[Bug] "A Two Story Job" progression breaks if you do things in a certain order.

Matt516

Question

So I found the thieves before ever speaking to anyone from House Doemenel. Killed them, took the letter.

Then I proceeded to do a bunch of other quests.

Then I went to talk to the head of the Doemenels. I did not tell him about the letter right away, even though there was a dialogue option to do so. Instead, I asked him about the letter, the thieves, etc. After this conversation tree, I have no option to give him the letter. Zip. Nada. I talk to him, he says "have you procured the letter?", and my only option is "I'm still looking for it", even though I have it.

EDIT: A little more info. This appears to happen specifically if you ask Abrecan for an invitation before giving him the letter. This appears to lock the conversation tree out of giving him the letter, even if I already have the letter.

Edited by Matt516

5 answers to this question

Update: I also cannot give the letter to Lord Reymont (which is what I actually wanted to do in the first place). Apparently if you've already talked to him in the past without giving him the letter (which I did at the very beginning of Act II), you can't give him the letter in the future. In what world does that make sense? I just wanted to size both of them up before making a decision. Now I literally cannot resolve the quest at all.

EDIT: More info again. The "can't give the letter to Lord Reymont" is triggered by telling Abrecan Doemenel that you will get the letter for him. Which, again, doesn't make sense. I should be able to talk to both sides of a conflict before deciding which one I want to support, and I should be able to go back on my word if I decide I want to support the other side.

Edited by Matt516

Hello everyone,

Could one of you please upload a save file and an output log via dropbox right before you speak with the Doemenels? 

Thanks a bunch

Hey, thanks for the reply! It's been a very long time, but I loaded an old save up to try and reproduce the issue. Wasn't able to - the only dialogue option I had for Abrecan that didn't lead to him blowing me off was "give letter", which pretty obviously commits you to that faction of the quest. So either the issue has since been remedied or my original issue was caused by some super-specific chain of events I can no longer replicate.