Irish set to legalize same-sex marriage

BruceVC

I completely changed my mind and think that this is something that is up to EVERYONE himself who he/She wants to marry. Who cares realy. And i tell you why i dont care about the love interests of others anymore. it´s none of my business and the devil is only the one who projects his private morality into other human beings pointing his fingers while his own skeletons are pretty much alive...

• Like 3

Guys, I'm just pissed over what Bioware did with Inquisition and I'm blaming LGBT & feminists.  This is all their fault.

Now when I see any talk of gay related topics, I just want to rebel against it and be a total ****.  I'm worried that gay people will try to exact their revenge on straight people for years of oppression.   There has to be some resistance against LGBT or the future of gaming will turn into bald women with shaved heads and women that look like men. 

LGBT and feminists are teaming up to get revenge on us straight males, it's a conspiracy.

.... *sigh* ... I still can't believe Bioware made Cassandra Pentaghast look like a man.  I'm still shocked.  Dragon Age was my favorite series.  She looked fine in Dragon Age 2.

I just can't bring myself to play Inquisition knowing I have to look at Christopher Pentaghasts face a majority of the time.  It's like this constant reminder that the LGBT working for Bioware are getting the last laugh against straight men.

I wonder if there is a helmet that can be equipped on her that NEVER gets removed, even during cutscenes, that might work. 

I was thinking of trying to make a mod that puts a paper bag over her head, then on the front of the bag is a picture of a hot woman.

Edited by luzarius

Having trouble with the games combat on POTD, Trial of Iron?

- Hurtin bomb droppin MONK - [MONK BUILD] - [CLICK HERE]

- Think Rangers suck? You're wrong - [RANGER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

- Fighter Heavy Tank - [FIGHTER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

Despite what I may post, I'm a huge fan of Pillars of Eternity, it's one of my favorite RPG's.

Anita Sarkeesian keeps Bioware's balls in a jar on her shelf.

.... *sigh* ... I still can't believe Bioware made Cassandra Pentaghast look like a man.  I'm still shocked.  Dragon Age was my favorite series.  She looked fine in Dragon Age 2.

Elaborate.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

.... *sigh* ... I still can't believe Bioware made Cassandra Pentaghast look like a man. 

You must have a special edition of the game because I'm not seeing it... :aiee:

I was thinking of trying to make a mod that puts a paper bag over her head, then on the front of the bag is a picture of a hot woman.

It could be a picture of Cassandra Pentaghast! :teehee:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

LGBT and feminists are teaming up to get revenge on us straight males, it's a conspiracy.

Did they also cause 9/11?

Anyway, I just feel like this wouldn't be an issue if we'd seperate state unions and religious unions. You know, seperate church and state? Or we could just abolish marriage alltogether since marriage doesn't actually mean anything anymore. The only married couple I know that is still together/never been divorced is my parents, who only married for the state benefits. Marriage seems like a good way to break up your relationship to me.

• Like 2

Did they also cause 9/11?

Anyway, I just feel like this wouldn't be an issue if we'd seperate state unions and religious unions. You know, seperate church and state? Or we could just abolish marriage alltogether since marriage doesn't actually mean anything anymore. The only married couple I know that is still together/never been divorced is my parents, who only married for the state benefits. Marriage seems like a good way to break up your relationship to me.

What? Women no longer dream about that (veeery expensive) princess-wedding?

Sweet!

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

On a more serious note, given our major issues of overpopulation and neglected children across the world, the idea that some fabulous couples will get married, not have children of their own, and then take care of other people's kids sounds like an ideal situation.   shrugnz9.gif

Ants have proven to be quite successful with the upbringing of offspring, despite not being raised by their biological parents :p

On a more serious note, I simply regard homosexuality as one of many mutations (like red hair, white skin, a 6th toe, high IQ, whatever) that evolution applies to test new approaches to life. If it turns out to provide advantages, the gene will become dominant over time, if the disadvantages are greater than the advantages, it will not become a successful branch and will either become extinct or reduced to insignificance.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

What? Women no longer dream about that (veeery expensive) princess-wedding?

Sweet!

Oh no, they totally do. Internalized misogyny and all that.

Goddammit :(

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

On a more serious note, given our major issues of overpopulation and neglected children across the world, the idea that some fabulous couples will get married, not have children of their own, and then take care of other people's kids sounds like an ideal situation.   shrugnz9.gif

Ants have proven to be quite successful with the upbringing of offspring, despite not being raised by their biological parents :p

On a more serious note, I simply regard homosexuality as one of many mutations (like red hair, white skin, a 6th toe, high IQ, whatever) that evolution applies to test new approaches to life. If it turns out to provide advantages, the gene will become dominant over time, if the disadvantages are greater than the advantages, it will not become a successful branch and will either become extinct or reduced to insignificance.

We just need to be a little concerned  about the words we use, to describe homosexuality as a "mutation " , even if it true, isn't very sensitive ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

We just need to be a little concerned  about the words we use, to describe homosexuality as a "mutation " , even if it true, isn't very sensitive ?

