So I started a new game yesterday, walked around for a bit (maybe 3 minutes), then took a look at my character sheet and was startled. According to "elapsed time" I allready spent about 3 hours in the game. Well, I know that the ingame timescale is usually faster but THAT fast? I wonder if it's a bug and whether I will encounter problems later on in the game like, for example, when upgrading my stronghold.

Can someone confirm that this is normal?

The times you see in the records section of the character sheet are ingame time, not real time. I can't remember what's the scale at this time though between real time and ingame time.

The time you see in the savegame screen is the real time you've been playing that game including paused time. So if you start a new game, pause, leave for a few days, then save on return, you could have a game with 3 hours ingame time on record page, and 100 hours "real" time on savegame screen.

@Tennisgolfboll: Thanks but I'm affraid you got that wrong  :)  I mean the time passes very fast, not that it starts at a possibly random number. Btw if someone is interested I just measured the ratio: 1 min realtime = (approx) 24 min game time.

Edited by Fajeth

@OP: I can't answer your question since I rarely check the in-game time, but keep in mind that if you use fast mode, this will also speed up in-game time. Fast mode does not only affect character speed, it affects the speed of the game as a whole (i.e. everything). Also area transitions cost additional in-game time, so it is possible to play the game for 3 minutes in real time and advance the in-game time with a few days, depending on how many areas you visit and how distant they are. Actually area transition is a better way to increase in-game time (for stronghold purposes) than anything else, since fast mode only speeds up time to a degree and resting in PoE always takes 8 hours, regardless of how injured you characters are. Well, you can also abuse the dial at Lle a Rhemen, but whatever.

Nothing gold can stay.

I haven't seen anything that says if the PoE/AI hours are the same as ours but the day is I believe 27 hours long, the week is 5 days long, the month is 4 weeks long, the year is 16 months long.  There are some extra days that don't count towards months that are days of celebration.

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

Thanks but I'm affraid you got that wrong  :)  I mean the time passes very fast, not that it starts at a possibly random number. Btw if someone is interested I just measured the ratio: 1 min realtime = (approx) 24 min game time.

So one ingame day still is about an hour of game time. Which doesn't seem unreasonable.