Fighter Engagement. Does Defender and Hold the Line stack?

Defender active talent gives - among other things - increased Engagement Limit to Fighter, allowing him to fight 'three enemies at once'.

Hold the Line talent increases Engagement Limit by 1.

If I take both of them, does it mean Fighter can engage 4 enemies?

Yes, they stack.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

It's quite hilarious seeing a mob of enemies clumping around your fighter while you rain death down from afar.

Enemies running around in circles because path finding doesnt exist is more hilarious ,

when your characters do that it becomes enraging not hilarious .

It's quite hilarious seeing a mob of enemies clumping around your fighter while you rain death down from afar.

Enemies running around in circles because path finding doesnt exist is more hilarious ,

when your characters do that it becomes enraging not hilarious .

IE mod improves the AI of enemies. I just wished that they can fix path finding for my party members too.

I find that enabling movement while being engaged helps too. Sometimes I want to move in my fighter to engage the pesky spell caster or archer at the back but they fell in love with the enemy's front liner. Lol