You're right. We need to elevate to word so that they can feel being better than others. How about "enhanced", "developed" or maybe "evolved"?.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Of course it is. Kill the Mutant.

But if it's true, then call it what it is, people can cry about it if they like. As Hibbard said "Hillbillies want to be called Sons of the Soil, but it ain't gonna happen"

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Mutation is bad now?

Every word that is direct and honest should be replaced with a vaguely descriptive one that can be anything, therefore not insensitive to anything. That is the way of the times.

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Mate, grab a biology book. We can call it many things and none of them correct.

mutation

/mjuːˈteɪʃ(ə)n/

"the changing of the structure of a gene, resulting in a variant form which may be transmitted to subsequent generations, caused by the alteration of single base units in DNA, or the deletion, insertion, or rearrangement of larger sections of genes or chromosomes."

Its how evolution works, trying out new strategies, sometimes resulting in stable new combinations, sometimes not. Humans are the result of a long series of mutations.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I fear the so called new age language because it is so dishonest. Just imagine someone punshes you in the face and you cant describe this "guy" as what he realy is in your own honest oppinion ? What then ?

Will you describe him as a "person with a problem" for yourself while you see yourself with a beaten up face  in the mirror for 10 days ? I dont think this is a way i can treat myself with some dignity.

In all the seminars and serious discussions about the importance of gay rights  I have read or seen I can't ever recall people supporting the LGBT community ever saying " homosexuality is a mutation "

It comes across  as negative so yes in this case the word " mutation"  could and would offend people who don't understand the valid scientific relevance. So this is a good time to practice the old " politically correct " principles :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Everytime someone tells me to work on my politically correctness, I'll go watch a Russ Meyer movie.

• Like 2

Anyway, I just feel like this wouldn't be an issue if we'd seperate state unions and religious unions. You know, seperate church and state? Or we could just abolish marriage alltogether since marriage doesn't actually mean anything anymore.

You mean... return it to what it was before the Catholic Church officially hijacked what had been essentially a private contract between citizens for property transfer purposes? *GASP*

I like your suggestion to abolish marriage. I'd just like to take it one step further: **** (abolish) the Church. And **** the state too. :D

• Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

The word mutation may sound offensive to some people but then again not for others and who is relevant now and who is the authority to decide and do we all realy want some kind of a ministry of language. So i meant the bigger picture and thats what worries me. There will always be people who are offensive to others like there is a day and a night. So the sensitivity of some people is to me not the benchmark for the rest of the world. Would this be the case it´s called a dictatorship no matter how good you try to paint it!

Anyway, I just feel like this wouldn't be an issue if we'd seperate state unions and religious unions. You know, seperate church and state? Or we could just abolish marriage alltogether since marriage doesn't actually mean anything anymore.

You mean... return it to what it was before the Catholic Church officially hijacked what had been essentially a private contract between citizens for property transfer purposes? *GASP*

I like your suggestion to abolish marriage. I'd just like to take it one step further: **** (abolish) the Church. And **** the state too. :D

What would you suggest to do with the spiritual and cultural vacuum?

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

I fear the so called new age language because it is so dishonest. Just imagine someone punshes you in the face and you cant describe this "guy" as what he realy is in your own honest oppinion ? What then ?

Will you describe him as a "person with a problem" for yourself while you see yourself with a beaten up face  in the mirror for 10 days ? I dont think this is a way i can treat myself with some dignity.

It's pretty uncanny how accurate Orwell's predictions were. You have newspeak, telescreens, and perpetual war. "Truth is stranger than fiction" indeed.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

What would you suggest to do with the spiritual vacuum?

8b8.jpg

Seriously though, I'm not talking about abolishing spirituality. I'm talking about the institution. One does not need to participate in centrally organized, directed group activities to have a religious life, right? Not that there's anything wrong with religious group activities, my beef is more with the "centrally organized, directed" part.

Edited by 213374U

What would you suggest to do with the spiritual vacuum?

8b8.jpg

Seriously though, I'm not talking about abolishing spirituality. I'm talking about the institution. One does not need to participate in centrally organized, directed group activities to have a religious life, right? Not that there's anything wrong with group activities, my beef is more with the "centrally organized, directed" part.

I am neither a friend of organized religions, however i do admit that it has a great affect on the cultural identity in europe. The US gets away with it since it is based on the ideal of a free republic. A country like Spain? I have no clue.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

I am neither a friend of organized religions, however i do admit that it has a great affect on the cultural identity in europe. The US gets away with it since it is based on the ideal of a free republic. A country like Spain? I have no clue.

Oh, wow. I estimate that the odds of something like that happening over here range between "lol, that's a good one" and "a celluloid dog would sooner chase an asbestos cat through hell". Remember, we have made the religious fervor-triggered assault of churches to parade icons around into a national holiday.

STOP TRYING TO TAKE AWAY MY DREAMS