JadedWolf

To not derail the Everything's Great thread (which more or less turned into the Everything Sucks thread anyhow :facepalm: ), I bring you the Things That Make You Happy thread.

Before the commercial break, we learned that TrueNeutral gets his happy vibes from Red Pandas.

34ebwqh.jpg

Now here is something that makes me happy, with the risk of people never looking at me the same way again:

So, hum. After I've just destroyed any credibility I had left on this forum, what makes you happy?

• Like 6

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

I am a very fortunate person as I am always in a good mood and happy...so its hard to mention one specific thing 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Who would you agree with? Joey or Rachel? I'm squarely in Joey's camp.

THE MORNING'S HERE!

Definitely Rachel...how annoying to get woken up like that  :verymad:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

1. Hearing my wife laugh

Watching my dogs play

Baseball games on the radio

Fishing

Watching the sun set from my porch

Watching the stars from my porch

A really good cup of coffee

• Like 6

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

1. Hearing my wife laugh
  2. Watching my dogs play
  3. Baseball games on the radio
  4. Fishing
  5. Watching the sun set from my porch
  6. Watching the stars from my porch
  7. A really good cup of coffee

What about 

8. The primordial  thrill of eating the raw heart of the animal you have just killed on the hunt ( no need to be politically correct with us but I appreciate the sentiment )

John Milton 

1. Hearing my wife laugh
  2. Watching my dogs play
  4. Fishing

What about 

8. The primordial  thrill of eating the raw heart of the animal you have just killed on the hunt ( no need to be politically correct with us but I appreciate the sentiment )

It's been a while since I did that. I always found it was better when cooked! :lol:

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Waking up and realizing I'm not dead.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Performing one repetition maximum weight powerlifts

Mountain climbing & mountain camping

Watching 12 and 24 hour motorsport endurance races on TV

Shooting tight groups with my rifles

Daydreaming about perfection 

Pushing my limits on my bicycle 

Nightly walks in near perfect dark

• Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

NSFW:

• Like 3
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

In no particular order.

Peanut butter, bacon and banana sandwiches

Dem gainz

Breakfast

Learning new ****

Getting **** done

Kicking back after no more **** needs doing

Strong coffee

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

1. Hearing my wife laugh
  2. Watching my dogs play
  4. Fishing

I know nothing about baseball or fishing. I am a cat-person and i am single. But i can still relate. Keep on living that dream of yours, because your post alone made me happy.

Edited by Meshugger
  • Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

1: My awesome cat Namu.

2: media entertainment.

3: Long walks after it just rained.

• Like 1

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

sex, drugs, and variouse kinds of music

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Great, now you want lasers ? :p

To honestly answer the question, peace and quiet and my PC.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

A weird inconsistent mix of things...

Seeing new places

Observing other people having that "Eureka!" moment when they realise something

Russ Meyer movies

Watching live performances (bands, theater, dance shows etc.)

Cats

Spending time with positive people every now and then (apropos Raithe's "Dr. Carmellas guide to introverts" post a while back)

Almost the opposite of the above, getting away from people when I need to relax and recover my wits.

Nice weather (the part of the world where i grew up has a notorious lack thereof, so it sort of stuck with me to really appreciate it when it isn't bad)

Edit: I thought about adding 'Coffee', but to be honest, coffee doesn't make me happy. Not having coffee makes me unhappy. Subtle but important difference.

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Oh hai.

Is it just me or is there a lot of doom, gloom, rage, fear, whinge, OMG life sucks threads around... whistling.gif

Rather than open yet another whinge thread about that (which is good to see Jadedwolf has done), I thought I'd just comment to say it's all good, I'm looking forward to things, life is pretty awesome really, the beer's cold, the weather's not, and people in general are on the whole quite decent and often far more clever and interesting than they sound (except for some in the thread that I opened).

That's it, really. :)

• Like 1

I found it!

DSCF1678.jpg

I hear they won't let you in while the iron crisis is going on.

• Like 3

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man