1.06 holy radiance

Gromnir

Question

holy radiance now buffs foes. 

clarification: vessels, for example, do suffer holy radiance  burn damage, but they also get the benefits of the accuracy buff from inspiring radiance and they seem to also get the friendly endurance heal.  this seriously limits the usefulness o' holy radiance particular as it is centered on the priest and cannot be easily targeted to exclude foes. 

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

4 answers to this question

update:

this bug is not limited to holy radiance.  the paladin's inspiring triumph is an example o' an additional ability that buffs enemies as well as friendlies.  we suspect that there is more than a few abilities that is inappropriately buffing foes.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

for numerous spells and abilities, having 'em buff friend and foe alike adds a useful tactical consideration.  abilities such as holy radiance and inspiring triumph are a bit different.  holy radiance and inspiring triumph target on the priest or paladin.  heck, inspiring triumph targets on the paladin and triggers on a kill.  have such an ability buff friend and foe alike serious diminishes its usefulness.

HA! Good Fun!

Hey guys, I was able to confirm this issue. Thanks for reporting.

Got a bug :cat:?? Help us squish it!

• In your report Include your *save file* (C:\Users\YourNameHere\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity) and ...
  • PC: *output_log.txt* (In your PillarsOfEternity_Data folder)
  • Mac/Linux: *Player.log* (In your Unity folder)

• Thank you for your help!