[1.06] Major bug - bartering is broken

Insolentius

Question

19 answers to this question

It's impossible to buy or sell items when camping supplies are maxed. No matter what item you try to buy or sell, this message appears.

How are these things managing to slip by?

actually, this bug fail does not result in any kinda Gromnir bafflement. am suspecting that even for the folks testing on hard or potd difficulty (though am not sure if they do have anybody testing potd) most o' the annoyance features such as limited resting/camping supplies is gonna be disabled.  is also likely that many obsidian folks testing enable unlimited copper/gold as well.  is not difficult to see how this kinda thing could slip past 1.06 testers.  obsidian folks focused on mechanics missing a quirky economy bug?  no surprise at all.

HA! Good Fun!

ps  1.06 is beta... 'cause that seems to be ignored.

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

although, you can fix this by buying a single thing cheap thing from a vendor, then the trade will go through

Yup, same bug with my game. Buying a junk item "fixes" it. Wonder how that sneaked through, since it's rather obvious.

Yea this directly renders my current new playthrough unplayable since I play on POTD. I want to hire a custom party but CAN'T SELL STUFF.

It absolutely doesn't render your playthrough unplayable. As has been said at least a couple of times, buying one junk item from the vendor fixes the situation. Not the perfect solution, but a solution anyway.

Yea this directly renders my current new playthrough unplayable since I play on POTD. I want to hire a custom party but CAN'T SELL STUFF.

It absolutely doesn't render your playthrough unplayable. As has been said at least a couple of times, buying one junk item from the vendor fixes the situation. Not the perfect solution, but a solution anyway.

didn't work for me .. But resting ( -1 camping supply ) worked

WPNTVf7.jpg

didn't work for me .. But resting ( -1 camping supply ) worked

Yea. No. I'm not gonna waste 75 gold at the start of the game that can go towards hiring party members :p

Same here , got to gilded vale and cant barter for **** , i aint buying anything to waste gold that i scarce early so i can avoid the bugs , just fix this and fix it today on the beta build if you got any decency obsidian