Sagani telling her fox to "leave the pig alone" so I imagine she might have comments as well.

• Like 1

There's a lot of dialgoue from the companions that can be missed if they're not in your party. For instance, taking Aloth to the bottom of Ced Nua yields this: "Huh....giant feet. Not sure what I was expecting but I should have known."

• Like 1

There's a lot of dialgoue from the companions that can be missed if they're not in your party. For instance, taking Aloth to the bottom of Ced Nua yields this: "Huh....giant feet. Not sure what I was expecting but I should have known."

Aloth has a surprising amount of dryly sarcastic lines for a guy who's supposedly so uptight.

Screen%20Shot%202015-05-15%20at%2010.19.

• Like 1

Hiravias has some of the best lines in the game.

[you] "where did you come from"

[Hiravias] "My mothers crotch! You?"

On entering Galwains Maw - "Be glad we don't have to go in the other way"

There are a few others but those had me lol'ing hard.

Yeah that dam near had me falling off my chair laughing when I heard his reply.

Its a perfect snappy comeback to an inane question plus response 3 is an equally great re-posit/re-joiner line too. I picked number 3 just to see how he'd respond and full credit to the writers here, he almost loses his temper but lets it go but you know he's not the sort of guy you can push back much with.  

Edited by Talwyn224