Damn, that's a nasty thing to do to your enemies, Omicron!  A double whammy of Jolting Touch!!!

I wonder if using draining weapons during a carnage attack drain from all of the enemies your carnage hits.  If so, that could be one really powerful way to heal your barbarian!

Carnage applies to all "on-hit" effects of weapons: Wounding, Disorienting, DR Bypass, Draining, Overbearing, Stunning, Convert Graze to Hit, et cetera. for the on-crit effects, i believe the Carnage attack has to crit, not the parent attack.

it's a wildly powerful skill.

as for proc, it depends on who you talk to or where you are reading as to its etymology. some say its shorthand for Programmed Random OCurrence (eg, x has a y% chance to activate z's effect). others will tell you its short for procedure. with relation to gaming, it's just a synonym for trigger, activate, et cetera.

This makes sense, since it's not uncommon for words, slang or otherwise, to have unknown origins and multiple theories as to those origins. 

I prefer "trigger" myself, though.  It seems much more accurate and descriptive.  :geek:

Looking at the list of effects that Carnage might be able to apply, there are some good ones there.  But I'm tempted to think that Draining could be among the best simply because Barbarians (from my understanding of the class) tend to take a fair amount of damage, and a carnage AoE drain on multiple enemies could heal a LOT of END in a short time!  Particularly since it's not an on-crit only effect.

Damn, that's a nasty thing to do to your enemies, Omicron!  A double whammy of Jolting Touch!!!

I wonder if using draining weapons during a carnage attack drain from all of the enemies your carnage hits.  If so, that could be one really powerful way to heal your barbarian!

Carnage applies to all "on-hit" effects of weapons: Wounding, Disorienting, DR Bypass, Draining, Overbearing, Stunning, Convert Graze to Hit, et cetera. for the on-crit effects, i believe the Carnage attack has to crit, not the parent attack.

it's a wildly powerful skill.

as for proc, it depends on who you talk to or where you are reading as to its etymology. some say its shorthand for Programmed Random OCurrence (eg, x has a y% chance to activate z's effect). others will tell you its short for procedure. with relation to gaming, it's just a synonym for trigger, activate, et cetera.

This makes sense, since it's not uncommon for words, slang or otherwise, to have unknown origins and multiple theories as to those origins. 

I prefer "trigger" myself, though.  It seems much more accurate and descriptive.  :geek:

Looking at the list of effects that Carnage might be able to apply, there are some good ones there.  But I'm tempted to think that Draining could be among the best simply because Barbarians (from my understanding of the class) tend to take a fair amount of damage, and a carnage AoE drain on multiple enemies could heal a LOT of END in a short time!  Particularly since it's not an on-crit only effect.

it works wonderfully. Barbarian can stack good DR with Thick Skinned and Crucible Knight affiliation (if PC) for decent tanking. Retaliation also works with Carnage, so Fire Godlike for more DR + Retaliate + Coat of Ill Payment (not sure if Retaliation stacks). and to top it off, Tidefall has Draining and Wounding for Carnage shenanigans. this on top of the (questionable) Jolting Touch interaction makes Barbarian probably the best DPS class in the game. still not as good as Wiz or Druid cause no CC but pure damage wise, it's hard to argue.

it's why i prefer Weapon Focus: Soldier. Tidefall is incredibly powerful and you can swap in Pike (Tall Grass) for Barbarian.

To add insult to injury the high level barbarian ability that is designed to trigger multiple carnage hits on the same target "Heart of Fury" is very flaky and very rarely gets the number of hits granted by the jolting touch + carnage (bugged IMO) interaction ..

Level 11 once per rest working maybe 1 per 5 tries compared with a dagger available at lvl 2-3 and granting a much better effect once(?) per encounter .. Where's the balance ?

WPNTVf7.jpg

Well this is changing he topic of the thread with all the focus on jolting touch, but I got the Animancer boots and tried them out on my Barb (suicide run :p). Exact same behavior, and you can do that 3 times per rest guaranteed (or even 3 times /combat if you like resting) which feels a bit strong. Wonder if it would work with any scrolls

smd561.jpg

PS very happy with Dwarf Barb btw. Racial Bonus + Zealous Focus + Darcozzi Acc buff + Weapon focus = 37 Acc bonus. Which keeps Wilder and primordial prone with tall grass :p If I wielded Godansthunyr one handed against wilder that would be an additional 12 Acc for a total of 49 bonus Acc O_o Perma-stun anyone?

Edited by Omnicron

6ej155.jpg

Jolting touch + carnage is definitely bugged, because I don't think carnage is supposed to work with spells (but jolting touch is coded as a melee attack and so it works with carnage), however it's nowhere near as it was now with OSA fix and Jolting touch damage fix (barb could easily do 100+ damage per hit with it in 1.04). I do believe it should be fixed, however barb needs some boosts to compensate. Many barb abilities are quite weak, and the class is extremely one dimensional with no other options than aoe melee. It's probably the weakest class in 1 on 1 fights and has no ranged options at all.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...